Flegs for Sarries Game

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Flegs for Sarries Game

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:[Indeed I would have thought a self-confessed vexillologist like yourself would be vexed that chubes are so simple-minded as to feel anything remotely red or white will do the job. We aren't Georgan nor Japanese, neither are we Greenlandic, we are Ulstermen & weemen.

I think that this country would well remember that flegs (on land) are indeed nothing more than a ‘lot of regs’.

While there may be objections, we live in a monarchy where the personification of the nation(s) is the head of state. Other countries lacking this focal point are required to invest their symbolism of nationhood in a colourful piece of bed linen; demanding (even enforcing) a respect for some haberdashery enshrined in law and those constitutions things that they also require. They have to bestow an aura around them to a degree that they should receive a ceremonial burial when they reach the end of their usefulness.

Here a fleg can be considered a bit of fun.

Now that does not mean that I am not saddened when I see a disrespect for the institutions these flegs signify when they are misused on flegpoles (or lamp-posts as the English call them) around the place. But at Ravenhill I don’t see any disrespect (either conscious or ignorant).

With regards to my own banner, I thank you for your kind words. The fact that it has reached its 10th birthday (I won’t say unscathed), is a mystery. It has been lost, stolen, and simply left on the walls of pubs in a number of European cities over that time. We are not the US marine corp, and although our duty of mutual care precludes us from leaving anyone behind (unless they’re just being f**kin stupid), this would not automatically extend to the fleg. But, so far, so good. Any separations have been short lived.
iwojima.jpg
Quality BR, pure quality.

I see your fleg was raised on Iwojima just after that sneaky wee shyte had shot Duke in the back.

May your fleg see at least another decade in service to the stout drinking men of Ulster. :stout: :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.