A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by bazzaj »

Yes I can definitely see that cultural difference
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

When it comes to mothers-in-law, I reckon it probably works out about even.

My wife got a great mother-in-law, but I didn't! >EW

(only kiddin' I got a great one too!) :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I'll have a Co Tyrone m-in-law by this time a week on Saturday....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:I'll have a Co Tyrone m-in-law by this time a week on Saturday....
Good luck with that
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

An anagram of mother in law is woman Hitler.

Justin how much to kidnap my mother in law as well?
Bring an army but FFS don't look her in the eye.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Blimey - it is as well.

Still, Bishop's Stortford is a fair hike and they don't leave the farm much.

And she's a lovely woman (for the avoidance of any doubt).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Jizzer, I'll be sure to pass that on at the next meeting for guys and gals who are as gay as the next man. Admittedly it sounds catchy - DUP friends of the Gayberts, vote for us and you'll never have to listen to a whinging mother-in-law.

Thing is, I had an excellent MA IN LAW, I think in general that they get a bum rap. Nah, forget it, I'll just take marriage equality, thanks. :thumleft:

You have the old Rose tinted glasses on about NI Jizzer, still has vast tracts terrorised by scumbag paramilitaries, still has people being scared out of there houses still has dickheads running the place..... or currently not, and just so you know, has one young Ballymena centre who was banned for 6 months for call a ref a fenian yet still has pulled on an Ulster shirt.

I could go on but your not a dummy, you get the point.
I do pal but careful your not doing the same with Spain Bagster and I'll wager I have a darn sight more experience of Northern Ireland than you have out there.

About gay marriage joking asides I think these guys need to be careful when they do enter into it or they eventually get what they wish for here.
Some will marry only as it's their right and enter into it for the wrong reasons.

Then reality kicks in when half their assets are stripped by a person who they probably forget why and how they could ever stand to be in the same room as.
That's the flip side and it isn't always a bed of roses or some utopia.
Its tough particularly for younger people with all the pressures of modern life.

As for mothers in laws- swap?
Even cancer is scared of mine.
Boom boom Bernard.

Jizzer, it's possibly against my normal insistence on exemplary manners but I'll ask you anyway? Have you had an exceptionally acrimonious break-up?

I have to tell you Jizzer, but opinions formed on anything from one or a few personal experiences rarely if ever make for a generalising which can be held up as reflective of norms.

In my family, on my side of things, I know of no breakups going back at least 3 generations, on Mr's T's only one, so whilst I realise we are possibly atypical we are a glowing recommendation for the fact that marriage, and I assume civil partnerships, is more stable than a mere relationship no matter how committed.

No matter how bad divorce stats are I understand that what I've said above is supported by statistics.

As for Spain Jizzer, I have my eyes wide open, I've had a house there for 9 years, I have travelled to most of the major cities, quite a few smaller ones and a brave few villages forbye. I have yet to see any hint of widespread "spidedom", though of course, it is not a land of milk & honey. I know my local towns very well and there is not one part of them I would have any concern about being at any time day or night and I can't say that about Bangor.

Some people naively ask me if I think I will ever be back, the answer is for as little time as it takes to see family & friends, now and again.

Anyway, enough of me, albeit I'm my favourite subject >EW , back to politics.

I see the outrageous liar Newton has said he refutes all claims, despite the BBC providing consistent written evidence that he is more than a casual advisor of Charter NI and says he won't seek re-election as speaker. I'd have found that satisfactory if he'd left off "as speaker". Then again, DUPers are shameless sponges of public money, this particular one kept it in the family and employed wife, son & daughter, I'll bet they didn't use a time clock.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

justinr73 wrote:Blimey - it is as well.

Still, Bishop's Stortford is a fair hike and they don't leave the farm much.

And she's a lovely woman (for the avoidance of any doubt).
Genuinely good luck if these posts implies you are getting married a week on Saturday and not just a mother in law visit.
Remember it's never too late to bail.
Just a few of my marital observations for your reference.

Those little nagging doubts you have don't go away. They get amplified unti they eventually entirely engulf your wife to the extent that the succubus becomes virtually unrecognisable and the virtuos traits you fell in love with occupy the vacuum previous reserved for nagging doubts.
This is the Venus fly marriage trap.

NEVER EVER try to make your wife happy. Absolutely pointless task as you are incapable of making them happy. If you build them a swimming pool they will want a diving board. Male saps who pander after them end up like a dog chasing their tail. Unless you have a wife that is capable inner bliss and contentment in which case you have landed what's known in the trade as a unicorn as they just don't exist.If they don't know what makes them happy what chance do you have? Know also you are soley there for blame.
Just do the things that make you happy safe in the knowledge that at least one of you is.

