Offski??????????????

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Offski??????????????

Post by Kofi Annan »

rotherhamtillidie wrote:Yes mckinney has also signed for rotherham
great, Ihumph it is then >yahoo >burp
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

rotherhamtillidie wrote:Yes mckinney has also signed for rotherham
What did we ever do to Rotherham? >clapping
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I wish McKinney all the best with Rotherham. I wish Rotherham all the best with McKinney.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Best of luck to McKinney back at Rotherham. You never know, they might get the best out of him, he never looked like he wanted to be out there when I saw him play this year, especially with Malone ! They know him well and in an environment that he is happy he might flourish. He just never looked happy to me this last year. Wish him well.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So Herbst has joined replacing Afoa presumably. Is there a 2nd TH coming in from outside to replace Macklin or will someone from the academy get a chance?
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Is mcilwaine away back to England? leeds perhaps or doncaster
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Leeds if the FRU are to be believed
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Leeds if the FRU are to be believed
McKendrick?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No, McIlwaine
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jeeeze Humphs is having a real good cull this year, safer being a TB infected badger than a dodgy player wandering around at Ravenhill
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Right now you're asking have I culled 5 or 6 players... And quite frankly I can't remember Mr McComish... Feeling lucky Punk?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

With all these players leaving were does that leave us with depth. Who will replace them ? Is there anyone immediately ready to move up, all of them that are going have had to fill spots on 1st team. And bear in mind some of the woeful Ravens performances.

Is it a clear out and is it time to build?

McCombe and Cochrane must be happy, made their positions a bit more safe, could not be far of 14 places needing filled
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

What about O'Connor and Joyce?

http://ulsterrugby.com/Team/TheAcademy.aspx

With Annett leaving which of the young lads will be on the bench if Best or Herring is injured? From reading here and the link there McCall, Murphy, Simpson and Jackson.

We need to either sign a few props to replace the 3/4 we have leaving. Whats wrong with Fitzpatrick?

Personally with my little knowledge I think they are clearing out the deadwood like McKinney and McIlwaine. Then letting Mackin, Annet etc go and gain the experience needed that they might not get as quick if they stay here. Im sure these players will be watched very closely and brought back if they develop properly.

Ive no idea what I have just wrote about when I read that back.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:With all these players leaving were does that leave us with depth. Who will replace them ? Is there anyone immediately ready to move up, all of them that are going have had to fill spots on 1st team. And bear in mind some of the woeful Ravens performances.

Is it a clear out and is it time to build?

McCombe and Cochrane must be happy, made their positions a bit more safe, could not be far of 14 places needing filled
Thinking that myself Kofi as there is little more than a decent team left when all those go :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

The changes are obviously related to deals that are already done but not announced (eg iHumphs being signed, O'Hagan in the academy) that give them the confidence to move people on. That would apply to every position in the squad. They would do an in depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses to build the squad up.

They must have other signings that are being kept close. They also must have confidence in players coming through. I always think that it is slightly sad when players (like Annett and others) have to go, but the reality is that this is professional sport. It is definitely culling time, but I have faith that they are building to get stronger. I am optimistic about the changes and looking forward to see who comes in.