CHARLIE Boy - "Wish you were here !! "

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: WELCOME to ULSTER CHARLIE Boy

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:He saw very little of the ball.

The All Blacks knew they'd been in a game though.
All Blacks are always poor in their opening game
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

For the Samoa try, the AB fullback was lying uncouncious on the 22 and Charlie was defending the entire tryline
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

justinr73 wrote:He saw very little of the ball.

All the more reason to go to Specsavers!
It's the hope that kills you.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

The All blacks backs couldn't function or flow without their regular centres as would be the case with any back line.
Having said that Charlie still managed to look absolutely electric when he got the ball.
He will rip up Europe if he gets here fit and well.
Anyone who thinks otherwise state your name below and I will be back to haunt you.
Beware I have a great long term memory when there is a chance to belittle anyone on here
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The RMT have released a statement saying Charlie will be rubbish

Luckily the RMT have never once been correct
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Will Charlie be interviewed by the PSNI as part of the NAMA enquiry?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

bazzaj wrote:The All blacks backs couldn't function or flow without their regular centres as would be the case with any back line.
Having said that Charlie still managed to look absolutely electric when he got the ball.
He will rip up Europe if he gets here fit and well.
Anyone who thinks otherwise state your name below and I will be back to haunt you.
Beware I have a great long term memory when there is a chance to belittle anyone on here
bazzaj I'm in no way questioning Charlie's ability, I am questioning Charlie's signing if we don't have at least one preferably two backrow forwards who will constantly be on the front foot and constantly getting over the gainline.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I never meant you scrummers obviously as I love you too much.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Reports suggesting that Charlie will start for the All Blacks against Argentina next weekend. For someone who supposedly doesn't have a great chance getting into the ABs squad he's getting a fair chance to prove himself.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I see the points being made about the need for back row which we all know is true but I have to say if you have the chance to sign a class act you take it without hesitation or your rivals could benefit.
I can't think of too many All Blacks who have signed to a NH side pre international retirement.
You snap them up given the chance as they don't grow on trees.
Ludik and Payne are good fullbacks but Charlie is a different class entirely and will give us a completely different dimension out wide.
However I will only believe it when he eventually arrives.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

ruckover wrote:Reports suggesting that Charlie will start for the All Blacks against Argentina next weekend. For someone who supposedly doesn't have a great chance getting into the ABs squad he's getting a fair chance to prove himself.

If Savea and Ben Smith are nailed on as 2/3rds of the NZ back 3, Hansen could easily alternate between Piutau and Dagg for the last (ie 11/14/15 of Savea/Smith/Dagg, or an 11/14/15 of Savea/Piutau/Smith).
It's the hope that kills you.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

bazzaj wrote:I see the points being made about the need for back row which we all know is true but I have to say if you have the chance to sign a class act you take it without hesitation or your rivals could benefit.
I can't think of too many All Blacks who have signed to a NH side pre international retirement.
You snap them up given the chance as they don't grow on trees.
Ludik and Payne are good fullbacks but Charlie is a different class entirely and will give us a completely different dimension out wide.
However I will only believe it when he eventually arrives.
I agree. I am sure that they have done everything above board and made all the announcements to tie him in, but there are too many recent cases of SH players trying to get out of their contracts (Cooper, Genia etc) after they have signed. The move would depend on the national union giving them promises on game time. I always associated the move up here as mostly top players at the tail end of their playing days and the unions allowing them a big career ending pay day (mostly in France), it even applies to shaven headed ginger folk up here ! Charlie boy was obviously peed off about something when he agreed to sign for us, hope that he sticks to it and that he still wants to come. They will lean on him if to see if he can get out of it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I see Burt Bakarat has arrived
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:I see Burt Bakarat has arrived
Don't You Believe It. I heard he was coming to This Empty Place Any Day Now. Burt told Bryn I'm having a torid journey On My Own between Trains and Boats and Planes he's sick of it.
He's sending for his Wives and Lovers Wishin' and Hopin for a good start to the season and some Magic Moments. The Bellylaugh have it as their Front Page Story.
Apparently Doaky says bored because Everybody's Out of Town, he said "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself" when Dinger was here he left me post-its, there was "Always Something There to Remind Me" about the wee jobs I asked him Please Stay, but there is now One Less Bell to Answer . So Long Johnny and I left On My Own .
Logie told him if he was at a loose end he could get a pack of windowlene wipes from Tesco and do the Windows and Doors to which he replied wise up Monty The Windows of the World? I'm a Better Man. Burt says he's looking forward to when The Green Grass Starts to Grow on the pitch Stronger Than Before.

That's 20......I'm bored. :duh:
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Nice try from Charlie boy just after half time against the RGs