Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:01 am The only reason tight-heads are important is because loose heads are allowed to pull down or bore down on the neck of the tight head.

Similarly on the opposition put in tights heads are allowed to Bore into the hooker..

Both actions are illegal and worth of a penalty as both are deemed dangerous play but to frequently referees award the penalty to the side either pulling down or boring thus rewarding the side who are disrupting the scrum -- which will ensure every scrum is disrupted.

The only way to actually avoid disruption is to insist that all outside elbows tight -head and loose-head are level with the shoulder.

It avoids props pulling down their opponent and or bending the arm of his opponent while boring and collapsing the scrum.
The only reason right heads are important.... :roll: :lol: games are won by THs ( and front rows) if they emasculate the opposition pack. Alpha stuff. A beaten scrum destroys a pack. That's why THs are worth their weight- lock the scrum and work over the hooker. That's the point. Dark arts never die. It's the DNA of the game.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Btw elbows are pivots, arms levers. Props are physicists- principle of moments and levers
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The sight of Moore x Kitshoff will have people erect at scrum time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:49 pm The sight of Moore x Kitshoff will have people erect at scrum time.
Already in the W bank :red: :shock: :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:39 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:38 pm
Neill_M wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:16 pm Andrew Brace will referee Ulster's New Year's Day clash with Munster, assisted by Andrew Cole and Paul Haycock, with Joy Neville as TMO in another all-Irish officiating team for an inter-provincial derby

Via @admckendry on twitter
Joy Neville ain't the worst of referees, but as TMO she tries to referee the game by proxy.

I suspect she will continuously be in Brace's ear asking him to look at plenty of "incidents" that he has ignored/missed, and then telling him what he's supposed to see and how to deal with them.

Could be a very long 80 minutes. :roll:
New directive from Jan 1 to reduce the role of TMO in theory.
Nothing in the new guidelines will stop killJoy sticking her oar in.
It encourages the Brace not to use her (and to limit the number of angles, etc examined). KillJoy still has the ability to go back independently and overturn any perfectly good try she sees fit.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster: Mike Haley; Shane Daly, Antoine Frisch, Malakai Fekitoa, Keith Earls; Jack Crowley, Paddy Patterson; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Kiran McDonald; Jack O’Donoghue (C), Alex Kendellen, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Jack O’Sullivan, Conor Murray, Ben Healy, Patrick Campbell.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster team to play Munster, BKT United Rugby Championship Round 11, Sunday 1 January at Kingspan Stadium (KO 5 15pm), live on Viaplay, TG4 and URC.tv.

(15-9): Stewart Moore, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8): Rory Sutherland, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Captain), Greg Jones, Sean Reffell, Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: John Andrew, Eric O’Sullivan, Gareth Milasinovich, Sam Carter, Jordi Murphy, Nathan Doak, Jake Flannery, Ethan McIlroy.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Injury list going the right way then. 2 decent 23s.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:01 pm Injury list going the right way then. 2 decent 23s.
2 decent 23’s ndeed. I think we have the edge in the replacements though. A big test for the boys.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Pretty good side on paper but we will have to see what kind of form these returning players have.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Both wingers for Ulster a bit game shy to totally effective also maybe wary about going full pace coming back from injury and that said I would still pick them before mcIlroy in most games except Munster -- why because Munster put the ball in the air thus from the a game point of view there is a lot depending on the performance of the Munster half backs.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Stockdale is the one I wasn’t expecting to see. Hope he can get a good run of games going.

We’ve got to be happy with this match up.

Seven point favourites with PP.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:59 pm Ulster team to play Munster, BKT United Rugby Championship Round 11, Sunday 1 January at Kingspan Stadium (KO 5 15pm), live on Viaplay, TG4 and URC.tv.

(15-9): Stewart Moore, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8): Rory Sutherland, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Captain), Greg Jones, Sean Reffell, Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: John Andrew, Eric O’Sullivan, Gareth Milasinovich, Sam Carter, Jordi Murphy, Nathan Doak, Jake Flannery, Ethan McIlroy.
Greg Jones ffs :duh: :banghead: Significant Turnips advantage in back row . Also a lot of guys returning with limited game time. This will be a banana skin
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:59 pm Ulster team to play Munster, BKT United Rugby Championship Round 11, Sunday 1 January at Kingspan Stadium (KO 5 15pm), live on Viaplay, TG4 and URC.tv.

Greg Jones ffs :duh: :banghead: Significant Turnips advantage in back row . Also a lot of guys returning with limited game time. This will be a banana skin
I don't get it either.