B & I Cup 16/17

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: B & I Cup 16/17

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
RuPi wrote:Trenier is injured as well so may have to go to sub academy loose head Anton Lupari. Academy tight head Peter Cooper had been injured so I presume they hope he is fit and if not they may have to go to Ballymena for a prop as all the other senior clubs have AIL fixtures.
So should clubs be allowed to take precedence over Ulster?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Amateur clubs can't hold them back.
Maybe Leinster can help us out

Angus Lloyd has been added to Munster's SDC squad.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Russ wrote:
RuPi wrote:Trenier is injured as well so may have to go to sub academy loose head Anton Lupari. Academy tight head Peter Cooper had been injured so I presume they hope he is fit and if not they may have to go to Ballymena for a prop as all the other senior clubs have AIL fixtures.

Obviously up to the individual club player and their club, some players may wish to play for the Ravens whilst some may not and would prefer to play for their club.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

RuPi wrote:
Russ wrote:

Obviously up to the individual club player and their club, some players may wish to play for the Ravens whilst some may not and would prefer to play for their club.
So it appears

Wonder can Leinster help us out

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Give us a name Russ. If it turns out to be true. Pip will empty your bins every week for life.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I notice Lyttle's shoulder popped out during the match last Friday... from my understanding this is the umpteenth time this same shoulder has popped yet the guy is hardly a seasoned player..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Give us a name Russ. If it turns out to be true. Pip will empty your bins every week for life.
Oisin

tomthepom
Novice

Post by tomthepom »

We're looking forward to the game here in Jersey! For match preview, see

http://www.jerseyreds.je/news/2016-17/r ... peter.aspx

Someone asked about how Munster 'A' slot into the seedings - this is done on a pro-rata basis so they're awarded the same points for the two games scratched (due to London Welsh dropping out) as from the four games played = 19/20 = 95%. So effectively they'd have 28.5 points

It's not 100% clear whether QF draw is 1v8 2v7 etc or drawn from two pots (home+away). Last year they went with the 1v8 2v7 but then tweaked it because Leinster 'A' would have played Moseley, when the clubs had already met twice in the pool.

Had one Ulster supporter who's coming over in touch today - any others?!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

tomthepom wrote:We're looking forward to the game here in Jersey! For match preview, see

http://www.jerseyreds.je/news/2016-17/r ... peter.aspx

Someone asked about how Munster 'A' slot into the seedings - this is done on a pro-rata basis so they're awarded the same points for the two games scratched (due to London Welsh dropping out) as from the four games played = 19/20 = 95%. So effectively they'd have 28.5 points

It's not 100% clear whether QF draw is 1v8 2v7 etc or drawn from two pots (home+away). Last year they went with the 1v8 2v7 but then tweaked it because Leinster 'A' would have played Moseley, when the clubs had already met twice in the pool.

Had one Ulster supporter who's coming over in touch today - any others?!
Was he wearing a white blazer with red stripes and carrying a massive fleg? Top man.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Give us a name Russ. If it turns out to be true. Pip will empty your bins every week for life.
Oisin

If we're drafting in Heffernan he's not amazing.
tomthepom
Novice

Post by tomthepom »

"Was he wearing a white blazer with red stripes and carrying a massive fleg? Top man."

Difficult to tell from an email! I'll ask for a pic next time, unless he'd think that was a pick-up line!! ;-)
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The various ifs and buts for the A side on Saturday:

As they stand Ulster A sit on top of Pool 1, one point clear of this weekend’s opponents Jersey Reds. If Ulster A wins the game on Saturday they go through with a home quarter-final.

However, should Ulster A lose or draw this British and Irish Cup fixture then a whole raft of other possibilities open up.

If Ulster A finish on 19 points they will still qualify if either Cornish Pirates, Nottingham Rugby or Yorkshire Carnegie lose. Ulster A, however, will have to travel for the quarter-final-final.

If Ulster gets a bonus point of any description and finish on 20 points they will need Yorkshire Carnegie to fail to pick up a bonus point and not improve the points difference between themselves and Ulster A by more than 7 points or either Cornish Pirates or Nottingham Rugby fail to secure a bonus point win. Ulster A will, however, travel for the quarter-final.

If Ulster A get a draw and neither side gets a try bonus point then Ulster A go through as pool leaders on 21 points as one of the top four seeds. They will have secured a home quarter-final. If Jersey Reds secure a try bonus point in a draw they will go through as pool winners and Ulster will face an away quarter-final.

If Ulster draws and gets a try bonus point, to give them 22 points, they will go through as Pool winners and will secure a home quarter-final.

The key fixtures.

All of the British and Irish Cup fixtures kick off at 2:00 pm on Saturday 21st, the key fixtures are as follows.

Pool 1: Jersey Reds v Ulster A

Pool 3: Cornish Pirates v Connacht Eagles

Pool 4: Scarlets Premier Select v Nottingham Rugby

Pool 5: Yorkshire Carnegie v Ealing Trailfinders.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Feck me, Colin Patterson still in the academy?- he's been I there longer than Donnan..
Exterminate all rational thought
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Feck me, Colin Patterson still in the academy?- he's been I there longer than Donnan..
Callum Patterson? Nah he's not, think he may be on a dev deal though.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jersey Reds squad v Ulster 'A' (H) - British & Irish Cup, Pool 1, Saturday January 20th, St Peter; k-o 2pm

(15-9) Jack Cuthbert George Watkins Jordan Davies Kuki Ma'afu Ross Adair Callum Sheedy Kieran Hardy

(1-8) Sean McCarthy Jack Macfarlane Simon Kerrod Uili Kolo'ofa'i Pierce Phillips (capt) James Freeman James Doyle Nick Haining

Joe Buckle, Jake Woolmore, Jake Armstrong, Dave McKern, Max Argyle; Joel Dudley, Sam Katz.

Ross Adair, Ulster old boy in side.