Montpellier Away Heineken Cup

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Montpellier Away Heineken Cup

Post by Neill_M »

BFS-Gatwick-Montpellier with Easyjet on the Friday, back Monday. Staying in the Best Western Le Guilhem. There is also a possible route from Dublin to Carcassone with ryanair, but not sure how good the train connection to Montpellier is. Or else you could hire a car.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

See you Surrey - same flights!
But worked out at £186 return after you include Belfast - Gatwick.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:See you Surrey - same flights!

OHHH NOOO :duh: OOOOO ... wonder IF I can cancel and get me money back :shock:

Just discovered some hotel booking discount codes for anyone booking Treviso/MontP or anywhere for that matter ..

LastMinute.com offering 10% OFF until midnight tonight on hotel bookings (Discount code JULY10)

Expedia.com offering 10% OFF until 31st July (Discount code ROYALBABY)

I believe you just enter the code on the final checkout box to obtain the discount,though there are often cheaper hotel
search engine sites around even without the 10% discount so do search around the web.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

StewMcD wrote:BFS-Gatwick-Monpellier with Easyjet on the Friday, back Sunday. Staying in the Ibis Comedie.

SleazyJet obviously got wise to the sudden surge of interest in this route over that weekend .. what I paid £230 for (2 x return flights) is now £300 and If I'm not mistaken even a return flight pp friday to sunday is now over £200 alone ... slimey gits

On hotel front I booked Le Guilhem hotel in the old town of Montpellier .... 68 Euros (about £60) per night for 2 through Olotels

Edited £215 from Gatwick Fri-Sun
Last edited by Surrey Red Hand on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
StewMcD wrote:BFS-Gatwick-Monpellier with Easyjet on the Friday, back Sunday. Staying in the Ibis Comedie.

SleazyJet obviously got wise to the sudden surge of interest in this route over that weekend .. what I paid £230 for (2 x return flights) is now £300 and If I'm not mistaken even a return flight pp friday to monday is now over £300 alone ... slimey gits

On hotel front I booked Le Guilhem hotel in the old town of Montpellier .... 68 Euros (about £60) per night for 2 through Olotels
Supply and demand, flight probably near full now
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:

SleazyJet obviously got wise to the sudden surge of interest in this route over that weekend .. what I paid £230 for (2 x return flights) is now £300 and If I'm not mistaken even a return flight pp friday to monday is now over £300 alone ... slimey gits

I think that easyjet and the others work on a system where the prices automatically increase as the plane fills up. This is built into their booking software nobody needs to intervene to increase the price based on personal knowledge of the scheduling of HEC matches or other important events.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

From Belfast flights now £220+ through to Montpellier Fri-Mon, if back on the Sunday - £270. Was staying in Le Guilhem, changed to Ibis Comedie (£60/night).
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

out Friday back Sunday Easyjet via Gatwick £213 return staying Kyriad Centre Antigone got for £61 B&B on Roomex prob that rate gone now
Post Tenebras Lux
boysontour
Novice

Post by boysontour »

\dublin to toulouse friday night.
return sunday.
£150.
hired car, 180miles drive. :
Might even see the lovely Mr brennan!!!
:fleg:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:See you Surrey - same flights!

OHHH NOOO :duh: OOOOO ... wonder IF I can cancel and get me money back :shock:
Aye right! :roll:

I've still got photies of you and yer boyfriend HWM from last season ....... don't tell me you're no more than, .... ahem ..... "just good friends"! >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
son of ulster
Novice

Post by son of ulster »

Hi BR, Flying Dublin/ Birmingham then Birmingham/ Montpellier. Out Friday and home Monday. Costing £109 inc all taxes and fees!
born an ulsterman, will die an ulsterman
but not for a long time yet I hope !
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Bristol - Beziers from Fri - Sun for £65 and then a 45 minute train to Montpellier for £21 return.

From Belfast the same route is about £125 return going via either Manc, Bristol or even Edinburgh. Toulouse also a good alternative to Beziers but as the train is approx 2hrs that adds another £20 to the fare.

SUFTU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

son of ulster wrote:Hi BR, Flying Dublin/ Birmingham then Birmingham/ Montpellier. Out Friday and home Monday. Costing £109 inc all taxes and fees!
That route is now costing around £130. Only issue with it due to the flight times from Dublin on the Friday was you either have a 10 hour wait in Birmingham or squeaky bum time with only 90 mins from one flight landing to get the other one!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:
son of ulster wrote:Hi BR, Flying Dublin/ Birmingham then Birmingham/ Montpellier. Out Friday and home Monday. Costing £109 inc all taxes and fees!
That route is now costing around £130. Only issue with it due to the flight times from Dublin on the Friday was you either have a 10 hour wait in Birmingham or squeaky bum time with only 90 mins from one flight landing to get the other one!!
Now - what could we find to do in Birmingham airport for 10 hours ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

BR wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Now - what could we find to do in Birmingham airport for 10 hours ...
Kabbadi?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.