A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Kofi Annan »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:I would bet on Mary Lou McDonald being promoted up from deputy.
Yes. She is kind of the acceptable face of SF down here. The only question is what would the Nords think of a middle class Dub taking over.
No she is fúcking not
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQY2CHx4d3U

Well Russ the remain club is a minority in the UK but you will be ok. The Establishment will fudge it so much that We will in effect remain.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:I would bet on Mary Lou McDonald being promoted up from deputy.
Yes. She is kind of the acceptable face of SF down here. The only question is what would the Nords think of a middle class Dub taking over.
No she is fúcking not
Rather funny though having a privately educated Dub who only has very basic knowledge of Irish not good enough to speak it in public as boss of the Shinners
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

namron wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQY2CHx4d3U

Well Russ the remain club is a minority in the UK but you will be ok. The Establishment will fudge it so much that We will in effect remain.
Suggest you google democracy. It's not what you think it is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

The Brexit club is also a Minority namron - albeit a slightly larger minority at the time the vote went through.

I'm not convinced that leave would win again if the vote were rerun today now that it is obvious that the campaign for leaving the EU had no real vision of what leaving would entail and what our new relationship with the world, post-brexit, would be.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:

The Brexit club is also a Minority namron - albeit a slightly larger minority at the time the vote went through.

I'm not convinced that leave would win again if the vote were rerun today now that it is obvious that the campaign for leaving the EU had no real vision of what leaving would entail and what our new relationship with the world, post-brexit, would be.
They had several thousand such visions, many of them mutually exclusive, but, it seems we are yet to find any that are actually achievable.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

R/ukpolitics like to repost Brexiter quotes from before the referendum and the election and prove the utter nonsense they spouted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

They had several thousand such visions, many of them mutually exclusive, but, it seems we are yet to find any that are actually achievable.
I fear that what we will end up with will be the worst of both positions. As it is our largest trading partner we will still have to meet most of the evil EU's trade rules and specifications for anything we wish to export there, but as a non-member we will no longer have the opportunity to influence them (I assume all but the most dim-witted are aware that many of the industry experts who defined the European standards and specifications came from UK universities and UK industries - so they were as much our standards as the EU's. Surely you didn't really believe that unelected bureaucrats made the stuff up themselves and that it passed into law without being voted on by our MEPs). We will also potentially have tariffs to pay to get those exports to market.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote: No she is fúcking not
Well not to everyone of course. However she is more palatable for some people who may consider voting SF post Gerry.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

She is a RA bint
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:Rather funny though having a privately educated Dub who only has very basic knowledge of Irish not good enough to speak it in public as boss of the Shinners
Most people couldn't give a ballix if someone can speak Irish or not. Indeed most here can't speak it anyway so would prefer not to have to listen to a politician spouting on and not bring able to understand them. Some hard core of course will whinge about it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:She is a RA bint
Nah. She's worse than that. She started in Fianna Fail.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:She is a RA bint
Is she on the army council though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Rather funny though having a privately educated Dub who only has very basic knowledge of Irish not good enough to speak it in public as boss of the Shinners
Most people couldn't give a ballix if someone can speak Irish or not. Indeed most here can't speak it anyway so would prefer not to have to listen to a politician spouting on and not bring able to understand them. Some hard core of course will whinge about it.
Big thing up here though is the Irish Language, no self respecting Shinner would be caught not speaking Irish with a daft sounding Belfast accent
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

I fear that what we will end up with will be the worst of both positions. As it is our largest trading partner we will still have to meet most of the evil EU's trade rules and specifications for anything we wish to export there, but as a non-member we will no longer have the opportunity to influence them (I assume all but the most dim-witted are aware that many of the industry experts who defined the European standards and specifications came from UK universities and UK industries - so they were as much our standards as the EU's. Surely you didn't really believe that unelected bureaucrats made the stuff up themselves and that it passed into law without being voted on by our MEPs). We will also potentially have tariffs to pay to get those exports to market.
But it is the will of the people, so that makes it ok.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk