Irish Passport.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Irish Passport.

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: 2011 census.
Was there a question on the census about passports? I don't remember answering that one :scratch:
I don't remember answering it either Merv, but then I don't remember filling in the form at all.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Interesting
Prapper source, Snipe, or did you just get new felt-tips fer Fathers day? :D
2011 census.
You got new felt tips for the 2011 census? :scratch:

Whatever floats yer boat. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: 2011 census.
Was there a question on the census about passports? I don't remember answering that one :scratch:
It was one of the questions, remember pondering as to which passport I would mention then had recorded British as Nationality so used British passport I think in other answer :scratch:
http://www.nisra.gov.uk/census/2011Census.html
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Interesting
That is interesting.

Derry and Belfast are surprisingly red. Some other anomalies albeit on a smaller scale - Rathlin/Ballycastle for one.
There has to be a level of granularity with a map like that. Rathlin is so small that they need to avoid publishing identifiable responses.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

That is a strange shade of Orange. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Given the annual murder love fest is coming up in 9 days should we now distance ourselves with the symbols of terrorism?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Took some Aussies on the Black Hack tour of the "peaceline" yesterday. Very good :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ni nat British says Daily Heil. (and Scots are really Irish).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... avian.html
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Ni nat British says Daily Heil. (and Scots are really Irish).

:lol: :lol: :lol: Some of the British are not that British either
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Is it possible to visit without a visa ?

Not to sure what the position will be but before the referendum you could visit over 50
Countries with a British passport which was more than any other passport .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Wrong

Germany
Switzerland
UK and 3 others
I think you'll find that Germany and UK were level on 175 each ....... but Germany won on penalties.
Modestly amusing Grumps, very very close to being ..................funny >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Took some Aussies on the Black Hack tour of the "peaceline" yesterday. Very good :thumleft:
You're a cabbie Merv? :shock: I never would have guessed >EW
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So the Norn Irish are effectively half-breeds whereas unexpectedly the rest of the UK are a bunch of crazy mixed upbastards.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well Scotland more or less means land of the Irish(Gaels) so no real surprise that a large number of them would be Irish and Northern Ireland(clue in the second word) is in Ireland so again no real surprise that a huge number of folk there would be Irish.
A distinct genetic pattern

By performing a number of genetic tests the scientists were able to identify a particular genetic pattern in the Y chromosome of the Irish. An ancient genetic marker, known as haplogroup 1, was found in most Irish men. Scientists think that most of the population of Western Europe carried this gene over 10,000 years ago. Over time however, through the movement and mixing of peoples, this gene was diluted. Now it is found in relatively fewer people throughout Europe.

The greatest movement and migration of peoples in Europe has been the movement of farmers from the south-east of the continent after the invention of agriculture about 10,000 years ago. The farmers moved with their new technologies north-west into Europe, probably displacing the local hunter-gatherer populations that were living there at the time. In this way the haplogroup 1 genes in Europe were diluted, the farmers introducing new and different genes.

Men with Gaelic names are more ancient

This resulted in the formation of a gradient of haplogroup 1 genes throughout the continent, the lowest frequency of these ancient genes being found in Turkey, and the highest frequency in Ireland, with intermediate frequencies in continental populations. In Ireland 78.1% of all men have the haplogroup 1 gene.

In Ireland men with Gaelic names have higher frequencies of this ancient marker than men with non-Gaelic names. For example, men in Ireland with surnames of English origin have 62% haplogroup 1 genes; men with Scottish names have 52.9% and men with Norman and Norse names have 83%. In Leinster, 73.3% of men with Gaelic surnames have this gene, in Munster, 94.6% and in Ulster 81.1%.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

mikerob wrote:There may be a bit of a wait for an Irish passport at the moment... the Irish embassy in London reported they had received a million requests for passport application forms.
So my application took just over 2 months to get a passport. I don't know what it was before the Brexit flood of applications...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Somewhat surprisingly, only 22% of the NI population want a united Ireland according to a post Brexit survey. Sinn Fein secured 24% of the vote at the last election :scratch:
Big Neville Southall