Mark Anscombe?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mark Anscombe?

Post by ColinM »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote: but I fear I might start a rant on poor back row play again and get shot at for daring to say not good enough at the breakdown.
Fleg, anyone who thinks our breakdown performance has been good enough for the last few weeks is a blithering idiot. In fairness, Robbie is the only player not totally out of his depth at this level and he isn’t a battering ram kind of player so there is the reason, but irrespective of the cause, it has been shockingly poor.

We know Robbie isn't the player to take these games by the scruff of the neck and drag them along in his direction, which given his Ireland call up this week just highlights the plight of the National back row cupboard as well
kylemalco
Novice

Post by kylemalco »

Pienaar was throwing the ball all over the place in the first half it was low high then on the ground and was hoping Marshall would be on at half time.

Diack may not be a whirlwind and he was out for a while but he has been pretty consistant
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

My main worry is he has been consistantly outplayed by his opposite number in at least the last 2 games ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Never trust a man with a beard or wears his watch on his right wrist, fact
IN my former life I always worked to the credo "Never trust a christian would tells you his faith prevents him pledging security for his borrowings" - I often found it actually meant, "I'm an undischarged bankrupt without a pot to pish in". I routinely suggested that undoubtedly given their deep faith, doubtless the Lord would provide. Strangely not many appeared comforted by that, which I found curious, given their apparent faith.

As for facial hair, despite having had a hirsute bake a couple of times in recent years, I have always scorned beards as "the last refuge for the ugly", however I don't find it necessary to distrust all beardies.

I always find it hard to trust a person who is a teetotaller by choice rather than medical necessity.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I'd find it hard to say some of this stuff to BBJ
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

No Baggy, the last refuge of the ugly is a cartoon from the hirsute. Someone asked me to capture what I thought you might look like so I scratched my beard and gave it some thought ...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.76 KiB) Viewed 907 times
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Our very own caped crusader...ULSTERMAN!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
thegreenlantern
Novice

Post by thegreenlantern »

Sack him now and bring back McLaughlin.

Might seem harsh but our season is going down the feckin pan here an we need tae stop the rot.

Next level me ar$e!
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

thegreenlantern wrote:Sack him now and bring back McLaughlin.

Might seem harsh but our season is going down the feckin pan here an we need tae stop the rot.

Next level me ar$e!
Tw@t
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

nonplussed wrote:

Next level me ar$e!
Tw@t
I thought some of my posts were bad... Idiot.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Me or him?
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Although recent results are disappointing lets remind ourselves,
1) We are still in with a good chance of a Pro12 home semi
2) We are in the Heiny QF
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Next level me ar$e!
Oh.My.Word. There's always one isn't there?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

nonplussed wrote:Me or him?
Him.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Just a bit of perspective here - if Leinster beat Glasgow 4-0 on league points, then we win next week (as unlikely as it seems) we are back in pole position to finish top. Sarries still don't strike me as a brilliant side and I feel we can still beat them, but only if we improve obviously.

I'll admit my faith in Anscombe is wavering slightly and in a knee jerk reaction I questioned his appointment last night, but I'm over that - purely a knee jerk. This season isn't over yet. Still got a minimum of five games left to turn it all around, hopefully more.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.