How To Honour Nevin

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

aupa les rouges
Novice

Re: How To Honour Nevin

Post by aupa les rouges »

big mervyn wrote:
I do like the Leinster/Munster fans intention to sing Stand Up.
As a Munsterfan I would happily sing along. (Not for the first time!). SUFTUM & Nevin
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Colin, Baggy and even Edwin poots are quite right.
but 99% of guys on here have no connection to this shocking thing other than Nevin as a player for their team, so that is the context in which they see the tragedy and the context in which they react.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

conor macauley ‏@TVconormac

Ulster Rugby's Nevin Spence acknowledged in minutes silence at All Ireland Camogie final in Dublin #GAA
connachtexile
Novice

Post by connachtexile »

I left my condolences on the other tread just wanted to say that the Connacht Rugby fans will happily sing Stand Up next time you guys hit the Sportsground. Thoughts to all in Ulster Rugby fans and players and of course his family.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

A minutes silence + one of the tribute videos played on a big screen at the next home game at Ravenhill would be a good way to celebrate Nevin as a player and ulsterman.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Black kit for rest of season in memory.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Nice to see a public thanksgiving service will be organised, appropriate for those of us not close enough to attend the funeral.
Ulster Rugby have requested that their next match be postponed as a mark of respect - they were due to play Italy on Friday.

In a statement, grieving relatives said that the families were trying very hard to come to terms with the loss.

"The three men were very close to each other in life, and that love was expressed in their final moments trying to help one another," the statement said.

"The family is being supported and comforted by other family members, friends and neighbours.

"Arrangements for a thanksgiving service for the three is currently under way and details will appear in the press in due course."
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Very simple on the face of it, possibly not so when it comes to the "politics" but I would like it if our next game were played at home.

Obviously it would require the agreement of our opponents and the Celtic League (whatever they're actually called these days) but it's something I feel would allow us to mark Nevin's contribution to the Ulster family in our own way.

Edit for clarity. Our next game whenever it may be.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ColinM wrote:Nice to see a public thanksgiving service will be organised, appropriate for those of us not close enough to attend the funeral.
"Arrangements for a thanksgiving service for the three is currently under way and details will appear in the press in due course."
I could be wrong, but I suspect that the "thanksgiving service" - a service of thanks and remembrance for the lives of these three good men, will actually be the funeral service.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

A gate collection at the Connacht match with all proceeds going to a charity of the family's choice?

I like the idea of having our next match at home but I'm not sure how happy the PRO12 would be about the postponement of two matches in a row.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

For the HC final, each player's kit had their initials above the Ulster badge. I think it would be appropriate to have all the kits for this season (replicas included) to have the initials NS above the badge.
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Both KOTH and Huskys suggestions seem appropriate.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Taz
Novice

Post by Taz »

aupa les rouges wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
I do like the Leinster/Munster fans intention to sing Stand Up.
As a Munsterfan I would happily sing along. (Not for the first time!). SUFTUM & Nevin
As will most of us,hopefully it will happen this weekend,i expect in one way or another it will..
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

A minutes applause maybe rather than a minute of silence? And appreciate how lucky we where to have seen such an exciting young player, but also a person who is held in the highest regard by all who knew him,wear the red hand of Ulster.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Further to the death of Ulster player Nevin Spence last weekend, the match between Zebre and Ulster due to be played on 21st September 2012 in Parma will be postponed to a later date.

An announcement will be made in due course with the rescheduled match information.
A moment of silence will be observed at all RaboDirect PRO12 matches this coming weekend.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/10792.php
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.