Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Post by Ithryn »

Geordan murphys name is floating in the wind
Why? Why not?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Not earth shattering news but anticipated by everyone except me as usual.
Dont think we will reinvent the wheel under Kiss but is a safe bet and we may see a little more stabilisation and consistancy which is what they want this year.
Still cant my head round WTF we offered Anscombe a year contract when we were always going to show him the door.
I`m not underwhelmed or overwhelmed just whelmed
On the one year contract, as far as I am aware :

- UR knew Dead Kiwi Walking had spoken to other clubs

- didn't really want to stand in his way, but we were 6/6 in the HC :scratch: despite average to appalling league performances.

- to offer nothing would have run the risk of sacking an HC winning coach so 1 year was a saver that they expected him to decline.

- He didn't decline it, but with the runes having been read by an accommodating witch, identity withheld but she lived in Holywood, he set about getting sacked culminating in him blowing the Rabo semi final in at least 2 different respects.

If any or all of that is wrong, doubtless someone will have the good manners to say so.

Jizzer, you've been helped.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ithryn wrote:Geordan murphys name is floating in the wind
So is my fart

If Murphy joins Ulster, it will be a dark day
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Asked before on the other thread but no answer so can I ask again..... Who is on the Professional Games Committee (or whatever it is called) at Ulster that would have been involved in this decision?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Ulsterfan25
Novice

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

Jeremy Davidson a possible candidate as forwards coach? Am I going to get slagged for this suggestion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Les Kiss was a 5 tackles and a kick player, best known for his defence and he has cut his RU coaching teeth as a defence coach and is generally credited as the "inventor" of the choke tackle.

I believe he is known as an attention to detail coach, maybe something new to ULSTER players who didn't play before Cowboy rode into town.

Interestingly he will apparently manage selection which seems to indicate he is nit the sole selector.

I would expect guys will break their croziers to play for him given his position within the Irish set up.

Anyone any idea why when one Googles "les kiss" one is bombarded by huge quantities of weemen who don't seem overly keen on a rub of the relic?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ulsterfan25 wrote:Jeremy Davidson a possible candidate as forwards coach? Am I going to get slagged for this suggestion?

Would someone please sleg this yute, frankly I cannae be foutered. Ufan, fish regard Jezza as a terrorist.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Asked before on the other thread but no answer so can I ask again..... Who is on the Professional Games Committee (or whatever it is called) at Ulster that would have been involved in this decision?
Your question was answered on the other thread.
Ulsterfan25
Novice

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ulsterfan25 wrote:Jeremy Davidson a possible candidate as forwards coach? Am I going to get slagged for this suggestion?

Would someone please sleg this yute, frankly I cannae be foutered. Ufan, fish regard Jezza as a terrorist.

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Asked before on the other thread but no answer so can I ask again..... Who is on the Professional Games Committee (or whatever it is called) at Ulster that would have been involved in this decision?

By Ethel I think :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Ulsterfan25
Novice

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

I'll put Jeremy in the maybe pile then.

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ulsterfan25 wrote:I'll put Jeremy in the maybe a bridge (or 17) too far pile then.

I've fixed that for you.......
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Can we please change the title of this thread to read Interim Director of Rugby?

Might seem a minor point, but it really isn't.
It's the hope that kills you.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Kofi Annan wrote:Okay I fall in the underwhelmed group, everyone except cowboy knew he was getting the chop. Has the indecision from Logan and the gurning from humphs leftovers forced a D4 influence.

Great to see a management team survive three head coaches. They must be awesome. Or not accountable

Who does make the decisions about staff appointments?
Is it Logan or is he just a mouthpiece?
Whatever, the track record needs a looking at.
Is the Kiss appointment a sign that the IRFU has spotted a problem and is stepping in to rectify it?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gary wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

By Ethel I think :D
Cheers.... I missed Ethel's post on the subject.... I note the good lady makes mention of a few co-ops onto the committee does anyone know any of these blow ins given the decisions they make?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU