Will the Bear be there?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Will the Bear be there?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Just WHAT IS leo doing wi his right paw? :shock:
Attachments
P1050615s.jpg
P1050615s.jpg (222.79 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Loki wrote:was raging about that at the time but the Leinster ones really are professional! I was flabbergasted watching his kicks, perhaps it was McFadden under the costume.
he couldn't kick any better without the suit
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ITV4'S highlights finished with Craig Doyle giving the furry one a hug and saying "Never mind Sparky"
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cockatrice wrote:
Loki wrote:was raging about that at the time but the Leinster ones really are professional! I was flabbergasted watching his kicks, perhaps it was McFadden under the costume.
he couldn't kick any better without the suit

That had crossed my mind too CT - thought maybe he'd chosen to kick with the furry feet to give himself a ready-made excuse ;-)
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Brunswicker
Novice

Post by Brunswicker »

I am just back from a visit to the zoo where I had speaks with the bear.
He has asked me to try and locate a photographer who took a photograph of him and the FIT CONTROLLER inside Twickenham Stadium before the final.
The photographer was dressed as an Ulster supporter and the bear would really like a copy of the photograph.
If you know the photographer or can provide any clues to his/her identityplease send me a PM and perhaps the case can be Sol Ved. :blueafro:
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

After summer hibernation - hopefully Sparky will return with his fur groomed, kit washed, pressed and ready Friday nights at Ravenhill. Perhaps we will see him at more of the important away games, not just the knock out stages.

I heard his furry bedroom slippers are to be replaced with proper sports footwear - perhaps putting Sparky on an even footing !! with Sexton dressed as the Leinster Lion to compete in half time conversion competitions! :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Originaly Sparky just had an old pair of gutties. The fury feet are a more recent addition. Hasn't been the same since IMHO.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

BR wrote:Originaly Sparky just had an old pair of gutties. The fury feet are a more recent addition. Hasn't been the same since IMHO.
BR......Gutties!!!......remember your target audience. Means not
a jot to anyone born after '60s or up to mid '70s :lol:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

Victim of his own success, I'm afear'd! and of course good old Health & Safety.

Sparky is so popular with the younger following that they love to get up close. Sometimes this can result in some jostling and rugby boot studs are not the most forgiving on concrete, (one slip and Sparky could be out for the season) while furry slippers or gutties are less likely to slot over conversions during the half time competition at the HEC final :lol:

Some sort of cross 'trainer' incorporating furry slippers/gutties/boots/claws are likely to be deemed the bear necessities for the coming season. Ulster Branch Research & Development are spending this year's entire R&D budget, in conjunction with KuKri, to explore the possibility of offering Sparky branded footwear direct to the public! :cheers:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mac wrote:
BR wrote:Originaly Sparky just had an old pair of gutties. The fury feet are a more recent addition. Hasn't been the same since IMHO.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Mac wrote:
Totally giving my age away here but as a Belfastian born towards the upper end of your estimation Mac, I only ever remember calling training shoes gutties :lol:

It's only since I moved to Bangor that I started calling them 'trainers' :wink:

As Wee Girly is heading off to primary school in a few weeks, she too is now fully aware of what a pair of gutties are as well :lol: :lol:

The gutties comeback is on its way :wink:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

VanTheMan wrote:Ulster Branch Research & Development are spending this year's entire R&D budget, in conjunction with KuKri, to explore the possibility of offering Sparky branded footwear direct to the public! :cheers:
Entire budget spent between Yellow Door and Pets at Home. They did however come up with the "Geostable Ursa Trimethylene Terephthalate Ingot Embedded Soles" - they'll have to wait for next year's budget allocation so the marketing gurus can come up with a catchy name for them though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

Very quick and clever BR :cheers:

I am not worthy :lol:

Campaign for the return of the Geostable Ursa Trimethylene Terephthalate Ingot Embedded Soles - Perfect :salut:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

"OUR SOLES" ---job done
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

Has the new outfit been 'bear' tested yet? :scratch: