Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by scrum5 »

justinr73 wrote:After 7 wins out of 9 in Conference B, why are so many people on the UAFC getting their knickers in such a twist (especially compared to the 2 wins out of 9 from the Ospreys in Conference A)?
Agreed it's not like we have to play Munster home & away, Leinster away, Connacht away, Scarlets away, Glasgow, Edinburgh home & away etc, we got all our hard games out of the way early...... :roll:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We've struggled both at home and away to put teams away and as Scrum mentioned we've a shed load of much tougher games to play. We are indeed 7 from 9, but the canines in the road know we are saft as shyte and there for the taking. Leinster showed how far away we are from improving and Kiss hasn't a clue how to make us better.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

7of9 is fit

Anyways 7 from 9 when all you've played is dross and had your big games at home is a fecking disgrace

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Please please please ask Kiss why Cairns was told he was going to SAfrica, rocked up with bag packed, only to be told to get off the bus as he wasn't going?
When did Kiss change his mind and decide to take Stewart?
Does he consider this anyway to run a professional club?
Did he apologise to Cairns?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Some of you don't quite get the concept of putting questions to the panel, do you?

(Hint - you can answer that one)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lionel twunt
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Racist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who has the better coverage of games in the panel's opinion, Sky or BT?

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Who has the better coverage of games in the panel's opinion, Sky or BT?

Sky far better camera work than BT
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BT have BOD and Healy
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:BT have BOD and Healy
Given they're banker over the Zurich Premiership they'll need new people for the pro 14

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

tender you cant go asking questions like that... mind you you can't go asking questions like this yet to be honest I would love to hear some answers..

What format did the world wide search to appoint its last DoR (Les Kiss) take? .. who was involved in the selection process, who evaluated the coaches and what system was used? what if any outside consutltants were used in the selection/evaluation process? wouldnt it be intertesting to see where Jonno finished or others like Lancaster, Jones, Henson or even Schmidt.

The reason being that process is what brought us the current situation with Kiss being as we are all reminded not once but twice coming out on top.

So if there is blame then in my honest opinion some of that needs to be levelled at the system and structure of the process that put him in place and those that devised that method.. that process was at best guess a complete change from what went before so yes I would like to hear some questions even if not answered addressing these key issues...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

justinr73 wrote:After 7 wins out of 9 in Conference B, why are so many people on the UAFC getting their knickers in such a twist (especially compared to the 2 wins out of 9 from the Ospreys in Conference A)?
one reason for me on a personal level is I dont give a flying feck about the Ospresys..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:tender you cant go asking questions like that... mind you you can't go asking questions like this yet to be honest I would love to hear some answers..

What format did the world wide search to appoint its last DoR (Les Kiss) take? .. who was involved in the selection process, who evaluated the coaches and what system was used? what if any outside consutltants were used in the selection/evaluation process? wouldnt it be intertesting to see where Jonno finished or others like Lancaster, Jones, Henson or even Schmidt.

The reason being that process is what brought us the current situation with Kiss being as we are all reminded not once but twice coming out on top.

So if there is blame then in my honest opinion some of that needs to be levelled at the system and structure of the process that put him in place and those that devised that method.. that process was at best guess a complete change from what went before so yes I would like to hear some questions even if not answered addressing these key issues...
Why did we pay for it twice? Were we not happy with the outcome of the first?

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:tender you cant go asking questions like that... mind you you can't go asking questions like this yet to be honest I would love to hear some answers..

Why did we pay for it twice? Were we not happy with the outcome of the first?

I think the second was an update if not mistaken and if that is the case presumably UR now keep updated evaluations on coaches or at least did then.. interested if/why the process might have stopped because you never know when you might need that file and better to have than to go looking for every time....unless of course it was yet more BS from the master of BS... but I think it a valid line of questioning including cost because this is the process that has got us to where we are today..