Top 4 Predictions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tenyarder
Novice

Re: Top 4 Predictions

Post by Tenyarder »

The problem for coaching staff and players is that you can't 'play' for a losing bonus point, or if you do, you are bound to come a cropper. The only realistic plan is to play for a win, and focus on scoring 4 tries. Either will do the job. Dragons will be a hard team to beat at home, but we are more than capable of doing it, and of scoring 4 tries against them, provided all the team front up.

I think that the Leinster semi is the better option in any case. History is not on our side, but Leinster will have other things to think about, and Munster will be hurting. Dublin is also a more convenient venue to Stand Up. So let's go for the 5 pointer and a semi in Dublin, preferably on the Saturday!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Leinster have a lot to think about and a match schedule to fulfill, which if not seen as daunting, will require careful management if they have aspirations of doing the double.

Fri 6 May 19:05 ML Leinster v Glasgow Warriors Royal Dublin Society TG4
Fri 13 May 19:05 ML-SF v TBA
Sat 14 May 18:30 ML-SF v TBA
Sat 21 May 17:00 HC-F Leinster v Northampton Saints Millennium Stadium
Sat 28 May 17:05 ML-F v TBA
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:A losing BP will do ok. I just hope we don't end up cursing that ball bag TMO decision in Italy. :evil:
Of course you are right LastNight & I have only selected your post as it is short but I sincerely hope the team & particularly the management don't go into this match with that attitude.

We need to attack this game as if it is indeed our most important game in 12 years as I jokingly posted elsewhere. For McGlock a semi in the ML will surely quiet any fool who doesn't think he has taken the team safely on the first mile of the road to respectability and genuine competitiveness.

May the remaining miles be swiftly walked.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

And of course as pointed out above, four tries will do regardless of whether or not they put in 20! I think we should be aiming for a bonus point win, gives us a handful of ways to get there. What we shouldnt do is try to grind it out, risks a breakaway try from them finishing us! We need to tear into them, get that back line moving and look to blow them off the park.
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

Just hoping we can play to our normal game. We've been good to watch away from home with a few exceptions and the boys are capable of a bp win, but let's just win the darn thing first.

The Dragons have some dangerous runners so we can't go out there with the same attitude we started against Aironi in the ERC. Not safety first, rather get territory in the right place and try to create something from there. If the boys play with the same intensity as MK they won't be able to live with us.
One does not simply walk into Ulster
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

well, rugby is a funny old game. So much for predictions!!!!!!!!

ulster must have shares in aironi rugby - they love doin us a favour LOL
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

againstthehead wrote:well, rugby is a funny old game. So much for predictions!!!!!!!!

My predictions were fairly good - all SIX results this evening. :cheers:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:well, rugby is a funny old game. So much for predictions!!!!!!!!

Just a pity they hadn't rounded off their season by beating the chavs.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

SparkyClarky wrote:
SparkyClarky wrote:Italians 5pts, Dragons 4pts, Glasgow 4pts, Scarlets 4pts, Leinster 0pts, Connacht 4pts, Dragons 4pts (6/7) :D

25pts out of remaining games?

C'Mon Ulster!!! :red: :red: :red:
Not good quoting yourself but as already stated in Dragons win thread
Munster v Hairsprays
Leinster v Ulster

Love it, got the last 7matches & when Quinns & Tigers win tomorrow I'll be looking at another tidy wee sum.

Always nice when you make a few quid and your team does the biz!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!