URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Post by jean valjean »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i ... 10824.html

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

The Irish Independent is a pure muck scraper but it will be interesting how this story is handled by the rest of the Irish media.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Leinster are finished now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:57 pm https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i ... 10824.html

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
He stopped Munster’s attack in Cardiff on numerous occasions.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Zebre 37-42 Sharks (2-5 MP).

Was 28-3 to the Sharks in 1st half!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Glasgow 52-24 Cardiff, didn't see that coming after last week.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

A welled deserved 23-17 win for Dragons at home to Munster today.

Brad Roberts showed up well. Hanrahan put his province to the sword from the tee.

Very entertaining game.

Fekitoa I thought was poor. Not an NIQ marquee signing performance.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

UlsterNo9 wrote:A welled deserved 23-17 win for Dragons at home to Munster today.

Brad Roberts showed up well. Hanrahan put his province to the sword from the tee.

Very entertaining game.

Fekitoa I thought was poor. Not an NIQ marquee signing performance.
After 2 rounds Ulster are 1st and Leinster are 2nd in the table. At the other end Connacht are bottom with the turnips just above them. Is this too early to be questioning the IRFU's perceived world order and the direction of the funding.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Munster got away with how poor they were last week - only twice getting beyond four phases.

Add that to losing today and their final game of last season!
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Munster unbelievably poor again - the most muddled and incoherent attacking tactics I’ve seen from any side this year. Slow, flat, lateral, predictable - you can tell spectating exactly what’s coming next, no wonder the opposition has no problem figuring it out..

They’re struggling big time at half back, at 9 I think Casey is good but way over-rated, Patterson is a bit of a headless chicken, and at 10 Healy has been going backwards since his great breakthrough season, looks like his confidence is shot. And Carberry was poor when he came on - tbh I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him be anything above average at 10..

I guess they’ll be hoping that a lot of the issues are teething problems as the new coaches bed in, particularly Prendergast in attack, but they looked absolutely miles away today. And their lineout and breakdown was poor, and big name players didn’t deliver, POM was terrible, as were Beirne and Fekitoa..
..one more thing
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Can’t wait to watch it.

Thought the 42 went easy on Munster last week cos Prendy is Jackman’s mate.

Will be interesting to listen to this week’s podcast.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

justinr73 wrote:Can’t wait to watch it.

Thought the 42 went easy on Munster last week cos Prendy is Jackman’s mate.

Will be interesting to listen to this week’s podcast.
Yes I thought that was interesting as well, they were on a downer about Connacht but then pulled their punches big time on Munster - probably hoping for a big win on the rebound against Dragons! I watched their pre-season against Gloucester, then last week and on Sunday, and it’s been the same thing each time, no signs of progress..

In fairness it could be just a lack of joined-up thinking among the coaches, but they need to get the finger out quickly!
..one more thing
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

I think Rowntree publicly criticising players was a mistake. Then talking about how many 'British Lions' they had! That last remark will be noted by supporters.
I think it is too early in the season to judge Munster or indeed any side.
Their Irish internationals were rushed back for yesterday's match due to the ill-thought-out tour to South Africa. The only reason that tour is taking place is to raise funds for the IRFU. Rugby finances in every country are in a mess. That is the reason why the South African tour is taking place as Toyota are throwing a heap of money at it. The South Africa XV v Munster and the All Black's XV v Ireland games are also just fund raisers.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bundee Aki to miss minimum 7 games (Bulls, Munster, Leinster, Scarlets, Ospreys, Ireland v South Africa & Fij). Can play v Australia if he goes to tackle school, otherwise will return in week 8 Munster v Connacht.

The Disciplinary process related to Bundee Aki’s (Connacht Rugby) red card in the United Rugby Championship Round 2 game against DHL Stormers on Saturday, September 24 2022 has resulted in an eight-week ban.

After an act of foul play against DHL Stormers player No 11 (Seabelo Senatla) referee Gianluca Gnecchi showed the Player a Red Card in the 60th minute of the game under Law 9.20(a) – A Player must not charge into a ruck or maul. Charging includes any contact made without binding onto another Player in the ruck or maul.

In his responses to the Judicial Officer overseeing the disciplinary process (Pamela Woodman, Scotland), the Player had accepted that he had committed an act of foul play which warranted a Red Card. She determined that the Player’s actions towards Seabelo Senatla were reckless and took into account, among other things, the speed, force and high degree of danger in the Player’s actions. Ms. Woodman determined that, had it been based on this conduct alone, the offending would have been categorised as mid-range on the scale of seriousness.

However, Ms. Woodman also considered the Player’s actions and demeanour towards the referee in connection with the issue of the Red Card, which she found did not meet the expected standards of conduct or respect. This was also taken into account (in accordance with URC’s Disciplinary Rules) in determining that the Player’s offending was at the top-end on the scale of seriousness, which warranted an entry point sanction of 10 weeks.

The Judicial Officer then considered if there were any mitigating factors and found that the Player’s acceptance that he had committed an act of foul play (during the off-field disciplinary process), expression of remorse, apologies to both the opposing player and referee, and willingness to engage with his club coaching staff on a plan to address this issue, were relevant mitigating factors. These mitigating factors warranted a reduction in the sanction of four weeks.

The Player’s previous suspensions for red cards in 2019 and 2021 for foul play involving head contact, as well as his suspension and warning for previous conduct relating to interactions with referees, were considered aggravating factors, which the Judicial Officer decided warranted a further two weeks of sanction.

As a result the Player will be suspended for a period of eight weeks.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

His central contract is up at the end of the season.