FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote:
rumncoke wrote:England v Sweden -- a borefest in the making --- at least the Colombians kept the interest up -- wondering when the ref was going to -- hand out a FO card
The only thing as disgracefulas the Columbians histrionics was the ref and officials failure to deal with them.

The only person who kept his head was Kane who seems a great antithesis of the previous English show ponies.
Very level headed, likeable young lad who was superb last night and I like to see do well.
Sometimes it's not all about the money and individualism as they kicked him to oblivion and facing of all that provocation he never batted an eye.
A proper sportsman and gentleman kids can look up to and I'm afraid it's one of these :salut: from me and I dont dish them out often.

Agreed on Kane. Probably something to do with his Galway roots. Gwan the Tribesmen. :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I did watch England v Tunisia in the company of Al the Expert and although I knew very few of the Lionel players was convinced by Al that this lot are different, that the manager is a good bloke and not like Shady Sam or a super optimist like Woy, also that Kane seems an unusual Lionel footballer in that he's not stupid. The whole thing appearing a lot more palatable than the usual "it's coming home" bullshit.

So what's not to like?

Well now, 800 years of oppression and their media haven't changed. I hope they get their heeds stove in by the Swedes
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

That's a different game Baggy.
We wouldn't want to wish them too much success.
Would love to see the Galway boy get the golden boot though.https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 4o&ampcf=1
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:That's a different game Baggy.
Would love to see the Galway boy get the golden boot though.https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 4o&ampcf=1
Kane has three penalties and one that flew in off his heal. I think a header from about two yards and I can't remember the other one. Thing is though that nobody will remember how goals were scored if he wins the boot. It would be a fantastic accolade for any striker to have.

You have to admire a player like Mbappe though, doesn't take penalties, has 3 goals in the world cup and he's only 19! If France go further he will likely bag another couple.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote: You have to admire a player like Mbappe though, doesn't take penalties, has 3 goals in the world cup and he's only 19! If France go further he will likely bag another couple.
If - Ballix to if. I already told yiz France would win the world cup but ye don't listen. :D

Seriously though that lad is sheer class. He'll be something else given more time. Tis great watching such exciting players and even more so as many of the famed players went home so early.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote:That's a different game Baggy.
The West's awake. "Our" only chance to ever have a golden boot winner. :D
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: You have to admire a player like Mbappe though, doesn't take penalties, has 3 goals in the world cup and he's only 19! If France go further he will likely bag another couple.
If - Ballix to if. I already told yiz France would win the world cup but ye don't listen. :D

Seriously though that lad is sheer class. He'll be something else given more time. Tis great watching such exciting players and even more so as many of the famed players went home so early.
Wise the Mbappe was phenominal in the Argentina game.
I have never seen pace like that from a footballer.
At 19 the world is his oyster if he can back that up.
Uruguay are a different proposition as Godin and his pals won't be giving him that room.

Way more to Kane than those 6 goals.
As a lone striker he gave a masterclass in hold up play bringing in players and buying fouls to relieve pressure.
You might have already guessed it but I'm developing a crush.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote: Way more to Kane than those 6 goals.
As a lone striker he gave a masterclass in hold up play bringing in players and buying fouls to relieve pressure.
You might have already guessed it but I'm developing a crush.
Indeed - If you were Baggy I'd probably be advising Harry to wine cork his ass.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Shan that's disgusting and beneath you.
It would just be plenty of hugs and going to dinner.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

I see former US goalkeeper Hope Solo is on the RTE panel. Hope was up in court on domestic abuse charges against both her sister and her nephew. She seems to have quite a track record but after a number of court appearances she was found not guilty.
I just hope(no pun) that there are no marches or protests outside the RTE studios at Donnybrook.

#ibelieveher
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jetstream wrote:I see former US goalkeeper Hope Solo is on the RTE panel. Hope was up in court on domestic abuse charges against both her sister and her nephew. She seems to have quite a track record but after a number of court appearances she was found not guilty.
I just hope(no pun) that there are no marches or protests outside the RTE studios at Donnybrook.

#ibelieveher
1/10
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jetstream wrote:I see former US goalkeeper Hope Solo is on the RTE panel. Hope was up in court on domestic abuse charges against both her sister and her nephew. She seems to have quite a track record but after a number of court appearances she was found not guilty.

#ibelieveher
Not guilty will do me. Why fling mud at someone who has already been cleared in a court of law?

I took the bait.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Her nephew is 6ft 9.

Can he play 4?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Not guilty will do me. Why fling mud at someone who has already been cleared in a court of law?
You will never get a job in the BOI with that attitude.