The run in

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: The run in

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Big win by Stormers away to Sharks. Didn't see that coming.

Didn't doubt they could win but never thought they'd hammer them.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Sharks squad gutted. Theyve one of the strongest when fully loaded
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

They won’t be fully loaded for ulster match though.
7 week stand down period for their springboks ( with a springbok camp in the middle)
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big-al wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:15 pm They won’t be fully loaded for ulster match though.
7 week stand down period for their springboks ( with a springbok camp in the middle)
There’s a lack of clarity about that - have you got a link?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

https://amp.rugby365.com/news/powell-dr ... -bok-bomb/

Never doubt me Justin :cowboy:

Ulster need to target a win. Sharks, without their Springboks, have struggled.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Another kick in the teeth for the URC Championship. Will always be bottom of the pecking order, including UK and Ireland teams, who are still expecting punters to pay top dollar for what are turning into high tempo practice games for squads getting ready for Heineken, Autumn internationals, 6 Nations and this year the World Cup. Whether UR can beat Sharks reserves , or win this shambles of a competition , is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
I Will of course continue to shout my heart out as part of my life long addiction to going to Ravenhill but seriously considering that enough is enough, and next year's 500 quid ST money could be better spent.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Big-al wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:17 am https://amp.rugby365.com/news/powell-dr ... -bok-bomb/

Never doubt me Justin :cowboy:

Ulster need to target a win. Sharks, without their Springboks, have struggled.
Round 14

Lions v Sharks
Bulls v Stormers

Round 15

Stormers v Sharks
Bulls v Lions

Also Sharks v Ulster and Lions v Glasgow on the weekend in between the two rounds are the upcoming games minus the Springboks.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:29 am Another kick in the teeth for the URC Championship. Will always be bottom of the pecking order, including UK and Ireland teams, who are still expecting punters to pay top dollar for what are turning into high tempo practice games for squads getting ready for Heineken, Autumn internationals, 6 Nations and this year the World Cup. Whether UR can beat Sharks reserves , or win this shambles of a competition , is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
I Will of course continue to shout my heart out as part of my life long addiction to going to Ravenhill but seriously considering that enough is enough, and next year's 500 quid ST money could be better spent.
Not really, the springbok players need a rest sometime as they play internationals during the off season in the NH.

The games are mostly SA derbies.

It’s no difference than the 23 or so Irish players that will be pulled for the next couple of rounds.

Same for the French and England.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:29 am Another kick in the teeth for the URC Championship. Will always be bottom of the pecking order, including UK and Ireland teams, who are still expecting punters to pay top dollar for what are turning into high tempo practice games for squads getting ready for Heineken, Autumn internationals, 6 Nations and this year the World Cup. Whether UR can beat Sharks reserves , or win this shambles of a competition , is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
Use the money at your local club, it will be hugely appreciated as would your guldering from the sidelines
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Big-al wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:52 am
Not really, the springbok players need a rest sometime as they play internationals during the off season in the NH.

The games are mostly SA derbies.

It’s no difference than the 23 or so Irish players that will be pulled for the next couple of rounds.

Same for the French and England.
Yeah I was trying to make the point that SA were now behaving in exactly the same way as the Irish, Scottish and Welsh rfus are, holding the URC in complete disdain. But still want our money!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:09 pm
Use the money at your local club, it will be hugely appreciated as would your guldering from the sidelines
Mmmm. At my age, can I be guaranteed a seat and protection from the elements?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Depends on the club.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Top 4 is going to be very tight. Leinster will have a bit to say as they could well put out weakened sides once no. 1 spot secured. Munster have to go to SA also, but I'd back them to get at least one result down there.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:35 pm Top 4 is going to be very tight. Leinster will have a bit to say as they could well put out weakened sides once no. 1 spot secured. Munster have to go to SA also, but I'd back them to get at least one result down there.
Ulster should be aiming to win their next 5 league games. Sharks will be severely weakened, cardiff aren't great and then 3 home games.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Big-al wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:35 pm Top 4 is going to be very tight. Leinster will have a bit to say as they could well put out weakened sides once no. 1 spot secured. Munster have to go to SA also, but I'd back them to get at least one result down there.
Ulster should be aiming to win their next 5 league games. Sharks will be severely weakened, cardiff aren't great and then 3 home games.
Sharks will be fully loaded. Internationals will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.