Also having kids is not a solution it just puts you further down the list of her things that are important to her. I currently am rated just below next doors cat in that regard.

Also kids further magnify your inadequacies in her eyes.
And the only thing post kids of less importance than you in her life is sex.
That is something to her that just occasionally appears on the discovery channel worthy only of the disapproving tut you will come to loathe more than life itself.

You will be blamed for all her failings. Feck me theres a lot of potential company directors out there. Over half the population in fact.

Triviality takes over the relationship. You wouldn't realise how you have survived 30 years of your life without her scintillating advice. Things you assumed were unimportant now become the bedrock of your marriage such as stacking dishwashers, folding tea towels or hanging clothes.A knife in a fork drawer is like a dagger in her heart.
No, best to do nothing, put your feet up and watch sky sports. That way you only get nagged once and for no effort required on your behalf.

Triviality part two- the argument. You will find yourself arguing with her to the point of death with passion and vigour over something you would normally find unimportant. For example I didn't realise quite how much I cared about the parking distance from kerbs till I got married.

Don't base your marriage on love Base it on trust. It wasn't until the last few years that my wife trusts me implicitly. Only because in her mind now that no other woman would have a low life like me. Turns out she's right.

Everything you say will be invariably wrong. Test this out. Get a friend to say a similar thing to her and watch her agree with the most bizarre of comments. Won a recent bet about Donald Trumps hair using this tactic.
Best to say nothing at all.

Don't covet anyone else's wife not just your neighbours.
Remember they are in a no different situations to you. The shambolic appearance of a happy wife means that she has fried amd eaten her husbands plums for breakfast.

Your friends and family will become objects of ridicule and indifference. Hers on the other hand she will see as the family off the Cosby show. And look how that played out.

Every joke you have heard about marriage is based entirely on fact. In fact these 'jokes' just appear to be statements to me now.

There is a lot more Justin but I've covered the basics the rest you will have to work out yourself. Got to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way . Be a bit boring otherwise.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Always worth a review when marriage comes up for discussion.

https://youtu.be/XuI6GTY9eVc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last edited by jean valjean on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

JIzzer, you have me reaching for the Kleenex, I never thought life could be so miserable and predictable.

I have always intended to grow old disgracefully, that is why the saintly Mrs T & I are about to head away on a new adventure, been through all the usual stages of marriage parenthood, losing parents and now its time for a change, a healthier life and a new challenge. To me among my many reasons, I know I will be at least a stone lighter 12 months hence due to better diet, more active life & actually giving a feck about life, I've been marking time for far too long.

I know the big reason, amongst a few, why more people don't do it is probably their fears of the unknown & how their relationship may or may not cope with new pressures such as language, making friends and that sort of thing, but I tell you true Jizz, I was ready to do this 5-6 years ago, circumstances were never just right, now I bustin' to get away and start living.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:JIzzer, you have me reaching for the Kleenex, I never thought life could be so miserable and predictable.

I have always intended to grow old disgracefully, that is why the saintly Mrs T & I are about to head away on a new adventure, been through all the usual stages of marriage parenthood, losing parents and now its time for a change, a healthier life and a new challenge. To me among my many reasons, I know I will be at least a stone lighter 12 months hence due to better diet, more active life & actually giving a feck about life, I've been marking time for far too long.

I know the big reason, amongst a few, why more people don't do it is probably their fears of the unknown & how their relationship may or may not cope with new pressures such as language, making friends and that sort of thing, but I tell you true Jizz, I was ready to do this 5-6 years ago, circumstances were never just right, now I bustin' to get away and start living.
So .... ya goin somewhere Baggy?

Where ya goin?

How come you've never mentioned this before?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:JIzzer, you have me reaching for the Kleenex, I never thought life could be so miserable and predictable.

Fair play Bagster but the thought of me going anywhere with my wife as a sole companion for the rest of my days would potentially turn paradise, never mind Spain, into the third circle of hell for me.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote:I'd choose a Civil Partnership. Oh hang on ... I can't because the feckin Labour Party are fascist batsards, who discriminate about different kinds of love.

;)
Yeah. Ideally we would not need to choose anything at all which would be my ideal. No privilege for legal marriage in legal terms etc.

However as we are where we are it it is unacceptable to deny anyone the right to legal marriage, just as it is unacceptable to deny any legal rights from any citizen.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Choose life
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

So .... ya goin somewhere Baggy?

Where ya goin?

How come you've never mentioned this before?
Fu'ck up Grumps ya ould killjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol: