Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by stickinout »

Cockatrice wrote:Can’t figure why many still blame the Scots for all or indeed any of this.... it was us or rather the IRFU that poached McFarland behind the back of his employers and it was the D4 press that broke the story but only after the stupidity of one of our own who got all excited and had to tell anyone that we had signed our HC but couldn’t say who.. maybe if we had asked the SRU first anyway we didn’t.... the Scots are doing what we would demand of Ulster had one of ours been poached..

I'd agree with this... If you want a coach to break his contract, then i don't know how you think you'll get away with it without compensation of some sort. Should've done it the right way, and asked for permission to talk to him. If it wasn't coming, then they should've gone ahead and talked to him anyway. I hope Bryn has learned to keep his spaghetti hole shut and tell the media nathin until deals are done and dusted. I'm hoping that's why we've had a media blackout the past number of weeks... deals being done for a few players.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Can’t figure why many still blame the Scots for all or indeed any of this.... it was us or rather the IRFU that poached McFarland behind the back of his employers and it was the D4 press that broke the story but only after the stupidity of one of our own who got all excited and had to tell anyone that we had signed our HC but couldn’t say who.. maybe if we had asked the SRU first anyway we didn’t.... the Scots are doing what we would demand of Ulster had one of ours been poached..
Went behind their back? This isn't the playground. Man up.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 72161.html

According to Nucifora no one is asking for money. I drew the same conclusion as you though re compensation.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

But Cockers old chum, one of ours was poached, albeit through an elaborate hoax, and we have wished him a very fond farewell, not a single toy thrown by Ulster Rugby.

Now that I am no longer Mr Angry of Bangor, I can see it was the right thing to do. Just let him walk, no point whatsoever in having someone tied up contractually when they have no wish to be here.

Only the small minded would hold anyone to the letter of their contract, to quote Nigel Owens, this isn't football, we don't deal in a transfer market, both players and coaches live a perilous life with about as much certainty as a youngster on a zero hours contract. Ask the Ulster players who were gassed to make way for .............. err, well nobody I can think of yet.

Look at that nice Mr Kiss for example, no longer wanted, driven out. Mr Gibbes didn't want to stay, concocted a passel of lies to effect his honourable discharge. Two sides of the same coin ............ unless you are dealing with the parsimonious SRU.

Now that's nice. :flower:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 72161.html

According to Nucifora no one is asking for money. I drew the same conclusion as you though re compensation.
Only one question 9. Do you trust David Nucifora? I try hard but haven't yet managed it, I have to say, I find him very testing despite my resolve to be a better person. Is it possible to like everyone or should I just try to tolerate the intolerable? All this craic is far from easy. :flower:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

stickinout wrote:

I'd agree with this... If you want a coach to break his contract, then i don't know how you think you'll get away with it without compensation of some sort. Should've done it the right way, and asked for permission to talk to him. If it wasn't coming, then they should've gone ahead and talked to him anyway. I hope Bryn has learned to keep his spaghetti hole shut and tell the media nathin until deals are done and dusted. I'm hoping that's why we've had a media blackout the past number of weeks... deals being done for a few players.
There is a time I'd have chastised you for certain ............inconsistencies........ therein, but now I just have to have had the chance to read your opinion without feeling the burden I once did.

Err...thanks. :flower:

I'd be truly happy, maybe even a little excited if your last line came to fruition but I'm not holding my breath, I expect a very quiet summer. All deals likely to have been done will have been by now and nobody worth much will be moving prior to RWC 2019 in case their union gasses them. :flower:
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

On the plus side we aren't getting anyone from Munster.

On the minus side even Madigan is deemed too expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

kingofthehill wrote:
Deraless wrote:Soda Farrell to fill in till Dan arrives according to Irish Times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Times are wrong.

Easterby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confirmed

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FIRFU report he is providing 'coaching support'. That sounds very vague. Who will be picking the team/deciding on strategy/identifying potential signings etc.?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Dave wrote:FIRFU report he is providing 'coaching support'. That sounds very vague. Who will be picking the team/deciding on strategy/identifying potential signings etc.?
Don't worry!

That will all be taken care of, in a new weekly competition open to all season ticket holders...
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:FIRFU report he is providing 'coaching support'. That sounds very vague. Who will be picking the team/deciding on strategy/identifying potential signings etc.?
Peel not say that all the stuff (game plan etc) had been sent to him by McFarland?

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:
Peel not say that all the stuff (game plan etc) had been sent to him by McFarland?

That is shocking. So he just sends an email to a man with two years coaching experience?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ulster Press Release - "Due to the highly acclaimed results seen in the latter part of last season when Charlie blazed a trail of phoning in all of his appearances, UR would like to sell naming rights to their new pioneering art of Skype Coaching ... years ahead of it's time ... honest - now buy some Season Tickets .... please"
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Dave wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

That is shocking. So he just sends an email to a man with two years coaching experience?
Well that's an order of magnitude better than having Kiss phuquing up the team for three years. There is stuff floating in Belfast Lough that would make a better coach than Kiss. Let's give Peel a chance. Imagine how dreadful it must have been for those guys - who know more about rugby than Kiss ever imagined - watching in horror at the sheer stupidity of Loser Shytforbrains Les .Peel was a fine player.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

What more can D4 do for us?

1. International prop Moore signed.
2. International prop Ah You resigned.
3. Logan out
4. Paranoid thinking of too many ACL issues being conditioning related also removed / out.
5. New head coach found. Recruited.
6. International class coach of 2nd best team in the world brought in.
7. Irish international back row signed.
8. IQ centre/full back with club captain on his CV signed. Brought into Ireland camp to get him up to speed.
9. Need one
10. Need a 10 also.

Come on D4.... Keep the aces coming.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18