FRU Dinner

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

The Friar Tuck is still going strong - top of Bloomfield Road, junction of North Road/Grand Parade.

What about the Bethany on the Newtownards Road? or The Hot Spot in Ballyhackamore?
denis donaldson
Novice

Post by denis donaldson »

Guys there is nothing wrong with the FRU I worked with them for many years as did some of my close associates.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Was one of them called McGuinness by any chance? :?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Tighthead Prod wrote:Gary - Remembered-at the roundabout at the top of Bloomfield Avenue !!
It is still there and still doing mighty-fine fish suppers :D
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dewi to save confusion and a possible accidents during next years marathon :wink: I would advise a full page ad in Newsletter, Belfast Tele and An Phoblacht stating you are in no way connected to the other mob :shock: You might not be so lucky again :lol: Any wonder young Kimble ran so fast, he was the only one with sense :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

Rooster, with all these other "satirical websites" springing up around Ulster Rugby I don't think there will be a FRU next year.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....

Ha!
A vote for Kimble is a vote for progress!
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

denis donaldson wrote:Guys there is nothing wrong with the FRU I worked with them for many years as did some of my close associates.
Denis - With your connections could you recommend any good Italian Ice Cream Shops where the local FRU could retire to after their ''Fish Supper and Mushy Peas Bash'' ??
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Other "satirical websites" Dewi :? Where :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Rooster - ANY Satirical website about Ulster Rugby ?? WHERE ??
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Is Desano's ice cream shop still in operation on the Newtonerds Road :?:
Pity we don't do any satire here Tighty, the FRU running the marathon would have made a great story :lol:
Rory Best
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

The FRU running anything usually makes a headline or two :?
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Rooster
Cecil's is gone but Archie's is still there and the product is still the same as always. Finest ice cream either side of the Lagan.
So that's the main course and desert - what about a starter?
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Cables - did n't know there were 2 Desanos - I only knew of the one at the Lower end of the N'ards Road - around the Susan Street / Tower Street area.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Finest ice cream in Ireland Cables, like Tighty I did not know there were 2 thought just the one THP mentions :D must take a wee trip down for one :D
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

What's all this about satire?? That's the thing on yon Scottish flag isn't it? :?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians