Cheerleaders ..... ?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ball Boy
Initiate

Re: Cheerleaders ..... ?

Post by Ball Boy »

Bring back them fire jugglers they had on a few seasons back - old bloke in a bowler hat with a flaming skewer in his gob perched on top of another old fella's shoulders. Pure class.

Or the Pathetic Balls on Legs that used to mince around the pitch at HEC matches and regularly fell over on their Hugh Jarces.
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ball Boy wrote:Bring back them fire jugglers they had on a few seasons back - old bloke in a bowler hat with a flaming skewer in his gob perched on top of another old fella's shoulders. Pure class.
I heard ulster got their fingers burnt last time they were here? :paperbag:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
ulstergal09 wrote:Well, if you want to go down that road, yes actually. I was a qualified dancer for four years, performing in shows and competitions throughout Ireland and the UK.. Anything else?
I don't really want to enter this debate [/size]- I was there in time to see the performance (just), but didn't actually watch it as it was of no interest to me, so I cannot comment on the quality or otherwise, and I don't actually care if they do or do not come back - if they want to do it, fine, they do no harm, but if they don't come back, I certainly won't miss them.

What I am intrigued about though is your assertion that you WERE a "qualified dancer" for four years. I can understand a qualified dance teacher, or how you can "train" as a dancer, but am interested in how you qualify as a dancer, and how that qualification is time limited? Purely out of curiosity, you understand - I have no inclination in pursuing such a qualification, and certainly no talent that would allow me to do so even if I wanted to.
but you are going to in the interests of the greater good???????
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

but didn't actually watch it as it was of no interest to me
unlike the kukri all starzz eh eh?...
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fermain wrote:
Nah he didn't watch them just recorded the video :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
widerball
Novice

Post by widerball »

Apparently Cardiff were distracted by them when they took the field!
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote:
Took a video of that for HWM (novelty value), but when you've seen one lot of cheerleaders/dance troupes or whatever they like to call themselves, youve seen them all. I'm bored with this.
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I don't really want to enter this debate
but you are going to in the interests of the greater good???????
Okay, so I've been drawn in :lol:

All I meant was I didn't want to engage in the debate about whether they were good/crap or whether they should become a regular feature/never be allowed back near Ravers - I was just outlining why I frankly don't care one way or the other.

I was just mildly interested in this "qualification" thingy. I know there are dance "schools" and people have competitions, and possibly even attain certain levels of achievement, but I fail to understand how one could be described as a "qualified dancer".

Probably my ignorance, but as one ignorant person once said, what's the point of being ignorant if you can't show that from time to time? I will, however sleep soundly in my bed tonight and forever more if i don't get an answer to this perplexing mystery :|
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

widerball wrote:Apparently Cardiff were distracted by them when they took the field!
Who will be the first to suggest that they'd have been even more distracted if we'd had a flock of sheep on the pitch? ....... Oops, that would be me, would it? - Not that I subscribe to such insulting stereotypes, I hasten to add!
:oops: :lol:
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I think we should all sit back and wait for the chief cheerleader googler to come back with his verdict before we go any further on this thread.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
What I am intrigued about though is your assertion that you WERE a "qualified dancer" for four years. I can understand a qualified dance teacher, or how you can "train" as a dancer, but am interested in how you qualify as a dancer, and how that qualification is time limited? Purely out of curiosity, you understand - I have no inclination in pursuing such a qualification, and certainly no talent that would allow me to do so even if I wanted to.
It's not too late Cap'n - you know you want to.

You can do BTECs, GCSE, A Levels, diplomas and degrees in dance - not just teaching. I don't think these things are time limited like a First-Aid certificate, but to say one IS a qualified dancer, would imply that one continues to do the dancing bit.

I have a cycling proficiency certificate, but would not describe myself as a cyclist, let alone a qualified cyclist.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:I have a cycling proficiency certificate, but would not describe myself as a cyclist, let alone a qualified cyclist.
So you got one the same way I did ....... by pinching someone else's certificate? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Rooster wrote:I think we should all sit back and wait for the chief cheerleader googler to come back with his verdict before we go any further on this thread.
That would require waiting until Monday sometime at the earliest I suspect.

EQUITY may feature in the time limit - membership not renewed - no card - no work.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

God help them!

Off to a bad start when one of the blondes with long hair nearly fell over just simply doing a cartwheel on the entrance. Out of sync with each other for most of the routine but in all fairness, when you are so far rom the PA & with timelag etc in a big Arena it can be difficult!

I was so far away that i couldnt get a good look at them but after a visit to the website i am happy enough with that!

But! They were there and we won with a great performance, so maybe they should come back for another practice!!! :cheers:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cables wrote:EQUITY may feature in the time limit - membership not renewed - no card - no work.
I don't think EQUITY is a requirement for work these days, but even if it is, I do not accept that is a "qualification" - a regulatory or permissory body perhaps, but possesion of an Equity card in my view is not a qualification.

I'm probably a little old fashioned in what I consider a "qualification" is relevant to.
I'm not arguing -
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

aarons wrote:I think the whole thing is disgusting. Cheerleading has nothing to do with rugby, and to be honest I'm embarrassed for the girls involved. what message does the branch think this sends? Never mind anything else, I fail to see how it sells a single extra ticket, apart from the 50 or so people who come to see the dancers themselves because they know them. That's local paper economics and we know the state of local papers...

Have been tempted to write an actual letter of complaint to the branch but of course have not gotten around to it

Maybe instead the branch could do something progressive and helpful to the game like putting women's games on before ulster games held on a Saturday...
No, but seriously.....get over yourself. Not the best advert for rugby in the world - not a crime either.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"