Ulster vs Leinster friendly?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster vs Leinster friendly?

Post by Amiga500 »

rosetintedgoggles wrote:Totally underwhelmed by this pre season friendly.

We play Mexico at least twice a season. No need for a third.

Pathetic call by UR. No longer surprising unfortunately!

Feel cheated that this match is included in my season ticket.

Should have finished off the Lions tour in Ravenhill. :lol:

Pre-season game after a Lions tour - no matter who you get - chances are they'll send a mixed squad out anyway. Being Leinster it'll at least make for decent banter in the stands.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Remind me grumps - 3d had the parliamentary port cullis like the 1/2 newp ?
yes and no - it had a portcullis (Tudor portcullis, I believe - not sure if that's the same as a parliamentary portcullis or not), but the 1/2 newp didn't - it had a royal crown (possibly a representation of the State Crown?)

The old ha'penny had a sailing ship on the reverse (supposedly Drake's golden Hind)
:salut:

Indeed - the 1/2p didn't have room for much other than the 1/2 and a crown.

It was the original 1 newp that had the portcullis (it is the symbol of the houses of parliament IIRC).

I also have 3d with what look like dandylion clocks on them. Don't think they were irish ones, maybe just older.

I'm away to google 'thrupenny bits'! Grumps, can I call you as a witness for the defence?
I confess I naswered in haste, BR

I stated that the 3d coin had a Tudor portcullis without checking what was on the one I had, because that's what I remembered bein on a thruppenny bit. I now have looked again at the one I found a week or two back and it actually is as you described - the "dandelion clocks" (I think it actually depicts a "Thrift" plant).

I believe that was the design in the rein of George VI (mine was 1942), but the 3d coins minted during Elizabeth II's rein (up to decimilisation) had the portcullis.

Anyway - I'm sure your google search will supply the correct answers and the detail - I wouldn't presume to be a witness against Google.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

naswered - fantastic word Grumps, can't think why it hasn't been used before >EW

Now to think of a suitable meaning.

Had a lough of stout last evening and I feel completely naswered :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote::salut:

Indeed - the 1/2p didn't have room for much other than the 1/2 and a crown.
I don't know about any of that Grumps but I wish I could get my hands on some of the really old coins. The oldest coin I have is from the 1930's. This one is 200 years older than that.

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I'm going to be in bomber county that weekend so if anyone needs a loan of my season ticket....
The missus one might be available too. Not sure yet.

Usual form, if you're not a regular name on here, find someone who is to vouch for you, come and pick it up and drop it back in person ASAP.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im interested AYM if you are in the Prom. Tried to get one for a friend but none on sale when I spoke to Norrie.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Terrace ticket Damian.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Ah no problem. Thank you.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Season ticket now spoken for.
tighthead3
Novice

Post by tighthead3 »

So I'm looking on the UR website trying to get tickets for this and it's only showing tickets available for the memorial terrace and a family terrace, what's the deal with this?

I was hoping to get tickets for the Terrace (Not the family terrace nor the memorial terrace, what are they going to call the one facing the stand now?) but seemingly can't online, anyone any idea whats happening? Surely it isn't sold out!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

They arent on sale it seems due to capacity for the game. Will be a one off.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

tighthead3 wrote:So I'm looking on the UR website trying to get tickets for this and it's only showing tickets available for the memorial terrace and a family terrace, what's the deal with this?

I was hoping to get tickets for the Terrace (Not the family terrace nor the memorial terrace, what are they going to call the one facing the stand now?) but seemingly can't online, anyone any idea whats happening? Surely it isn't sold out!
I suspect that Season Ticket holders for the Prom (West Terrace) will be directed to the East Terrace for this game only :shock: and that will leave it close to capacity - hence only two end Terraces on sale!
Finished
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Less of this west and east tomfoolery, Terrace and Prom please. And yes the fancy dans are coming over to our side.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

So when does the build-up start - squads, training etc.,? Oh and has Macklin gone off to England? ; he's not listed on the exits list.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Is Deccie injured yet?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"