2014 Autumn Internationals

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2014 Autumn Internationals

Post by Deraless »

...but he's such a good dancer Russ lol
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A feck is not being wasted on Ireland but what the feck are Ulster going to do for wings and back rows for our matches
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

McGrath,Best,Penguin, POC, Toner, POM, Henry, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Zebo, Dorse, Payne, Bowe, Bobert

Cronin, Cronin, White, Foley, O'Donnell, Marmion, Quiff, Henshaw

Hoping Henry,Olding and Best don't cop an injury.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Rooster wrote:A feck is not being wasted on Ireland but what the feck are Ulster going to do for wings and back rows for our matches
Wilson, Ross, Williams with Butterworth on the bench...

... and Nelson, Ludik and Andrew at full-back with Adair or Stockdale on the bench...

Now would be a really good time for Scholes and Allen to get fit again. No idea if that's likely. I've also heard people say that our temporary lock Raaymakers is a better blindside than lock, but no idea if he's fit either.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:A feck is not being wasted on Ireland but what the feck are Ulster going to do for wings and back rows for our matches
Gilroy and Diack will be released
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BoD has spoken

Henshaw is Ireland's 13
Payne is 15

However he said Darse is Ireland's 12

Obviously he has never watched Olding
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

LH
James Cronin (Dolphin/Munster) 1
Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 10
Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 10

Hookers
Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 77
Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 35
Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster) 4

TH
Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster) 2
Rodney Ah You (Corinthians/Connacht) 1
Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 41
Nathan White (Galwegians/Connacht) *

Locks
Dave Foley (UL Bohemians/Munster) *
Mike McCarthy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 15
Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) (capt) 94
Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 17

Back Rows
Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster) 1
Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster) 16
Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster) 67
Tommy O'Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster) 4
Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 23
Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 3
Dominic Ryan (Lansdowne/Leinster) *

SH
Kieran Marmion (Galwegians/Connacht) 2
Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 28
Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 55

OH
Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster) 2
Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster) 10
Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92) 45

Wingers
Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 54
Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster) 5
Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) 8

Centres
Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 79
Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht) 3
Stuart Olding (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 1
Jared Payne (Ulster) *

Full Backs
Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster) 6
Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 55
Darragh Leader (Galwegians/Connacht) *
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Time for Ross, Reidy and Butterworth to earn their contracts. If not, then we're in trouble.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:
Time for Ross, Reidy and Butterworth to earn their contracts. If not, then we're in trouble.
Aye McComish might appear back from Ballymena :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

D 'Arcy and Payne will play against SA and Australia .

Joe wants Payne capped ASAP that's a given . Cave had his try out in Argentina . In my opinion he was not the success I hoped he would be which is not to say he was a failure but he failed to write his name permanently to the shirt .

Of more interest in someways is the question will Joe go for Zebo or Gilroy on the wing . Ball in hand and the bigger boot of the two is Zebo but without the ball Zebo goes absent to often which puts serious ?? At his selection .

Of the 37 named I expect only 28 - 30 will make the match day squads over the 3 games .

The absence of PJ is not a totally surprise since he his coming back from injury and has taken a couple of knocks already this season and in all honesty when compared to Madigan and Keatley as the youngest may be the least experienced of the 3 . ( but I still consider he has more potential than the 2 of them long term ) .

Olding might get a game against Georgia but I don't see him on the Bench in the other 2 . Madigan I see as a bench/ player in the other 2 games with Keatley starting against Georgia at out half .

The most out of the blue selection is Felix Jones given that the 37 includes Kearney Payne Leader - with both Zebo and Gilroy having had runs at full back Felix Jones looks like a full back to many unless Kearney is not expected to make the camp at which point Cave could be in the frame as Payne could be switched to full back for Kearney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

rumncoke wrote:D 'Arcy and Payne will play against SA and Australia .

Joe wants Payne capped ASAP that's a given . Cave had his try out in Argentina . In my opinion he was not the success I hoped he would be which is not to say he was a failure but he failed to write his name permanently to the shirt .

Of more interest in someways is the question will Joe go for Zebo or Gilroy on the wing . Ball in hand and the bigger boot of the two is Zebo but without the ball Zebo goes absent to often which puts serious ?? At his selection .

Of the 37 named I expect only 28 - 30 will make the match day squads over the 3 games .

The absence of PJ is not a totally surprise since he his coming back from injury and has taken a couple of knocks already this season and in all honesty when compared to Madigan and Keatley as the youngest may be the least experienced of the 3 . ( but I still consider he has more potential than the 2 of them long term ) .

Olding might get a game against Georgia but I don't see him on the Bench in the other 2 . Madigan I see as a bench/ player in the other 2 games with Keatley starting against Georgia at out half .

The most out of the blue selection is Felix Jones given that the 37 includes Kearney Payne Leader - with both Zebo and Gilroy having had runs at full back Felix Jones looks like a full back to many unless Kearney is not expected to make the camp at which point Cave could be in the frame as Payne could be switched to full back for Kearney

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

nearly as weak at 10 as the 2013 meltdown
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

MattMo wrote:nearly as weak at 10 as the 2013 meltdown
Or any year that Radge was involved
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

As far as I can see BBC are only showing Wales and Scotland matches and England highlights? In other words England and Ireland only shown live on Sky; is this correct?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:As far as I can see BBC are only showing Wales and Scotland matches and England highlights? In other words England and Ireland only shown live on Sky; is this correct?
Sky Sports has won three new deals to show rugby union for four years from 2014.

The broadcaster will show Ireland's Guinness Series as well as France and Italy's Autumn Internationals.
Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/ ... z3HLKvPQqU
Rory Best