Montferrand vs UAB Round 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Montferrand vs UAB Round 2

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:Don't get this time off for remorse thing. Who is seriously gonna turn up at a hearing and say "Yeah I gouged him, I loved it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat."
Pleaded not guilty too ...
What was he remorseful for then? You couldn't make this brad pitt up. Did the epcr release a statement saying we were shat upon?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rémy63
Novice

Post by Rémy63 »

Dave wrote: What was he remorseful for then? You couldn't make this brad pitt up. Did the epcr release a statement saying we were shat upon?
Well, it was not intentional, but he did make contact with Marshall's eyes, exactly the same for Best just one week ago... So Falgoux apalogized because he did something wrong but he plaided not guilty because he didn't intended to do it.

The fact is that in one case, the commissionner said it deserves a red card, but in the other case, he said no, which is unfair.

That's all.

You can't say that there was nothing on Zirakashvili :

"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rémy63 wrote:
Dave wrote: What was he remorseful for then? You couldn't make this brad pitt up. Did the epcr release a statement saying we were shat upon?
Well, it was not intentional, but he did make contact with Marshall's eyes, exactly the same for Best just one week ago... So Falgoux apalogized because he did something wrong but he plaided not guilty because he didn't intended to do it.

The fact is that in one case, the commissionner said it deserves a red card, but in the other case, he said no, which is unfair.

That's all.

Remy, my comment was in relation to the epcr releasing a statement indicating that wasps were hard done by. I honestly haven't seen either incident, involving Best or Zirakashvili. If you have a video clip, I can review and give you my decision if that helps.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Dave wrote:
Rémy63 wrote:

That's all.

Remy, my comment was in relation to the epcr releasing a statement indicating that wasps were hard done by. I honestly haven't seen either incident, involving Best or Zirakashvili. If you have a video clip, I can review and give you my decision if that helps.
Remy is talking through his hoop about the Best incident.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rémy63 wrote:

That's all.

Remy is talking through his hoop about the Best incident.
Best had as much of a case to answer as their prop IMO

Both appeared to be accidental contact with the eye

Neither were Ashton on Marshall
Rémy63
Novice

Post by Rémy63 »

My bad.

And agreed both accidentel. But two different decisions at the end.
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

FFS that black eye didn't come from Rory's contact :roll:
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Eggs wrote:FFS that black eye didn't come from Rory's contact :roll:
The damage was done by a flailing arm of a Clermont player.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Just watched the second half. We are still brill.

What was wrong with PJs third conversion?

Should have had a pen try.

Ah You is brill.
What was wrong with Ludiks catch off their penalty?

Corrupt touch judges ...
Absolutely nothing wrong with it and I couldn't understand at the time why it wasn't challenged. It was the difference between their lineout in our 22 and our ruck in their half.

That is exactly the point, I hope someone has told Paddy , if that ever happens again, turn and appeal to the ref, no way can he reasonably refuse to check it.

Ah, sorry I see you were talking about Louis's fair catch, again, Ulster needed to be stronger and kick up a row with the ref. That was just such a ridiculous call, he was well in the field of play. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As for the contact with eyes, I know Rory's was accidental, I can see no evidence in any video that I've seen that the Clermont prop was anything other than accidental. I'm quite shock ha has received that suspension unless thee is a very clear video I haven't seen.

Given the lack of any intention from what I've seen compared to Hartley, how can he get a stiffer penalty than that thug whose action was absolutely deliberate.

Of course, I have for a very long time believed that France & French players have for decades got the wrong side of decisions, at least partly because of language issues. Of course most refs are now at least "rugby fluent" in French and Italian but that was far from the case for long years.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I'm going to over simplify this for World Rugby, Citing Commissioners and referees, if it's accidental no punishment and if it's deliberate, nail the culprit to the door.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:I'm going to over simplify this for World Rugby, Citing Commissioners and referees, if it's accidental no punishment and if it's deliberate, nail the culprit to the door.
If only proving intent were that easy.