Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by mikerob »

Kiwis beside us at game we're annoyingly pleasant and gracious in defeat . I've met some right arrogant ones in pubs when watching Irelands usual humiliations
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Kiwis are not that arrogant they know their rugby and confident in their team but as a consequence tend to blind in one eye .

Most supporters are -- we just lack that sense of a God given right to win knowing the luck of the Irish is a sheet of Ice .

Like most I knew a 4 point lead was a red rag to Bull and felt the Deja - vu of the moment .

Was a bit surprised their first try was given as the scorer failed to catch / control the ball ,after the knock on ,and before scoring .

Zebo defended well the way Zebo can provided he can tackle from behind and has assistance be it only minor to slow the opponent .

Kearney had one of those games mixing good with bad - bravery going for the ball and ball in hand and missing in defence .

Trimble had one of his best games in green seemed to all over the pitch .

That was some win for a team lacking the star quality of the golden age -- no RoG no BoD no PoC -- that mix of Muster forwards and Leinster backs and a lone Ulster man and that was possibly a better All Black side given the fact it was on 18 win run

Determination and from that determination- luck - sometimes you make it .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I thought Ireland would have a real chance in Dublin but didn't expect that. I think the Foley-Factor can't be underestimated and the side really through everything at it. When NZ got back within with a try I thought the writing was on the wall so tremendous effort and leadership to see the game out.

Looking at the bigger picture, it's really given international rugby a much needed boost. All eyes will be on the Dublin match now. I'm glad I stuck by Joe - I genuinely believe he may be the second coming.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
60watt
Novice

Post by 60watt »

damianmcr wrote:I couldn't give a brad pitt about these Autumn games as I expect Canada to be the only team Ireland beat.
Indeed
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I read on Facebook that Axel played for Ireland against NZ in 2001 and the scoreline was exactly the same in NZ's favour. What an incredible coincidence.
Last edited by shamalicious on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Means sweet FA if it's not backed up
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Ireland v NZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQL9rjywJrg

Barbarians v South Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLvSM_66D5g

Not my upload of the Ireland game. Cant find it online yet.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Tell that to the 23 on the pitch yesterday Russ .

An Irish team has never none it before not even BoD can say he was in an Irish team that beat the All Blacks .How many Irish caps would he forego just to say that .

Carberry if he retired with only one cap would still be a happier man than BoD.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Means sweet FA if it's not backed up
Jeepers Russ you must be a joy to live with. Your ability to find a negative is staggering. :roll:
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

I told you all i wasn't so convinced it would be that bad :cheers:

Great stuff. Can't believe it, what an effort from everyone involved, Murray & Stander were the stand outs for me

However, as nice as it is to revel in now, I fear for us when the AB's come to Dublin :shock:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:Means sweet FA if it's not backed up
Jeepers Russ you must be a joy to live with. Your ability to find a negative is staggering. :roll:
Do you want to be Wales?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
thecrouch wrote:All 23 men were warriors tonight. Bodies on the line for the jersey. Pride, passion and belief. Tremendous.

You couldn't annoy me tonight.
Rooster has the game up from last night..... :duck:
Our bunch of fannies could learn a lot from watching that tonight. Ireland and Ulster are chalk and cheese right now.

There is a reason for that, the antipodeans have ruined provincial rugby for their own job security. UNfortunately last night means they will continue to do so with impunity.

It's acceptable to celebrate a fine win and a magnificent performance which it was in spades, but there will be consequences. That is the downside. Nuciballix & Schmidtferbrains have become untouchable.

Celebrate that if you will.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LadyP wrote:Well , I suppose after the ladies doing it in 2014 as the first adult team to beat a NZ team the boys had to, I believe the ladies captain was there and spoke to them on what it means to beat them.
I hope they paid her due respect M'lady and didn't go all Donald Trump on her, the fannygrabbingbastard.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:Greetings from Chicago boys! Just about to tuck into a deep dish pizza as sustenance for the night ahead. Truly, truly epic. I had visions of 2013 when the ABs came back to within 4 because that is what happens, Ireland feck up at the end. Image

I shed a tear when Rory was interviewed on the big screen after the game. My mum taught him at primary school but when Ireland was playing she could never watch when he was throwing in at lineouts in case he messed up!
Daresay Mike you are feeling pretty smug about ignoring my boycott call. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: mind you that pizza looks shyte. :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:I thought Ireland would have a real chance in Dublin but didn't expect that. I think the Foley-Factor can't be underestimated and the side really through everything at it. When NZ got back within with a try I thought the writing was on the wall so tremendous effort and leadership to see the game out.

Looking at the bigger picture, it's really given international rugby a much needed boost. All eyes will be on the Dublin match now. I'm glad I stuck by Joe - I genuinely believe he may be the second coming.
I think that's probably the most sensible thing you have ever posted.