Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TopPoster
Initiate

Re: Who will decide

Post by TopPoster »

Snipe - i get cranky if someone gets cranky at me just for posting an opinion and suggesting crappola and solicitors just cos i have a different opinion. i am with you - they should play end of.

but and its a big but, i have doubts they will. the reason and calm headness on here (i know i know stop laughing) means fack all. we all accept nothing to see here but a few stupid private bragging messages but the easily offended and offence chasers see it different and unfortunately in the society and world we live in these days, those plebs have a big voice, a bigger one than the reasoned. look at Logan when he eventually came out of his foxhole - all about UR as a business and finance and sales etc, nahin about the on field embarrassment unfolding. that's the environment he operates in and the IRFU as an organisation operate it.

how many times have we seen in recent years, lets call them 'personalities' across sport, politics, entertainment etc, get ditched, stand down/aside, seek 'help' for nothing other than misjudged tweets, texts, private comments or off camera words, stuff that was private that became public. its all about 'not in line with our culture and brand and CSR and all that'. if there was nothing to see here then there would be no review - the fact there is suggests to me they are concerned about the 'image' and sponsor's image too remembering its not just about representing IRFU and UR but wearing kit with logos and ads and sh!t. it can and is all done within the law and employment regulations otherwise it wouldn't happen.

i then think of the 2 players themselves. i doubt they've seen the inside of a bar, club or any public venue in a long time. there will be ibelieverher idiots out there ready to have pop at them when they are out and about - and some of them will be at kinsgpan and aviva. can you imagine them queuing for their doner on chips some night and one of them starts verballing them, before you know it one wrong word or move and phones in their face filming it and all over press again. they will get the R term thrown at them by tubes when they are out and about in a bar or somewhere - they are big fishes in a small pond back home in belfast. they wont be able to lead a normalish life as they did before this. maybe, just maybe, they might get away from the heat for a few years, go somewhere to play and be a small fish, big pond and rebuild, let dust settle and return when no-one gives a sh!t anymore and found another cause to be offended about.

Tender - i know you trying to catch me out. simply IMB before beeb shut us down, Continuity IMB, then a few of us relocated here when set up when it was a handful of peeps. ive stood side by side with a select few of those originals petitioning against the Maze and mingled amongst. cant exactly remember who is who with the differing monikers and as i say i've been away for 10-12 years. i could probably map a few back to those days.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Unfortunately and I totally disagree the image will have to be protected, we now live in a society we’re the crazies and the miniority dictate . Both players will go, sad but a fact of life, IRFU have already made their mind up, topposter. Is right 100%, the players will have to tread on eggshells for a long time, even look at a femal3 the wrongway and there will be one that will want to get a few quid out of it. I see the Irish sun has posted photographs from the party, I wonder who sold them.

I was recently in an airport and heard some of the abuse hurled towards Ulster players , jeers of rapists etc, the players were more restrained than I would have been, I would have chinned someone.

Sad fact is a silly little bint has got her 9weeks of fame, she will always be remembered by me as the chicken in the sandwich, I am sure her parents are proud of her. The players, have to just get on with it, make some dosh in D2 , I , personally feel sorry for Rory, Paddy and Stu,

I look forward to the book, quick question , is her anonymity still protected, or will we see her on “I am a celebrity big brother, popstars get me out of here”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Unfortunately and I totally disagree the image will have to be protected, we now live in a society we’re the crazies and the miniority dictate . Both players will go, sad but a fact of life, IRFU have already made their mind up, topposter. Is right 100%, the players will have to tread on eggshells for a long time, even look at a femal3 the wrongway and there will be one that will want to get a few quid out of it. I see the Irish sun has posted photographs from the party, I wonder who sold them.

I was recently in an airport and heard some of the abuse hurled towards Ulster players , jeers of rapists etc, the players were more restrained than I would have been, I would have chinned someone.

Sad fact is a silly little bint has got her 9weeks of fame, she will always be remembered by me as the chicken in the sandwich, I am sure her parents are proud of her. The players, have to just get on with it, make some dosh in D2 , I , personally feel sorry for Rory, Paddy and Stu,

I look forward to the book, quick question , is her anonymity still protected, or will we see her on “I am a celebrity big brother, popstars get me out of here”
She's the only one who can decide to reject her lifetime anonymity

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Her anonymity is still protected but she can chose to waive that protection.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

big mervyn wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Why is it protected ? My opinion is that the verdict implies that she has been less than truthful, so why is she protected. I have no doubt she will be whisked away by some red top for a in-depth account of her version of the event.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Listening to Radio ulster this morning and it sounds like they are already convicted for 'inappropriate behaviour! FFS can none of these morons remember being between 19 and 25? Habeas Corpus and 'not guilty' overruled by the dictatorship of minorities yet again.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Quick hypothetical question for the barrack room barristers. Is anonymity also extended to someone who has been accused of making a false accusation of rape?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote:Listening to Radio ulster this morning and it sounds like they are already convicted for 'inappropriate behaviour! FFS can none of these morons remember being between 19 and 25? Habeas Corpus and 'not guilty' overruled by the dictatorship of minorities yet again.
Listening to the RUC spokespersons, it sounds like they have also been convicted of rape.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Nolan's talking about it ni. Should be an interesting vox pop. :roll:
Big Neville Southall
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

big mervyn wrote:Quick hypothetical question for the barrack room barristers. Is anonymity also extended to someone who has been accused of making a false accusation of rape?
probably to the point of being charged if i was a betting man.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Why is it protected ? My opinion is that the verdict implies that she has been less than truthful, so why is she protected. I have no doubt she will be whisked away by some red top for a in-depth account of her version of the event.
All the names should be protected. PJ, SO etal should not have been named either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

PR guy on Radio Ulster saying they'd be wise to stick around. They don't want to look like they're running away.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
All the names should be protected. PJ, SO etal should not have been named either.

Jim Gamble making some good points on Nolan - Anonymity should be extended to all parties with some exceptions such as those suspected of predatory serial rapes
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Tired of the sanctimonious bullcrap about the WhatsApp messages. Some lunatic on Nolan reckons they should never play rugby again, so they should be punished for the rest of their lives? She was particularly offended by the merry go round comment. I mean, really? I'm a teacher in a secondary school and the stuff the kids are at and we have to deal with day to day make these comments pale into insignificance. People need to get a grip. I hope my old MSN messenger messages never resurface. Crazy times.

Last edited by Jackie Brown on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Hope the UR Players Code of Conduct isn't as strict as the one in place for us :lol:
Big Neville Southall