Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Post by Snipe Watson »

In the time of greatest need......

UR under Kiss seems to be driven by stats.
Stats will tell you that Sean Reidy is our top tackler, but my question is how many collisions does he win? Not that many to be honest, but he makes so many tackles that he is invaluable to the team. I like Reidy, he's a grafter and always gives 100%, but in the tackle he's lightweight.
I can see Ferris' point. with the two South Africans out we don't have enough bosh around the collision area. If ball carriers are not stopped dead in their tracks, they can offload with ease.
We don't even pose the threat of such rib-rearranging violence, so the opposition feel liberated to run at us with out fear of being smashed.

Anyway, compliments of the season to one and all.
Les Kiss out!!

I may or may not be back as this season like others looks shot to pieces. >seeya
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Bout ye and mandatory greetings sir, nice to see you again
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:In the time of greatest need......

Stats will tell you that Sean Reidy is our top tackler, but my question is how many collisions does he win? Not that many to be honest, but he makes so many tackles that he is invaluable to the team. I like Reidy, he's a grafter and always gives 100%, but in the tackle he's lightweight.
I can see Ferris' point. with the two South Africans out we don't have enough bosh around the collision area. If ball carriers are not stopped dead in their tracks, they can offload with ease.
We don't even pose the threat of such rib-rearranging violence, so the opposition feel liberated to run at us with out fear of being smashed.

Les Kiss out!!

I may or may not be back as this season like others looks shot to pieces. >seeya
FOSW

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

justinr73 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Logan, he is the one that chose Kiss, so why should he not be accountable ?

When Hump left Logan was clueless and we ended up with a holy trinity of Clarke, Doak and then Kiss ,LOGAN appointed all three and that was after his world wide search, he is a bullshitter, and has to be held to account,

We have a DOR, a head Coach and an operations manager and a CEO who is great giving speeches, but do we need all that management? No , Logan brought BC in ,as before Hump as DOR done the contracts, and after he left Logan started to fUçk up contracts...lets go for Bryn as CEO an another as Head Coach , end of
Now you are talking my language Kofi. Bryn has not been immune to criticism from some here, but I would happily strip out the layers of bullshitters starting with Logan & Kiss to go together. I have previously given Logan some credit for a few things but how can his position be tenable as we come to the death of a third successive season and the reasonably close attempts at doing something under McGlock & initially Anscombe are simply falling apart & utterly out of the question with the current regime.

Logan has presided over a worsening situation, first Dumb & Dumber undermining each other and now what must be seen as the utter shambles of appointing a DOR without a single notable achievement as a coach (anyone citing 2009 GS can lick my beg, just a small part in a very efficient well-coached regime)

Bryn has a lot of credit with most fans, he appears a smart guy & he is well placed to be a bigger asset on the professional side IF he was in a position to call the shots.

I refuse to believe he considers Kiss tenable, even without going into issues of coaching competence, the man is unable to communicate. The only thing I have been clear on with Kiss is that nothing is his fault. Last night the guys didn't stick with "the plan". The only plan I say was a wing - at fullback - & a prayer. Send out a team with very few in their best positions and, albeit there were injuries, go inexcusably weak to a capable team who were never going to be anything but well up for a tussle.

I'm a fan of Ludik but he looked really out of place at 13, of course, Kiss doesn't play Cave at 13. Was McCloskey really too overplayed to risk? He has played 4 games since the start of November & yes he will be wanted for the next 4 games.

Even including Admirable Nelson, who had a mare, would: Ludik, Stockdale, Cave, McCluskey, Gilroy, Nelson, Cooney have looked an accident waiting to happen like the one Kiss picked.

In my view, in times when you are decimated in the squad with only 2 of your best 8 players, you either risk overplaying someone or you basically concede defeat.

Callum Black, the only LH who has not looked grim this season, will like McCloskey presumably be looked to for the next 4 games, but again since the start of November had 3 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Give me Bryn & Jono and get somebody in who can actually coach defence in Jono wants someone.

FOLK FOSL

Ulster are very clearly going backwards, rudderless and seemingly without a clue at the important levels as to what is needed.
Any sense in playing GLU at 12 when Big Stu a rest?
Worth a lash... Ffs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I agree wholeheartedly with your Snipe. Our defense is so static. We play like we have 15 heavy hitters able to stand back and individually smash the opposition when they come at us. We should be employing a quick linespeed and two players in the tackle like Paul Gustard uses with England. One goes low and one high. Reidy could tackle low all day long. The ball carrier is stopped with the player going low and the second player prevents the offload and can compete for the ball. That's the idea.

The linespeed is key. You have to be able to smother them as soon as they play the ball from the ruck.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Mulligan is blaming on bad luck, due to Cave getting his 200th Cap, and I thought he was a serious journalist.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Baggy do u want a t-shirt..
Only if it's like this Cockers >EW
FOLK.jpg
Bound to be a best seller. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I have created a more simpler less expensive version.. if I had flegs ability to cut and paste the image I would... only £7.00
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

LESS KISS!!

100 per cent less!
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42469741

1F Feels the supporters should listen to this, all okay then Stevie, guess who has had his wings clipped.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The best player of a generation treated like shiit by the only club he played for because he was speaking the truth.

FOUR
FROLK
FOSL
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42469741

1F Feels the supporters should listen to this, all okay then Stevie, guess who has had his wings clipped.
We need a Free the Fez movement
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:

We need a Free the Fez movement
Reminds me of Disney

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

That would be fine and dandy Les if it was a one off, but it's a pattern, not a pattern that's starting to develop, but a fully fledged, sure as night follows day, card carrying pattern of not nearly bloody good enough.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:In the time of greatest need......

Les Kiss out!!

Spectacular comeback Snipe. Glad to see you adding to your total, there can be no doubt that Ulster needs brutal honesty right now, your large type comment is apposite.

We are plumbing the depths, if we win one of the next 4 games I shall be pleasantly surprised, then we have games that this season could be tricky, Cardiff away, Glasgow home & Embra home & away, most of the gimmes out of the way, though 5 matches from now we have Kings at home & a chance for nobody other than bakebookers to glean some hope for what lies ahead.

Compliments of the season my friend, don't be a stranger, ya hear? :thumleft:

FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

The lovely and beautiful Mrs 222 ( who has represented her country ) said it is obvious the players aren’t playing for the coach anymore.

Happy Christmas to one and all. Let’s enjoy the last half of our seasons tickets because by fûck I’ll not be back next year.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND