Heineken Cup Round 6 - The Other Games

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Heineken Cup Round 6 - The Other Games

Post by Bart S »

Firstly, well done to Sarries. a 4 try BP in those conditions was a really good effort. I keep hearing that they're not a tryscoring side, yet managed to beat us due to tries scored. They played the conditions well today and have to say that their handling throughout today and composure in attacking situations were very good. They deserve their home QF.
If they're "one dimensional" as some on here have said, they do that one dimension pretty darn well!

Embra put up a fight today and whilst not good enough, they put bodies on the line throughout. Difference with yesterday is that Sarries took control of the game whereas we let Castres get the upper hand which always kept them interested.

We can certainly beat them if we get them in the QF's although as someone else said, we'll need to get our guys fit again to ahve a chance (especially in the pack), as they look very strong there. Sarries would be slight favourites at home but that would suit us fine.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TMO decision

Clancey - wrong question
TheWonDon
Initiate

Post by TheWonDon »

ruckover wrote:
TheWonDon wrote:
ruckover wrote:Joel Tomkins is on - we're sunk :lol:
How silly do you feel now? Tomkins is a decent player.
I didn't say he was bad, I was simply making reference to the thread about him :roll:
Apologies, I was a bit tetchy after Sarries got that win :duh:
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Would it be insensitive to go onto Babbling Brook and ask if anybody has final tickets for sale?

Too soon maybe?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Would it be insensitive to go onto Babbling Brook and ask if anybody has final tickets for sale?

Too soon maybe?
:shock: :stir:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Would it be insensitive to go onto Babbling Brook and ask if anybody has final tickets for sale?

Too soon maybe?
To a Dub, they probably have them on ebay for 1 Million yoyos already
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

leicester with a morethan handy half-time lead over toulouse 9-0
can't see either team scoring 4 tries in terrible conditions, so get ready to go to england lads.
i'm trying to re-watch our game from yesterday during the breaks and i'm up to 55 minutes and i can't believe how poor we played, and yet we still won. no doubt we can take on sarries and win, but they have as good a lineout as Castres and we'll need that element to be spot on, or we will not progress.
if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Well done to Munster on qualifying as well. Their qualification this year is probably a bit like ours a couple of seasons ago - may well not be one of the top 8 teams in Europe right now but have done what was required to get there.
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

Semi-final draw will be crucial. Home against anyone, I'd fancy it. Away to Clermont, bit trickier to say the least. Amlin draw shaping up to be pretty tasty this year;

Bath v Stade Francais
Gloucester v Biarritz
Perpignan v Toulouse (as it stands)
Wasps v Leinster
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wonder how Leinster will view the Amlin in relation to the Rabo in terms of priorities.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Bauxis having a mare at Welford Road.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Can see Leinster just not bothering after their HEC sucess lately it will feel quite hollow, and they still havent won the Rabo so they could think this is their year
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

interlooter wrote:leicester with a morethan handy half-time lead over toulouse 9-0
can't see either team scoring 4 tries in terrible conditions, so get ready to go to england lads.
i'm trying to re-watch our game from yesterday during the breaks and i'm up to 55 minutes and i can't believe how poor we played, and yet we still won. no doubt we can take on sarries and win, but they have as good a lineout as Castres and we'll need that element to be spot on, or we will not progress.
Line out will be fine once Tuohy and muller are back, but you knew that already Inter. I'd just like to see us cut out the mistakes and errors that gives the opposition a leg up every time.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

9 - 5 now at Welford Rd, didn't see who scored but 20 minutes left and looking like being a low scoring match now. Looks even colder and miserable than the Sarries match earlier.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:Bauxis having a mare at Welford Road.
He is an absolute disgrace