Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Injury Update

Post by Russ »

What debate?

Easterby Out
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What about Scholes? Sexton should be back in two months, and if not, it'll be Jackson with Madigan on the bench, no matter what the Southern press say. :stir:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

There is essentially no argument to the contrary, assuming Jacko proves his own fitness in the interim. Schmidt himself has decreed the GP to be the heir apparent, so until further notice there is no debate.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Mads is the poster boy of the new training kit however.

Looks like a total Madigan in the picture

Tosser extraordinaire

Easterby Out
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I like Russ's use of Madigan as a profanity. Make it so, Mods! ;-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Look even the one eyes floating on the babbling horlix know Madigan's limitations as a10 but if Marshall ,Olding or D'Arcy are selected at 12 expect him on the bench.
Personally I rate him at 12 . He has a low centre of gravity and determination which make him effective close to the line.His downside is he has the same inabilities at 12 as 10 bad timing and lack of vision which limits the opportunities for players out side him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

rumncoke wrote:Look even the one eyes floating on the babbling horlix know Madigan's limitations as a10 but if Marshall ,Olding or D'Arcy are selected at 12 expect him on the bench.
Personally I rate him at 12 . He has a low centre of gravity and determination which make him effective close to the line.His downside is he has the same inabilities at 12 as 10 bad timing and lack of vision which limits the opportunities for players out side him

Personally, I resent the fact that Madigan and Jackson are constantly compared to each other as 'Ireland's two young prospects at out half."

Madigan is 3 years older than Jackson. At 25 he is unlikely to improve much more than he has and he is not that good. He isn't dreadful but he is Jimmy Gopperth's understudy FFS.

Jackson is already better and, at 22, is likely to improve further.

They both have sh*t hair but Jackson has the good grace to not give a f*ck.

It's pretty bloody simple really.
firebell53
Novice

Post by firebell53 »

:red: Henderson will be having an operation to correct a hip problem(not an injury). The nature of the surgery/condition in all probability will mean that he might not be playing until the new year. A big loss to Ulster and Ireland. :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Feck
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Injury Update

Post by BuckRogers »

That is extremely bad news for Ulster, Ireland and Henderson himself. With Ferris' retirement I would have had high hopes of Henderson having a good crack at 6 this season but we are now, once again, worryingly light in the backrow beyond Chad, Wilson, Diack and Williams.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BuckRogers wrote:That is extremely bad news for Ulster, Ireland and Henderson himself. With Ferris' retirement I would have had high hopes of Henderson having a good crack at 6 this season but we are now, once again, worryingly light in the backrow beyond Chad, Wilson, Diack and Williams.
Yeah Buck he is an extremely valuable player and in an area that we cannot afford to ship any injuries.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

BuckRogers wrote:That is extremely bad news for Ulster, Ireland and Henderson himself. With Ferris' retirement I would have had high hopes of Henderson having a good crack at 6 this season but we are now, once again, worryingly light in the backrow beyond Chad, Wilson, Diack and Williams.
Those four will need some protection. The squad players need to step up. Next week is the perfect time to start.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

If we were Leinster we'd be given special dispensation to sign someone.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Jackie Brown wrote:If we were Leinster we'd be given special dispensation to sign someone.
I wouldn't rule it out, we are now officially desperately short on quality in the backrow.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

firebell53 wrote::red: Henderson will be having an operation to correct a hip problem([h]not an injury[/b]). The nature of the surgery/condition in all probability will mean that he might not be playing until the new year.
I don't like the sound of that. Urgent surgery, not injury related ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk