Modern Supporter Question

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Modern Supporter Question

Post by Jackie Brown »

Russ wrote:I remember as a we'en watching Ulster play Stade when Stade had the great Diego from Argentina at fly half

I had been bought an air horn by my father (who partakes in these boards now and again) and thought I was rhe dog's janglies

But I knew to respect the butter.
Some big jackalope enquired on the terrace if I was going to use that air horn at all, and if not why not?

So me, a we'en did hold up my horn, and depress the button
Needless to say, Diego of Italy was in his backswing and the ball sailed high and wide

Out came the "in Ravenhill we have a great tradition of respecting the opposition butter"

Needless to say, Diego had a kick to win the game in the last minute. I knew I had a job to do
I raised by right hand up to St Ruan (Jesus' brother) and depressed my index finger on that horn. Diego of Paris missed and we won an epic real Heineken Cup game

I was the hero of the hour
And that is why your name is on the wall in the Tunnel of heroes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: You're being a bit hard on Shan there.
Gwan Mervyn ya big smelly old árse. :D

I don't really see anything wrong with urging players to gwan. Tis better than urging them to make a balls of it anyway.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:My personal favourite is; Ishorteneveryone'sname bloke. He was behind us for Oyonnax....clampet
Shirley it was the Oyo ....... clamp
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Highlight of the night was the three amigos in front of me, dont get me wrong, well behaved, not plasteted ... Joined in, but the middle one was obviously the rugby guru... The others hung on his every word.... At half time he informed his apprentices... "We have just signed another South African... Marsil Coo-e-t-seee" straight face, didnt break stride, thats how its spelled thats how its pronounced. Epic.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jackie Brown wrote:And that is why your name is on the wall in the Tunnel of heroes.
Do I get mine on there for Northampton / Dylan Hartley? :D
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ahhh the joys of modern society dumb everything down.
please explain? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote:Highlight of the night was the three amigos in front of me, dont get me wrong, well behaved, not plasteted ... Joined in, but the middle one was obviously the rugby guru... The others hung on his every word.... At half time he informed his apprentices... "We have just signed another South African... Marsil Coo-e-t-seee" straight face, didnt break stride, thats how its spelled thats how its pronounced. Epic.
Wish I'd heard that - on a totally unrelated point, here's a random crappy quality pic of a few men in the crowd! >EW
Attachments
Random men in crowd.JPG
Random men in crowd.JPG (154.47 KiB) Viewed 715 times
I'm not arguing -
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Now the newbie fan at Ravenhill can often be irritating but on Friday there were 3 fellas standing beside us (Us Being a group of grumpy ex players who've played at varying levels and most of whom are still coaching, so we kinda know our stuff) these 3 guys have never played and only got into rugby last year and they were great.

Asking questions about decisions etc. they were interested in learning unlike the Ulster are brill brigade.

'Twas a pleasure to stand with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

nonplussed wrote:Now the newbie fan at Ravenhill can often be irritating but on Friday there were 3 fellas standing beside us (Us Being a group of grumpy ex players who've played at varying levels and most of whom are still coaching, so we kinda know our stuff) these 3 guys have never played and only got into rugby last year and they were great.

Asking questions about decisions etc. they were interested in learning unlike the Ulster are brill brigade.

Nice for Clarke and Malone to mingle like that.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:
nonplussed wrote:Now the newbie fan at Ravenhill can often be irritating but on Friday there were 3 fellas standing beside us (Us Being a group of grumpy ex players who've played at varying levels and most of whom are still coaching, so we kinda know our stuff) these 3 guys have never played and only got into rugby last year and they were great.

Nice for Clarke and Malone to mingle like that.
I was stuck beside the prophet of doom on Friday night. He knew what he was talking about, but jeepers he was negative.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Well it wasnt me im still on a high we got Marcell!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Was it Schmidt???????
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Slightly off topic but on the subject of supporting Ireland, any one elae feel we might he lucky to beat Italy this year?

My quota of fecks have evaporated for this 6n .... All fur coat and no knickers, utter dross.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Slightly off topic but on the subject of supporting Ireland, any one elae feel we might he lucky to beat Italy this year?

My quota of fecks have evaporated for this 6n .... All fur coat and no knickers, utter dross.
It hasn't been great.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Cornerfleg wrote:Slightly off topic but on the subject of supporting Ireland, any one elae feel we might he lucky to beat Italy this year?

No fecks are given here about the 6ns

It's club then province the country in this house