Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:Portuguese are vastly outnumbered by those from Timor Leste.
Is that a townland in Kilsheeshil?

It's all Portuguese to me.
I don't go to Kilsheeshil
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:Is the SuperMacs at Lurgan closed?
Why?
The podcast trio implied there were none in NI.

And much as we may like to disown Lurgan ...
There's still one on the Andersonstown Road
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:Is the SuperMacs at Lurgan closed?
Why?
The podcast trio implied there were none in NI.

And much as we may like to disown Lurgan ...
There's still one on the Falls
So what we're saying is them boys who devote their lives to following, writing about and discussing Ulster rugby - need to get out more!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Theres a Supermacs in the garage on the A1 Northbound nr Banbridge too. Ulster is coming down with them it seems!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ColinM wrote:Theres a Supermacs in the garage on the A1 Northbound nr Banbridge too. Ulster is coming down with them it seems!
feck off
No supermacs in banbridge
Twunt

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Warren Gatland

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Get one in early for next week.... Can you ask UR who sanctioned Craig Gilroy to ride a race production bike on a motor circuit just after getting his licence and why was he allowed to ride pillion on the back of a racing bike at 136mph.. the rider in question highlighted that he had never taken a passenger on a race bike before around a track.. btw I am not against professional rugby player having a life just asking...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Next week Hendo is going cliff jumping
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Get one in early for next week.... Can you ask UR who sanctioned Craig Gilroy to ride a race production bike on a motor circuit just after getting his licence and why was he allowed to ride pillion on the back of a racing bike at 136mph.. the rider in question highlighted that he had never taken a passenger on a race bike before around a track.. btw I am not against professional rugby player having a life just asking...
Makes a change from Sugar & others playing cricket during the rugby season against UR orders.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Next week Hendo is going cliff jumping
So, this Cliff who plays for Hairyqueens, is he any good? I suppose he won't be after Hendy jumps him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Next week Hendo is going cliff jumping
So, this Cliff who plays for Hairyqueens, is he any good? I suppose he won't be after Hendy jumps him.
Red card for Hendo though. Season over.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:Get one in early for next week.... Can you ask UR who sanctioned Craig Gilroy to ride a race production bike on a motor circuit just after getting his licence and why was he allowed to ride pillion on the back of a racing bike at 136mph.. the rider in question highlighted that he had never taken a passenger on a race bike before around a track.. btw I am not against professional rugby player having a life just asking...
He'll be safe enough as long as Restart doesn't give him a lift home.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Underperformance against the Dragons is just same old. Poorly coached & possibly poorly motivated team playing a poor Dragon's team whom we made look much better than they are. Forwards too weak.

I'm afraid I won't be listening to next podcast as I feel I can anticipate what you guys will say. So podcast is likely to be same old for 50+ mins.

Another fiasco of a season next year already embedded.

As it appears you guys feel unable to bring yourselves to objectively criticise professional coaches & players on the basis you have never experienced the difficulties of doing a professional rugby job, the commentary is rather bland. Perhaps the answer is to ask better questions asked at media sessions etc and getting insight from unattributable feedback from players.

Your public comments, I would suggest, should better inform us & contribute (albeit very indirectly) to calling out Ulster's downward spiral having previously treaded water with a few better players.

By your journalism you can help to influence beneficial change. Ulster management & stakeholders must react through action to mounting criticism. Please do so through insightful, fair, fact-finding journalism.

Why not consider bringing someone with past profession experience to participate in podcast.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Can I ask whether undertaking the recording on what presumably appears to be UR premises is in anyway impacting on being too hard edged for some... Again just a suggestion but what about recording a regular 30 second slot from a supporter designed to get their view over..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With Les' position now completely untenable, what will happen if he is never sacked?

Will Ulster rugby exist in two years time?