Olympics 2016 (Non torch stuff)

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Olympics 2016 (Non torch stuff)

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: You probably will if Ireland win a medal :lol:

Has to be the most boring field sport in the world alright.

:lol: :lol:

Legend. They haven't a hope anyway. They are even worse than the British team. Argies will beat them I'd say.

I tried to watch some of it the other day when Ireland were playing. Couldn't stick it out.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Up Down :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:Anyway Mervyn I am quite hopeful that Ciara Mageean will overcome the fact she is from Co. Down :D and star in the 1500 metres. First round on in about 30 minutes.
My daughter works with her sister. Seems to be in decent form.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

She went really well in that first round Mervyn. Seemed to be in control and qualified with no fuss. It will be harder in the semi final of course but I have a good feeling about her.

Heptathlon is very interesting with Jessica Ennis-Hill just 5 points behind the leader with two events remaining. She is some competitor. Wouldn't be surprised if she wins gold again.

Usain Bolt was scandalous again in the opening round of the 100 metres. He just seemed to be strolling through the race but ran 10:07. Looks like he may be back to his best. Hard to go against him in his bid for another 3 Olympic golds.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Usain Bolt was scandalous again in the opening round of the 100 metres. He just seemed to be strolling through the race but ran 10:07. Looks like he may be back to his best. Hard to go against him in his bid for another 3 Olympic golds.
Steve Cram said he thinks Bolt is actually taking his running seriously this season and has been building towards the Olympics. He hasn't allowed himself to pile on any weight during the off season and has been in shape since March.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
Steve Cram said he thinks Bolt is actually taking his running seriously this season and has been building towards the Olympics. He hasn't allowed himself to pile on any weight during the off season and has been in shape since March.
Lot of talk about breaking the 200m WR - even talking about sub 19. Remains to be seen if he has the legs after several prior races. I'll be happy if he just bates Gatlin again.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Ambivalent about young Conlon winning his first diggin match.Always good to see a local boy doing well but I can't bring myself to warm to a 'sport' that is just organised beating up. Replace boxing with darts in 2020; you know it makes sense.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:Ambivalent about young Conlon winning his first diggin match.Always good to see a local boy doing well but I can't bring myself to warm to a 'sport' that is just organised beating up. Replace boxing with darts in 2020; you know it makes sense.
Controversial. Toul ye - Norn Irn athletes are cursed at Rio.

Loving the track cycling especially now that we're into the more eccentric events. Thon Omnium is quare crack.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:Max Whitlock my ar$e

https://www.facebook.com/gaillardremi/v ... 387953525/
Brilliant. Particularly enjoyed the bus passengers joining in with their applause. >clapping
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Ambivalent about young Conlon winning his first diggin match.Always good to see a local boy doing well but I can't bring myself to warm to a 'sport' that is just organised beating up. Replace boxing with darts in 2020; you know it makes sense.
Controversial. Toul ye - Norn Irn athletes are cursed at Rio. .
Conlon's clearly cursed, ... as are all the boxers - not a sniff of a medal.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Conlon is a tube. He won the World Championship under AIBA. The problem seems to be the scoring system which is a shambles. They seem to have changed the system as they have gone along.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Laura Trott is some athlete.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Maybe the Steven Bradbury technique could win this Kierin :lol:

https://youtu.be/WOrIv8sB4vg
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jason Kenny can play 6.............