FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by Liz Fraser »

The not so subtle difference between Hope and the two lads is of couse she isnt two lads.
Hope could literally take a dump in the middle of the studio floor live on air and idiots would declare it a triumph for female empowerment.

Love the forced tokenism put upon the TV companies with the female pundits in the same manner as ITV rugby brought forward Maggie Defonzerrelli to state the complete obvious.
Have they been coached to say "No end product in the final third" in the same way as Father Jacks " That would be an ecumenical matter?"
However all of them are preferable to Matthew Upson.

I took the bait too btw.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Over 170,000 people have signed a petition demanding England's World Cup last-16 match against Colombia is replayed.

The petition, which was started two days ago when Gareth Southgate's men won a penalty shootout, argues England were awarded their second-half penalty for "a non-existent foul" and that Colombian striker Carlos Bacca's extra-time goal should have been allowed to stand.

Bacca had scored after referee Mark Geiger had already halted proceedings, with England defender Harry Maguire distracted by a second ball that would have come on the pitch had the assistant not stopped it.

The petition calls for FIFA "to review these two actions, in order to set a precedent for fair play".

WTAF.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Over 170,000 people have signed a petition demanding England's World Cup last-16 match against Colombia is replayed.

The petition, which was started two days ago when Gareth Southgate's men won a penalty shootout, argues England were awarded their second-half penalty for "a non-existent foul" and that Colombian striker Carlos Bacca's extra-time goal should have been allowed to stand.

Bacca had scored after referee Mark Geiger had already halted proceedings, with England defender Harry Maguire distracted by a second ball that would have come on the pitch had the assistant not stopped it.

The petition calls for FIFA "to review these two actions, in order to set a precedent for fair play".

WTAF.
ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

The IRFU and Ulster rugby have already caved in to these demands by hastily arranging a subbuteo replay version of the game to be sponsored by the BOI and releasing all players with English heritage going back to the plantation.
FIFA have yet to confirm whether the result of the subbuteo match will stand.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Former German captain Lothar Matthaus and Brazilian great Ronaldo were at the launch of FIFA's annual player awards in Moscow on Wednesday and Matthaus said he thought the referee should have been much stricter with Colombia's arguing and diving. He also thought England were worthy winners.

While Ronaldo, when asked by a reporter what he thought of Colombia's complaints, said: "How long have you been reporting on football?"

To which the response was "17 years".

"Well, you will know then that the loser always moans," replied Ronaldo.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

What’s done is done
And what’s won is won
And what’s lost is lost
And gone forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Not guilty will do me. Why fling mud at someone who has already been cleared in a court of law?
You will never get a job in the BOI with that attitude.
All manner of gobshites do well in Bank of Ireland, especially utter gobshites.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:The not so subtle difference between Hope and the two lads is of couse she isnt two lads.
Hope could literally take a dump in the middle of the studio floor live on air and idiots would declare it a triumph for female empowerment.

Love the forced tokenism put upon the TV companies with the female pundits in the same manner as ITV rugby brought forward Maggie Defonzerrelli to state the complete obvious.
Have they been coached to say "No end product in the final third" in the same way as Father Jacks " That would be an ecumenical matter?"
However all of them are preferable to Matthew Upson.

I took the bait too btw.

I love female empowerment p, sometimes I like to lie back and think of the empire.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Tis mostly gobshites who work in banks anyway. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Tis mostly gobshites who work in banks anyway. :D

Agreed without hesitation, it’s just I’ve a couple of extremely good mates who are very decent individuals who still work in it. As you say, mostly gobshites, but not exclusively. The high heedjins however are utter shameless scumbags, probably all psychopaths, certainly not the sort ofbastard you would break bread with.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Two great games in prospect today.
One thing I'm hoping for is Neymar packing his bags.
Sticking my neck out I'm saying it's going to be all European semi finalists.

Brazil look beatable and Belgium could do it if they click.
France might have just too much for Uruguay but unfortunate that the two best teams so far would meet at this point.

Croatia too good for Russia but home advantage can't be underestimated.
Russia can't get away with playing for penalties again surely.

All hard calls but the one that should be easiest to call is England v Sweden.
England's so called tournament underdogs if you look at adding up the current market valuation of their players would completely dwarf that of Sweden's.
Probably Harry Kane alone would.
I know it's not all about that but come on it should be a no contest but England will make hard work out of a victory.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neymar has spent 14 mimutes of this world cup on the ground (during play). I hope that he cuts this bollix out and just concentrates on his own game. I know he gets fouled a fair bit but he could light things up for Brazil. Belguim have all weapons to hurt Brazil but vice versa. Belgium's back three system looked vulberable vs Japan. Looking forward to it and hoping for an end to end contest.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

England won't win in Russia, #novochuck
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

France went through in strangely pedestrian fashion.
Expected more fight from Uruguay but they didn't seem convinced they could do it without Carvani.
Tale of two keepers.
One produces at worldly to keep it at 1-0, the other a howler that killed the game.