Heineken Semi finals

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Heineken Semi finals

Post by againstthehead »

passes out the handbags....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:passes out the handbags....
against10.jpg
against10.jpg (87.32 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ANOTHER REASON TO HATE SARACENS - THEIR COACH
Mark McCall has slammed Ulster for upping the market rate with their recent signing of All Blacks winger Charles Piatau.

The former Ulster coach wants to improve his Saracens side after they again failed to reach the final of the European Champions Cup, but said he would not be signing a high-profile marquee player whose wages are exempt from the salary cap.

"I'm a great believer that people should get what they deserve, even within our own group. But it's getting more difficult when some clubs splash big on someone who probably doesn't deserve that kind of salary," said McCall, Saracens director of rugby.

"We know where we'd like to improve and we're prepared to wait for the right person. We don't just want to get 'a name' because he's available post-World Cup. It's got to be someone with the right kind of ambition and hunger."
It's none of his business and he has a neck on him given it is widely known his plastic club are in all probability the greatest offenders of breaking the salary cap imposed upon them.

I hate Saracens. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lol Sorries obsession with Ulster continue
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Mark McCall wrote:
"I'm a great believer that people should get what they deserve,
Well he should be pretty happy with the result of the match at the weekend so. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
widerball
Novice

Post by widerball »

Anything further on:

Toulon Jocelino Suta who wrapped his arm round Richardt Strauss’ neck.

Saracens' winger Chris Ashton's try saving tackle.
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

widerball wrote:Anything further on:

Toulon Jocelino Suta who wrapped his arm round Richardt Strauss’ neck.

Saracens' winger Chris Ashton's try saving tackle.
Lol of course not
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Mark McCall wrote:
"I'm a great believer that people should get what they deserve,
Well he should be pretty happy with the result of the match at the weekend so. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Just so.

Aye, he is a nice guy is our Mark but he should mind his own, given Sorrys circumstances of spending fortunes they haven't got.

Also a bit naff of a coach to effectively say, your signing is a waste of money. Time will tell on that, certainl if the reaction in NZRU circles is an indicator he is a cracker, and I saw your guy on Saturday morning & he looked pretty tasty too. Sure he'll be grand, with a big tornip head on him >THUH
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

That's poor form from McCall.

People in glasshouses and all that.

As Russ said, they are £40M in the red for a reason. That reason is NOT high admin staff costs.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Wee Woman wrote:That's poor form from McCall.

People in glasshouses and all that.

As Russ said, they are £40M in the red for a reason. That reason is NOT high admin staff costs.
If they started charging £1 for away semi-final tickets instead of giving them away buck shee that would be £250 recouped already.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Russ wrote:Lol Sorries obsession with Ulster continue
as does ours with Sorries ..... :duck:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle >fiddle >fiddle >fiddle >fiddle >fiddle >fiddle
Organisers fear there may be 40,000 empty seats when Clermont Auvergne and Toulon contest the European Champions Cup final at Twickenham on Saturday week. The 82,000-capacity stadium is set to be half empty for the first final since the old Heineken Cup was mothballed last year.

Despite the presence of two French clubs, it is understood no more than 8,000 supporters are planning to travel to London for the final. The defending champions, Toulon, have already returned 40% of their ticket allocation and Clermont have been allocated only 5,000 tickets. To date barely 30,000 tickets have been sold for the showpiece fixture.

The likely upshot is the smallest crowd for a European final since Toulouse beat Perpignan in front of 28,600 spectators in Dublin in 2003. Over the intervening 12 years the majority of finals have been sellouts, with 81,744 watching Leinster beat Ulster at Twickenham three years ago.

This time the newly formed tournament organisers, European Professional Club Rugby, are expecting the lowest attendance at a major Twickenham final in the professional era. There are plans to offer a number of cut-price deals to clubs and schools while numerous hospitality tickets have also been allocated but individual seats remain available for £38.

Had Saracens and Leinster not lost in the semi-finals the situation would have been less acute but moving the final to the start of May, a mere 13 days after the competing sides were confirmed, has been another contributory factor.

The French clubs insisted on shifting the date from the end of May because they did not want to disrupt the latter stages of their Top 14 championship and Premiership Rugby were happy to accommodate their wishes.

It was also not impossible to predict that Clermont and Toulon, who are now going for a hat-trick of European titles, might be leading contenders to make the final.

The two heavyweights could face each other three times in six weeks as they are scheduled to meet in the Top 14 next month and are favourites to contest the French championship final in Paris on 13 June.

The easiest solution – to stage the final in France – may well come to pass next year, with French club officials having already lodged a bid to host the 2016 final in Marseille.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Feck em
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Awaits the press release from PRL