Heineken Semi finals

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

MattMo
Initiate

Re: Heineken Semi finals

Post by MattMo »

Madigan and Gopperth have both been shocking all game. Leinster have a defence and nothing more this year

MattMo
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So slide tackles are allowed?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

MattMo wrote:Madigan and Gopperth have both been shocking all game. Leinster have a defence and nothing more this year

MattMo
Leinsters defence has been their problem all season MattMo
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shame.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Comiserations Leinster.

No way can fat Matt send that team to Belfast after that game.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Yip, would have loved to see them win, but in this case the cloud has a silver lining.
If they lose on Friday, their season is over. Do they send the knackered firsts or the seconds? Either way, we really should be looking at a straightforward victory. If we can't beat this Leinster team five days after 100 minutes in that pressure cooker absorbing that much pressure, we are pants.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

MattMo wrote:Madigan and Gopperth have both been shocking all game. Leinster have a defence and nothing more this year

MattMo
Yes. The pack fronted up very well. But they don't have the attacking talent in the backs to win games like that any more, and no leadership behind the scrum.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Nobody in Dublin gave the team a chance so I for one would be proud of the effort. We refused to play any rugby and kept them under control for a long long time. Leinster were excellent in scrum and line out.

To be honest I don't think Leinster will give a toss about Friday.
I imagine they will play the seconds against you. Season is over. Time to put the internationals into cotton wool.

Big question: did MOC do enough today to stave off summary execution? I would argue he did but the fan base who are needed to buy season tickets will be very fickle and want a head.

Best of luck to Ulster in the playoffs.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

A real pity but fair play to Leinster for getting as close as they did.

I just hope now that Clermont win the final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Dublin4 wrote:Nobody in Dublin gave the team a chance so I for one would be proud of the effort. We refused to play any rugby and kept them under control for a long long time. Leinster were excellent in scrum and line out.

To be honest I don't think Leinster will give a toss about Friday.
I imagine they will play the seconds against you. Season is over. Time to put the internationals into cotton wool.

Big question: did MOC do enough today to stave off summary execution? I would argue he did but the fan base who are needed to buy season tickets will be very fickle and want a head.

Best of luck to Ulster in the playoffs.
Bad luck. Sexton will make an enormous difference when he comes back. Decision-making and composure were the difference in the end.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Snipe Watson wrote:Yip, would have loved to see them win, but in this case the cloud has a silver lining.
If they lose on Friday, their season is over. Do they send the knackered firsts or the seconds? Either way, we really should be looking at a straightforward victory. If we can't beat this Leinster team five days after 100 minutes in that pressure cooker absorbing that much pressure, we are pants.
Both the first and second choice front rows put a real shift in. Not sure who we will see in their pack on Friday.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Snipe Watson wrote:Yip, would have loved to see them win, but in this case the cloud has a silver lining.
Snipe, I'll reckon we'll be pants :duck:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Battle hardened and full of intensity and hurt is another way of looking at it. Anyway, that's for another thread because against all the odds they took it to Toulon and only just came up short.
There is always that.
I wouldn't slate Quiff for the intercept pass. Habana took it superbly the game that had been a prosaic affair up to that point. Leinster weren't offering a whole lot going forward and he tried to make something happen.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Nobody in Dublin gave the team a chance so I for one would be proud of the effort.
Not a big fan as you know, but I feel very sorry for them & you are right to be proud of them, one dodgy pass killed it.

I hope we have the decency to warmly applaud whoever runs out in blue on Friday.

Despite all the apparent advantages, I will not be taking anything for granted on Friday & reckon we will have to win it and not expect them to lose it.

Sorry for you loss D4. >appl >appl >appl >appl >appl
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:A real pity but fair play to Leinster for getting as close as they did.

I just hope now that Clermont win the final.
Absolutely, I was devasted when they blew the final in the Aviva, I like Clermont, I hate Toulon, the Sarries of France but with better players ................................ and real money even if it is from a cartoonist.

G'wan Les Blues et Jaunes :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: