Cardiff Blues V Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Cardiff Blues V Ulster

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Just another minor point. If some are happy that "selection on form" is the norm, it could well be that Ruan might wait until Christmas when an injury might open a door for him to show his worth.

Yip you are right, ridiculous. So a player doing pretty well but hugely lower down the food chain can keep a leg end out, don't think so.

If we enter the HC without our best available team, I will be the first to start the "Anscombe out" movement. Mind you a few scary stories floating around currently, interesting times indeed. :?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

Who is going to keep pienaar out on form? Form counts when your playing and i assume pienaar is playing well for SA? Im sure MA is keeping an eye on Rugby championship.

Herring hopefully starts this week been impressive so far. Bowe to be on bench. Trimble in real danger of not making 23 this week imo.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

I'm guessing squad is announced today??
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

Trimble has to start after the two hits he put in at the end of the Munster match - without those we may not have won the match(although he also gave away the penalty...harshly IMO)

Baggy - what are these "scary stories" of which you speak??
:red: SUFTUM :red:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

waterboy beware of the troll !!

Rumours have to started by someone
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

P Wallace, Tommy, Henry and Henderson all available.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

kingofthehill wrote: Henderson
Can't wait to see this guy develop
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Gael wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Henderson
Can't wait to see this guy develop
You will get to watch him against Cardiff.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

kingofthehill wrote:P Wallace, Tommy, Henry and Henderson all available.
Really looking forward to this game now :salut: .
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Mind you a few scary stories floating around currently, interesting times indeed. :?
I take it this is the same stories that claimed that McLaughlin didn't coach last season and was basically just passing out tea, biscuits and hugs while the players "just got on with it"..D.Humphs is actually a ruthless, international assassin and Ethel the tea lady is the tactical genius behind all of the best attacking play..

On topic- really hope the lads can step up for this one- they are well capable and would be great to see Henry, Tommy and Henderson make an appearance. {i'd like to see Luke Marshall hold on to the 12 shirt -but I guess that's up to his performances.}

edit- Looking forward to seeing Henderson!
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Just another minor point. If some are happy that "selection on form" is the norm, it could well be that Ruan might wait until Christmas when an injury might open a door for him to show his worth.

Yip you are right, ridiculous. So a player doing pretty well but hugely lower down the food chain can keep a leg end out, don't think so.

If we enter the HC without our best available team,
If MH/PM at 9 and PJ/NOC at 10 are performing so well that RP remains on the bench, I'll be a damn happy man, as when any of them have an off day, or get injured, we have a world class player to step into the breach!

BaggyTrousers wrote:Mind you a few scary stories floating around currently, interesting times indeed. :?
Och, don't be such a tease - do tell! :stir:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Amiga500 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Mind you a few scary stories floating around currently, interesting times indeed. :?
Och, don't be such a tease - do tell! :stir:

I know one about the headless horseman - but it's better told in the dark.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I say you'll have all the Ireland guys on the bench (bar Hendo who will start). Tuohy and Henry on bench as well.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thewaterboy wrote:Trimble has to start after the two hits he put in at the end of the Munster match - without those we may not have won the match(although he also gave away the penalty...harshly IMO)

Baggy - what are these "scary stories" of which you speak??
Better not start an avalanche of concern.
rumncoke wrote:waterboy beware of the troll !!

Rumours have to started by someone
:roll: really Rum'n :duh: , I do not have a record on rumours -other than my little Dan Carter yarn. :lol:
Silverstu wrote:I take it this is the same stories that claimed that McLaughlin didn't coach last season and was basically just passing out tea, biscuits and hugs while the players "just got on with it"..D.Humphs is actually a ruthless, international assassin and Ethel the tea lady is the tactical genius behind all of the best attacking play.
Take it that way & you would not be barking in the correct forest, never mind close to the stand in which the tree currently under discussion resides. Were it true it would make that pile of guff look even more like the pile of guff it truly was. Good try, though well wide of the mark. If you did but read my back catalogue you would find me a staunch supporter of the good doctor & I seriously hope he has ruthlessness amongst his character traits.

I am not going to disseminate rumour to the hysterical masses, I hate hysteria. I hope what I have been told third or fourth hand is close in character to the war time story concluding "send three & fourpence we are going to a dance".
careless.jpg
careless.jpg (11.96 KiB) Viewed 424 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:If MH/PM at 9 and PJ/NOC at 10 are performing so well that RP remains on the bench, I'll be a damn happy man, as when any of them have an off day, or get injured, we have a world class player to step into the breach!
Olah Amiga, appears you believe in miracles :? I don't & sincerely hope Maaaaak doesn't either.