Leinster 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster 15/16

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm predicting Cold Hands scores a try tonight. Risky I know but there you go.

Funny you don't see much if Big-al bigging up Cold Hands these days. He used to be the 2nd coming, though I usually find the first more invigorating. :cheers:

Robbed of a quality prediction, the guy who Chad held would have had to be Usain Bolt on drugs to stop a try, I'll need to see it again but Holy Jaysus, on first glance, if you are pulling that back you will pull ever try back for something. Well finished by Cold Hands Luke who looked better the longer the game went on.

Damn you ref.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

2 week ban for Mr Healy - misses Toulon and Munster games, Mexicans may appeal.

The Leinster Rugby prop, Cian Healy (No 1), has been suspended for two weeks following an independent Disciplinary Hearing in Paris today (Thursday, 17 December).

The independent Judicial Officer, Roger Morris (Wales), heard submissions and evidence from Healy, who pleaded not guilty to an offence of striking, from the Leinster Rugby Head of Rugby Operations, Guy Easterby, from Leinster Rugby's legal representative, Donal Spring, and from the EPCR Disciplinary Officer, Liam McTiernan.

After hearing the submissions and evidence, the Judicial Officer decided that the charge of striking could not be proven. However, he determined that Healy had committed an act of foul play and amended the charge to Dangerous charging or obstructing or grabbing of an opponent without the ball, including shouldering - Law 10.4 (f) and Law 10.4 (k).

Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Laws 10.4 (f) and (k), carry the following sanction entry points - Low End: 2 weeks; Mid-Range: 5 weeks; Top End: 10 to 52 weeks.

The Judicial Officer found that the offence was at the low end of World Rugby's sanctions and selected two weeks as the appropriate entry point.

Although there were no aggravating factors, the Judicial Officer decided that no reduction was available due to the fact that the player does not have a clean disciplinary record before imposing a suspension of two weeks.

Healy is free to play on 28 December 2015. Both the player and EPCR have the right to appeal the decision.
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McGrath should be starting anyway on current form.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nonsensical bullshite, they couldn't prrove what he was cited for so they change the charge to do him anyway. :duh: :duh: :duh:

All he did was:
cian-healy-cited.jpg
cian-healy-cited.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Lucky to get away with a two week ban for a deliberate act of foul play. When will you lot start to understand that player safety is the big item these days and rightly so. The game now is brutal enough without that sort of thing.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Are appealing the decision on the basis that due process was not followed, i.e. was cleared of original charge only to be charged for a different offence mid process.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Are appealing the decision on the basis that due process was not followed, i.e. was cleared of original charge only to be charged for a different offence mid process.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
And they are absolutely right to do so, either he's guilty as charged or not, they were trying to make it up as they go along. I'd guess all Leinster will have to do is threaten to move to legal action & the disciplinary hearing will fall like a house of cards.

I'm sorry Rocky but think back, how did the Italian get there, Healy rightly cleared him away and was perhaps marginally over-robust but I see no red card offence.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Given no hands Luke was given 12 weeks for making contact with a head, Healy is very lucky
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

player safety is paramount but so is the process of citing and disciplinary, we cant just go about making up the laws as we go, so we f@ck up on the process , we just change it to suit, that's a slippery slope , w
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Basically the ref was letting the Toulon player away loitering and Healy took the law into his own hands with at best a careless entry into the ruck .

It looks worse because the Toulon player moves into the knee coming up out of the ruck which is why the case as charged couldn't be proven

The card was well deserved as is the second charge but because he had not been thus charged he was denied the opportunity to consider the charge before the hearing .

Best solution drop the penalty and recharge him with the lesser offence .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Leinster playing well against Toulon.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HairyJ wrote:Leinster playing well against Toulon.
A win for Leinster would be good for Ulster's chances of a RU spot.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bordeaux Beagles also doing us a favour in that respect.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

toulon on the fightback. Intriguing finish.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

another Toulon try. Pure power. Forget the fekkers had brought in Nonu... Fantasy rugby indeed.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'