Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 4th Nov 7:35pm BBC ALBA/BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 4th Nov 7:35pm BBC ALBA/BBC2NI

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Can anyone confirm or deny Barbara's fitness?

Now remember, I said fitness,not ability.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:Warwick, Herring, Herbst, AOC, Tuohy, Ross, Reidy, Wilson; Pienaar, Herron, Lyttle, Windsor, Marshall, Bowe, Piutau

Would like to see some young guys on the bench, especially forwards, but won't happen
Wilson is injured
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:Warwick, Herring, Herbst, AOC, Tuohy, Ross, Reidy, Wilson; Pienaar, Herron, Lyttle, Windsor, Marshall, Bowe, Piutau

Would like to see some young guys on the bench, especially forwards, but won't happen
Wilson is injured
Didn't see that, sadly will be Diack then, I would like to see Mulholland, Dow or even Timoney given a chance though
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Les has declared that this isn't a defining match as he doesn't want to put pressure on the team.

Well why the feck not? Am I missing something? Professional fecking sportsmen.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Les has declared that this isn't a defining match as he doesn't want to put pressure on the team.

He's right it isn't in any way defining. It is simply an opportunity, both ways.

One to win away from home with the absolute bare bones of the squad - unlikely in my opinion & I couldn;t give a tuppenny fukk what happened to Embra last week.

Or two, they add to the considerable depths of disappointment currently floating around, like an angry fart traipsing along the roof of a sealed car looking for the exit cos it can stand quite how much it's stinking the feckin' place out.

Defining will be in a month or two when, touch wood, we have something approaching a fit squad and we see if we can play rugby and decimate a decent team, as indeed we did the last time we had something approaching a decent team in Weegieland.

Bad as things are at present, some need a sense of perspective. WTF do you expect from a bare squad, this is not new, we may be stronger in a few positions, but we've always been gash when the squad is stripped of the better players.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

222toHounslow wrote:Les has declared that this isn't a defining match as he doesn't want to put pressure on the team.

All a bit too fluffy in Ravenhill.

Been tom kite for weeks, don't want the pressure. Do they want a cuddle?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I was indicating the lack of pressure rather than the defining match aspect Bagster. Do the players really need this type of hand holding? Is it really acceptable that we can't stick out a decent enough side looking at what is still available.

Saying that, Ulster to get humped, The Duke out for the season and Embra to win by ten.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Wilson is injured, unusually, so probably Robbie D with Reidy and Ross.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Who is this lad Aaron Cairns - what position does he play? 2MP at 6 should be interesting.

Ulster describing him as a utility back.... narrows it down.
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Edinburgh Team:

15. Blair Kinghorn 14. Damien Hoyland 13. Chris Dean 12. Phil Burleigh 11. Tom Brown 10. Jason Tovey 9. Sean Kennedy 1. Jack Cosgrove 2. Neil Cochrane (C) 3. Murray McCallum 4. Fraser McKenzie 5. Ben Toolis 6. Viliame Mata 7. Jamie Ritchie 8. Magnus Bradbury

16. Stuart McInally 17. Kyle Whyte 18. Felipe Arregui 19. Lewis Carmichael 20. Cornell Du Preez 21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne 22. Duncan Weir 23. Michael Allen

Unavailable due to injury: Simon Berghan (foot), Anton Bresler (groin), Kevin Bryce (shoulder), Viliami Fihaki (shoulder), Will Helu (hamstring), Nasi Manu (shoulder), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (ankle), Rory Sutherland (groin).

Players retained by Scotland squad: Alasdair Dickinson, Allan Dell, Ross Ford, Grant Gilchrist, John Hardie and Hamish Watson.
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Friday 7:35 BBC2 - Live from Murryfield,
Attenborough fronts new BBC show

Davewatch!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote:Image
Well, we've got the answer ref Dow and Timtimtimoneh alibaleh! Given what Iv'e seen of Joyce, and briefly of Dow, I'd have Dow every time.
Browne is an interesting one at 6, given how he's been putting himself about the park recently, fair enough- could be a bolter. I never had that combo in mind due to my lack of imagination I must say! :duh: Guess I presumed AOC would be fit.
Good to see Stockdale back in the mix- presumably F/B/ Wing/ Centre cover?

Wots happened to Rory Scholes? Must be regretting leaving now... I don't recognise much of that Embra team tbh.

A race to the bottom I suspect.. Ulster by 1 point and 13 men...
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Going to be a unique watch now. Can 2MP hit a ruck without falling over it? (I jest a little), can ruan skip pass directly to luke?
Zero expectations from this but hey ho SUFTU.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

I think Browne played a good bit at 6 for L.Welsh, will be interesting to see how he gets on there, any way still probably a better option than Diack

Cairns is a 9/winger for those asking, lets him he comes on at 9 rather than on the wing though