Tom Court leaving?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Tom Court leaving?

Post by rocky »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Had really hoped he'd stay but completely understand his decision.

At key moments and on the final whistle after big matches many of the photographers would zero in on Tom. Always good for the shot of pure passion in what had been achieved. Heart on his slieve.

I wish him and his family every success in the future.
Absolutely spot on LK. A genuinely modest man and one of significant intellect as well. I think he will do very well in the so-called Premiership and best wishes to him.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Red
Novice

Post by Red »

Great servant and wish him all the very best. From his and our side I think it's a natural parting. He'd be mad to turn down a 3 year contract at his age. Ulster aren't in a position to offer that and it seems Irish are.

You never know, Irish might have got them selves a gem. Tom of course came to rugby a lot later than most professionals so the body might have another good few years left in him. As a team looking at progressing to winning titles but on a budget below the Toulons of this world we simply can't take that chance.

As an aside I think I read somewhere that the IRFU are keen to use the Exiles more, might have been Indiana's post in the International section? Am I the only one who thinks that'll be great for Irish rugby? Properly used it might give us 4.5 teams to grow, blood and progress players. Not only that, there's a perceived view that inter Provence transfers don't happen as it risks doubling up a teams loss / gain. You lose a player, and if he turns out to be good then they'll help drive the other Provence to compete against you. There'd be no such rivalry with London Irish.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Always was a fan, always will be.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

London Irish fans are ecstatic on their messageboard and rightly so. Shows what high regard he's held in, not just here, but around Europe.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Very sorry to see him go but fully understand why a 3 year contract would be difficult to turn down. He'll be a big asset to those pricks at Reading and a sad loss to Ulster. The Big Man always gave 100% for us so best of luck to him and the family :red: :thumleft: >clapping
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
rave on
Novice

Post by rave on »

good luck and all the best big tom

Forever an ulster man

:red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Used to regularly see Tom out for a stroll with his family when I was breakfasting on the Lisburn Road on Sunday mornings.

A gentleman and a fixture in this Ulster team for a good few years now. Like everybody else, I wish him and his family all the best for the future. :red:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

There is no way that Tom was getting a 3 year contract out of Humph, so it's a very good move for him.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Any possibility that we're not allowed another tighthead so we're after a world-class loose head?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Yes.
themezz
Novice

Post by themezz »

Always liked Big Tom, especially when he learned to present after a tackle, We will miss him on the pitch, but I think CB has been superb this year and can step up.

Best of luck to him
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

I have always said rugby players' shirt numbers rank the team in terms of intelligence. Laughed my head off when I heard Tom happened to be in Australia at the right time with a pair of boots and a toothbrush. Knew his Lions history ! Feel the love, Tom.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (154.43 KiB) Viewed 880 times
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Excellent, Scholar!!!
Bo***cks to Brexit
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Red wrote: I think I read somewhere that the IRFU are keen to use the Exiles more, might have been Indiana's post in the International section? Am I the only one who thinks that'll be great for Irish rugby? Properly used it might give us 4.5 teams to grow, blood and progress players.
How would this work?
Do the IRFU have any more influence at LI than at any other English club?
The only way I could see this working would be if the IRFU was contributing
financially to LI and in return was able to have some influence over the club as they do over the provinces.
And I don't think the IRFU has the money for that, nor would I think the RFU would allow it.
Not to mention that if I were an English rugby supporter this would annoy me at least as much
as the antics of the PRL annoys us.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

maybe their new backer is a Mr R McIlroy?