Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Dragons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Dragons

Post by BR »

Wee Woman wrote: You wanted to try being sat smack bang in the middle of them...... :banghead:

I spent the first half with a hyper 6/7 year old sat in front of me screeching at everything (and getting continually told off by his brother / chaperone) as well getting the back of my seat constantly kicked by the kid sat behind me. When it wasn't being kicked I was getting food dropped in my hair. There weren't many parents there from what I could see.
Sht - if I wanted that, I could stay at home and watch the game on TV. Although if food is being dropped, I could be persuaded to position myself in front of the little darlings.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BR wrote:
Wee Woman wrote: You wanted to try being sat smack bang in the middle of them...... :banghead:

I spent the first half with a hyper 6/7 year old sat in front of me screeching at everything (and getting continually told off by his brother / chaperone) as well getting the back of my seat constantly kicked by the kid sat behind me. When it wasn't being kicked I was getting food dropped in my hair. There weren't many parents there from what I could see.
Sht - if I wanted that, I could stay at home and watch the game on TV. Although if food is being dropped, I could be persuaded to position myself in front of the little darlings.
That had occurred to me BR. I'm all for introducing kids to the game but if that's going to become a regular thing around my regular season ticket seat, I wouldn't be keen on it.

The kids enjoyed themselves though and I quite enjoyed my foray back on to my original spot on the prom, so I'll let it go this time :wink:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Understandable to an extent that they weren't respecting the kicker given the example of recent televised games. There was an awful lot of noise during the kcks in the Ireland Wales game the week before and of course, at Clermont. Then there was the booing of Afoa's tactics. No wonder the ankle biters were a tad confused.

Never taken kicks myself, but would have thought it is much easier to focus in a cacophany of noise than in deadly silence where you'd always be aware of the possibility of some numpty with an air horn as you're about to strike the ball.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Wee Woman wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Spend more money instead of the cheap seats love
It might have escaped your notice Kofi but there were 4 mini teams instead of the usual 2 on Friday night so not all of them could be accommodated in the outer blocks of the old stand :roll: :roll:
It escaped my notice as I was not there, I was in Paris for a hot steamy weekend with a lady friend, surprised your betterhalf(feel for the man) did not take you to Paris for the same. Glad there was not to many tv cameras about or her hubby would be surprised she was not in Newcastle with the girls anyway why did you not scream at them hysterically and threaten them with violence or just ask them or their parent/chaperone to have some manners. Or we're they bigger than you :lol: :lol:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

big mervyn wrote:Understandable to an extent that they weren't respecting the kicker given the example of recent televised games. There was an awful lot of noise during the kcks in the Ireland Wales game the week before and of course, at Clermont. Then there was the booing of Afoa's tactics. No wonder the ankle biters were a tad confused.

Never taken kicks myself, but would have thought it is much easier to focus in a cacophany of noise than in deadly silence where you'd always be aware of the possibility of some numpty with an air horn as you're about to strike the ball.
Wilkinson used to be trained to visualise a mouth behind the posts, jeering at him to miss in a hostile enviroment and he would kick the ball into the mouth to shut it up, which would happen more often than not.
He said if there was complete silence he found it far more off putting.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:
BR wrote:

That had occurred to me BR. I'm all for introducing kids to the game but if that's going to become a regular thing around my regular season ticket seat, I wouldn't be keen on it.

The kids enjoyed themselves though and I quite enjoyed my foray back on to my original spot on the prom, so I'll let it go this time :wink:
Wee Woman I hope you have left out a few details there. For example, I trust it is safe to say that when your seat was being kicked that you turned around, bollicked the child & gave it your hardest stare? For how else is the little glype to learn that he/she shouldn't do it?

I do it at the other end of the age range with ould, but not very ould dears of course, I'm not a fecking monster FFS, in supermarkets who believe its fine to block an aisle whilst they check out the ingredients of salt. :wink: I consider it a civic duty for the betterment of society & a duty I take very seriously.

Similarly their treatment of food, albeit probably garbage, should have been greeted with a prolonged lecture on "the starving in Africa".

Finally, I implore all decent Ulster fans not to go down the route of "I blame the parents" or "I blame the teachers", instead, ask not what your community can do for you, ask what you can do for your community. If we don't educate the yutes in terms of manners and behaviour, who will?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Spend more money instead of the cheap seats love
It might have escaped your notice Kofi but there were 4 mini teams instead of the usual 2 on Friday night so not all of them could be accommodated in the outer blocks of the old stand :roll: :roll:
It escaped my notice as I was not there, I was in Paris for a hot steamy weekend with a lady friend, surprised your betterhalf(feel for the man) did not take you to Paris for the same. Glad there was not to many tv cameras about or her hubby would be surprised she was not in Newcastle with the girls anyway why did you not scream at them hysterically and threaten them with violence or just ask them or their parent/chaperone to have some manners. Or we're they bigger than you :lol: :lol:

Who cares Lowlife???????????????? Maybe you might spare us your sleaze. :scratch:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

:roll: Boggy trews my sleaze was a linked referral to a previous comment from another poster and an attempt at humour. Maybe above your level of intelligence . But then again you are a Lilly white bangorian
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes indeed Kofi you worked it in very well to something almost entirely unrelated, were we supposed to be impressed? Frankly I couldn't care less what you do or with whom but if you don't mind I for one you prefer you kept affairs out of the rugby section. Maybe you could start a thread for cheating barstewards.

You might be right about my level of intelligence but my gobshite radar works just fine all the same.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I suppose most of the kids there were used to the noise at football matches. The noise at goal kicks at Windsor Park is probably what they were trying to replicate. Giving them the rubber bangers was a pretty bad idea though, they drove me near insane.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.