ItV coverage

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ItV coverage

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Not sure I could ever imagine big Caldy getting a gig as a pundit when he finishes playing..... :shock:
Would love to hear his analysis of the break down..."You just close yer eyes, rush in, hope for the best and wait for the whistle looking all confused" :salut:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

This morning following the Canada game "You'll have noticed we've now gone 50 minutes without mentioning England... We're going to correct that right now"

I mean, really?

I'm wiring up the PS3 and looking for decent streams, I can't be arsed listening to this lot any more.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

The coverage is very, very poor so we've resorted to watching matches on RTE as George Hook is marginally easier to stomach. At least with Popey and O'Shea you get something that ITV completely lack in their coverage - objectivity.

I laughed my socks off at Dallagio after the England game with his talk about the England 'gameplan', what a numpty!
I though Inverdale and Guscott were one eyed in their rugby coverage but ITV are something else, something would end up going through our TV if we had to stick with that coverage for the whole tournament.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

More sh1te-inducing, English sycophantism following the Scotland vs Georgia game. I mean, during the coverage of the SCOTLAND game?!

:banghead:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big Lawrence declaring this morning that England would get to the final at least :shock:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

ItV coverage

Post by Rooster »

Has anyone worked out how to get ITV HD on sky or is it totally blocked now in NI, the add channels method seems to have gone down the pan or have they chanced frequency ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

... saw that.. v good. Here is his Franno & Matt Williams pisstake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8o9KyFxppY

He also has Deccie and EOS down to a T (and the stereotypical Ulster fan as well)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:
... saw that.. v good. Here is his Franno & Matt Williams pisstake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8o9KyFxppY

He also has Deccie and EOS down to a T (and the stereotypical Ulster fan as well)
:shock: I thought that was the ITV panel :lol:
Rory Best
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Haha Cooper is class! Love all his work. Especially the Ulster man impersonation.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

the ITV coverage really plumbs the depths - firstly you have a commentator who seems to miss more than he gets, he's always gets confused with penalty and scrum advantage, whoever could have thought it was so difficult! and the panel are just dire, particularly for this match, when it was a 'more-outraged-than-thou' fest.. the fact that I was almost nostalgic for inverdale, guscock and the rent-a-celts says it all!! :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Thank feck for Setanta. Conor Morris is not a bad commentator and Ciaran Fitzgerald is very good in the co-commentator seat. He just says things nice and plainly with no load of drama and shíte that others come out with.

I don't bother with Matt Williams and Neil Francis though. Franno is such a tool and Williams kisses his ass all day.

RTE panel for me with all the lads getting upset with each other and telling everyone else not to interrupt them even though they were all interrupting each other. You need a bit of a laugh at times, especially if the match isn't up to much. I'd say old Georgie would love to give McGurk a slap in the puss.
>TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

deleted
Last edited by fuzzylogic on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary had a little lamb . . .