Norn Iron / Ulster

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

divemaxer
Novice

Re: Ulster/Norn Iron

Post by divemaxer »

Can't believe your even discussing the matter.Typical of Northern Ireland....religion,religion,religion...bloody wise up and move on :x !!I'am in a mixed relationship and both very proud to support the ulstermen!If you don't like it follow football.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

divemaxer wrote:Can't believe your even discussing the matter.Typical of Northern Ireland....religion,religion,religion...bloody wise up and move on :x !!I'am in a mixed relationship and both very proud to support the ulstermen!If you don't like it follow football.
Im in a mixed relationship also Divemaxer,with both myself and spouse coming from opposing genders 8)

Marx said 'Religion is the opium of the people' but I believe he meant 'Religion is the nemesis of the people' both cause a lot of grief when taken in large quantities.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

divemaxer wrote:Can't believe your even discussing the matter.Typical of Northern Ireland....religion,religion,religion...bloody wise up and move on :x !!I'am in a mixed relationship and both very proud to support the ulstermen!If you don't like it follow football.
The only religion in my mind is Ulster Rugby,
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Funnily enough I am also in a mixed relationship,me being a male and she being a female,what brings us together is a love for a sport and a particular team. :wink:
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

divemaxer wrote: Can't believe your even discussing the matter.Typical of Northern Ireland....religion,religion,religion...bloody wise up and move on !!I'am in a mixed relationship and both very proud to support the ulstermen! If you don't like it follow football.
I doubt many people give a toss what religion you are or where you or your partner say your prayers, and I don't remember religion ever being a problem at Ravenhill.

As for the tw@ts who choose one of the 3 southern teams as they can bring themselves to support the team on their own doorstep due to their own petty bigotry. If they never darken the gates of Ravenhill, it will be too soon.
kingoftheroad
Novice

Re: Re: Errigle Inn

Post by kingoftheroad »

Setanta wrote:The IRFU and the four provinces have survived the covenant, the Easter Rising, the civil War, the troubles and the marching, flegs and symbols; I'm sure they'll survive the bigots(both sides) in the media and on websites. Ulster Rugby represents the nine counties of Ulster. England, Scotland, Wales and Italy are wildly jealous that they didn't have a provincial system on which to base their game when it turned professional. If we bit this undoubted plus up by not taking advantage, by letting certain infamous journalists pour bile in the soup, by introducing unnecessary stupid rules, by not spreading the game, and by not treating all the provinces equally then it's our own stupid fault.
Agree entirely... well put! :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: Errigle Inn

Post by bootlaced »

kingoftheroad wrote:
Setanta wrote:The IRFU and the four provinces have survived the covenant, the Easter Rising, the civil War, the troubles and the marching, flegs and symbols; I'm sure they'll survive the bigots(both sides) in the media and on websites. Ulster Rugby represents the nine counties of Ulster. England, Scotland, Wales and Italy are wildly jealous that they didn't have a provincial system on which to base their game when it turned professional. If we bit this undoubted plus up by not taking advantage, by letting certain infamous journalists pour bile in the soup, by introducing unnecessary stupid rules, by not spreading the game, and by not treating all the provinces equally then it's our own stupid fault.
Agree entirely... well put! :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
I was on the west coast of India about 14 years ago close to Goa,I met a local who had a name similar to tapatalk,could they possibly be related.It would have been a middle name.A very good friend by the way who put us up for several weeks.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Christ, I've just wasted some of the remaining time allotted to me on this planet reading this shyte. :banghead:
Sorry Baggy. I shouldn't have added to it. Still at least you know now how people feel having to read through some of your posts. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

UncleFester wrote:As for the tw@ts who choose one of the 3 southern teams as they can bring themselves to support the team on their own doorstep due to their own petty bigotry. If they never darken the gates of Ravenhill, it will be too soon.
Uncle Fester if you were to support Munster I'd definitely not call you a bigot.
How can a man be a bigot for supporting Munster? :scratch:
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

pythagoras wrote:
UncleFester wrote:As for the tw@ts who choose one of the 3 southern teams as they can bring themselves to support the team on their own doorstep due to their own petty bigotry. If they never darken the gates of Ravenhill, it will be too soon.
Uncle Fester if you were to support Munster I'd definitely not call you a bigot.
I think this has went over your head somewhat.

There are people in NI who refuse to support Ulster as they see them as a Northern Ireland based team and cannot bring themselves to support them for that reason, choosing teams from the south instead. It is not about who they support, more about who they don't and the reasons why.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

pythagoras wrote:
... particularly when Uncle Fester has stressed the "complete nonsense of Ulster Rugby being a representative side".

:scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

big mervyn wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
... particularly when Uncle Fester has stressed the "complete nonsense of Ulster Rugby being a representative side".

:scratch:
Unless they also represent multiple countries going by the team.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UncleFester wrote:Unless they also represent multiple countries going by the team.
Translation? :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

UncleFester wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
I think this has went over your head somewhat.

There are people in NI who refuse to support Ulster as they see them as a Northern Ireland based team and cannot bring themselves to support them for that reason, choosing teams from the south instead. It is not about who they support, more about who they don't and the reasons why.
Well I support Liverpool, I'd shout for them before any irish team.
Some teams are special, like Munster and Liverpool
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

big mervyn wrote:
UncleFester wrote:Unless they also represent multiple countries going by the team.
Translation? :scratch:
Ulster are only a representative side if it is representing the multiple countries that provide the players.

In simple term, it is now not a representative side.