Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

clivemcl
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by clivemcl »

Coleraine rode their luck a little yesterday. Omagh fell short with a fair few kicks which could have seen them lead the game going into the last 10. Coleraine scored a last minute try adding some gloss to the scoreline.

I wouldn't underestimate the passion though. The school founded in 1860 has been involved in the competition every year since 1876 winning it 9 times. But it is Coleraine Academical Institution's last year as it is being amalgamated with the girls school in the town and new name/uniform.

I believe there's a hashtag... #maroonblood
Last edited by clivemcl on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

breakdown wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Will the guy who was sent off for MCB be banned? Obviously there has to be some punishment.
Was there not someone who got a red card in a schools cup game either last year or the year before? What was the outcome of that?
Clesn pirrie park changing rooms
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Always had a soft spot for CAI..I hope they make the final:-)
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Beattiespastie wrote:Sorry oldman missed your post. Robert moved from RBAI at the beginning of this year. I know he played in the 2nd XV final defeat to MCB two years ago and he was excellent in that game.
Simultaneously raised the average IQ in both schools.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Please explain the last post ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

rumncoke wrote:Please explain the last post ?
a bit off-topic, but okay ....

The Last Post is a bugle call within British Infantry regiments used at Commonwealth military funerals and ceremonies commemorating those who have been killed in war.

There is also a trumpet version used by cavalry regiments
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well played sir
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would only make sense if he had moved to Campbell.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

So what of the Flowers of the Forest ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Alister Scott wrote:
a bit off-topic, but okay ....

The Last Post is a bugle call within British Infantry regiments used at Commonwealth military funerals and ceremonies commemorating those who have been killed in war.

There is also a trumpet version used by cavalry regiments
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

Paddy Power speaks:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-uni ... senior-cup

No disrespect intended but 10/1 does seem rather flattering to CAI.

Quaerere Verum!
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ball Boy wrote:Paddy Power speaks:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-uni ... senior-cup

No disrespect intended but 10/1 does seem rather flattering to CAI.

Quaerere Verum!
Paddy obviously doesn't put much store by the FRU rankings.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
RFCrfcRFC
Novice

Post by RFCrfcRFC »

Beattiespastie wrote:There should be no ban for yesterday's red card. It was two minor offences and no attempt to hurt the opposition player. Soon after the red card the ref binned a Campbell player for a dangerous tackle and in fairness the Campbell lad was hard done by as I thought the tackle was fine but I believe the ref realised he had just made a poor decision with the red card and was trying to balance things out.
It's interesting that the Methody player who punched the RBAI player last year is this year's Methody captain and he has been a credit to the team and the school:-D
Very obviously a coach or teacher at MCB! No-one else would call tackling in the air a minor offence - automatic red card! So blinkered in your views on all things MCB Beattiespace your posts are both boring and predictable. Don't think the lad deserves a match ban at school boy level but it was dangerous - the ref didn't feel guilty and then try and even things up by issuing a yellow - changed my mind actually you could well be an MCB schoolboy!! Sorry don't usually post in this forum but get your head out of the sand - MCB are a formidable team and coaching set up - they don't need their supporters condoning both punching players as a credit to the school or those sent off due to dangerous play >seeya
vintage65
Novice

Post by vintage65 »

W
Last edited by vintage65 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

RFCrfcRFC wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:...........
It's interesting that the Methody player who punched the RBAI player last year is this year's Methody captain and he has been a credit to the team and the school:-D
Sorry don't usually post in this forum but get your head out of the sand - MCB are a formidable team and coaching set up - they don't need their supporters condoning both punching players as a credit to the school or those sent off due to dangerous play >seeya
Welcome to the forum RFC-ad-nauseum .......... assuming this is in fact your first contribution.

I don't normally post about skules rugby too much, but just out of boredom, I'm gonna stick my oar in here for a change. :stir:

When you say that you don't usually post in this forum, it suggests that you have posted before, but not very often. Given that the stats say you have never posted before under the RCFx3 username, who else are you? You know some people don't like it when posters have several usernames ..... :twisted:

You clearly don't read what's on the forum either if you think he was suggesting that punching players was a credit to the school. Or maybe you just went to a school that doesn't teach comprehension quite as well as most?