Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Bart S »

Given who is available I wouldn't argue with the starting line up. Cooney has been off form recently so fair enough to start Doak.

Tighthead stocks are depressing. Milo or Kane could be 4th choice bat a push but to have either of them 1 injury away from a big game squad is not great. Lets hope they prove me wrong tomorrow.

Jordi was poor last week but surely he or Reidy should be benching ahead of Matty Rea? Otherwise it was a call between Madigan or Moore for the bench. I'd probably have gone Mads but not much in it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

Ulster: Lowry; Baloucoune, Hume, McCloskey, McIlroy; Burns, Doak; Warwick, Herring, Milasinovich, Treadwell, Henderson; Marcus Rea, Timoney, Vermeuelen.

Replacements: Roberts, O'Sullivan, Kane, O'Connor, Matty Rea, Cooney, S Moore, Lyttle

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Strong side. Happy with selection. Obviously not much can be done with Marty and TOT out. Milo was reasonable in the scrum. Fitness around the park is an issue. Maybe the Candy man can come on and do a job for us too.

Correction, just seen that Schoeman and Nel are starting. I expect a hoking in the scrum.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Edinburgh (against Ulster at the DAM Health Stadium, Saturday 7.35pm): J van der Walt; D Hoyland, M Bennett, J Lang, E Boffelli; B Kinghorn, B Vellacott; P Schoeman, S McInally, W Nel, J Hodgson, G Gilchrist (captain), L Crosbie, H Watson, M Bradbury. Substitutes: D  Cherry, H Courtney, L Atalifo, P Phillips, B Muncaster, H Pyrgos, C Dean, M Currie.   
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Good Edinburgh side. Decent pack.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Dave wrote:Ulster: Lowry; Baloucoune, Hume, McCloskey, McIlroy; Burns, Doak; Warwick, Herring, Milasinovich, Treadwell, Henderson; Marcus Rea, Timoney, Vermeuelen.

Replacements: Roberts, O'Sullivan, Kane, O'Connor, Matty Rea, Cooney, S Moore, Lyttle
Is Carter injured or just useless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Soda wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:27 pm
Dave wrote:Ulster: Lowry; Baloucoune, Hume, McCloskey, McIlroy; Burns, Doak; Warwick, Herring, Milasinovich, Treadwell, Henderson; Marcus Rea, Timoney, Vermeuelen.

Is Carter injured or just useless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both. Broke his finger.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Edinburgh (against Ulster at the DAM Health Stadium, Saturday 7.35pm): J van der Walt; D Hoyland, M Bennett, J Lang, E Boffelli; B Kinghorn, B Vellacott; P Schoeman, S McInally, W Nel, J Hodgson, G Gilchrist (captain), L Crosbie, H Watson, M Bradbury.

Substitutes: D Cherry, H Courtney, L Atalifo, P Phillips, B Muncaster, H Pyrgos, C Dean, M Currie.

Strong starting props but falls away a little on bench. Hopefully we can get parity in the set piece.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Not confident about this one. Our squad have a habit of wilting under pressure and this game carries a lot of pressure.
Don’t think we’ll get emptied but not expecting a win either.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I for one will welcome a narrow defeat as long as the performance is plucky.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We’ve got some looking at it as a chance for the top two and others are worried about holding on to seventh and a place at the top table for next season.

The Scottish derby is played the day after we play the Sharks and may give them the potential to ensure that they both finish above us.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bulls have gone 17-10 up with the last play of the first half.

Incredibly, Morne Steyn missed a pen from more or the less the same spot that the Irish 10 did last week against the England Roses.

He was a lot closer though, tbf.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Bulls won 29-17.

2 ulster wins would guarantee top 4 now.

Think positive (feel less so - a good dose of thon syrup is required).
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

If they want it badly enough they are capable of 9 or 10 points from the last 2 games despite that brad pitt show last week ... SUTFUM
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

ding dong2u wrote:If they want it badly enough they are capable of 9 or 10 points from the last 2 games despite that brad pitt show last week ... SUTFUM
That's the spirit. Win tomorrow and I reckon scarlets and leinster will do us a favour to sneak into 2nd place.