Positives and Negatives: Ulster Vs Cardiff

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Positives and Negatives: Ulster Vs Cardiff

Post by Bart S »

Neil F wrote:
Big-al wrote:We said the same thing this time last year, i'm afraid we can get worse, we can be the connaght of Ireland
I think the difference is that this season, we can see where our problems are coming from - mostly, weak defence and poor setpiece, although the handling errors from earlier in the season seem to have creeped back into things in the last couple of games. Ultimately, we have seen Ulster be in a position to win games and lose them, rather than looking like they were never in the game. The things that are causing Ulster problems now are things that can be worked on, and no doubt will be worked on in preseason. I'd be very surprised if next season was worse than this one past.

Agree with a lot of this, but got the feeling by the end of the season that we were really were the2nd poorest team in the legaue and the gap betwen ourselves and Connacht was less than the gap between us and the Dragons or any of the other teams. I can understand MW's tactic of throwing in the youngsters for those away games, but we'd have lost those heavily regardless of who was playing. In fact by the end of the season we were thankful to have a couple of relatively easy home games to target plus a game against a full 2nd XV

My real concern is that in all of those 10 or 11 defeats we had during the season we managed to pick up a grand total of 1 losing bonus point (ie we were comprehensively beaten on virtually every occasion).
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

good point. I noticed that the teams just above us won the same number of games, or maybe 1-2 wins more but were a bucket load of points ahead of us. Presumably, because they were collecting bonus points. The 2 defeats against Glasgow and Cardiff were particuarly disapointing. We have always been suspect away, but at ravenhill we are usually a match for most sides.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

POSITIVE - I MET A GIRL CLAIMING 2 B A CHEERLEADER ON THE TERRACE.

NEGATIVES - SHE WAS NOT IN UNIFORM AND HAS NEVER BEEN APPROACHED BY ULSTER RUGBY.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh