FRU Dinner

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

denis donaldson
Novice

Post by denis donaldson »

Yes I do know of a few Italian Ice Cream Shops but I would not be able to name them. That would be telling and what sort of person do you think I am?

Now if I was to meet up with some members of the FRU at Desano's some people might start talking. Boy I would cut your hand off for one right now.
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

denis donaldson wrote:Now if I was to meet up with some members of the FRU at Desano's some people might start talking. Boy I would cut your hand off for one right now.

:shock: :shock:

Talking of Italian icecream shops, there's a great wee one on the Maryhill Road near Firhill - anyone try it when you were across in April? Aye right - not when there was an alcoholic alternative, eh? :drunken:
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:Talking of Italian icecream shops, there's a great wee one on the Maryhill Road near Firhill - anyone try it when you were across in April? Aye right - not when there was an alcoholic alternative, eh? :drunken:
Yup, we just headed for a pizza place and some very strong drinks!!!! :drunken:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Strange all the best things appear to come from the East :o
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:
denis donaldson wrote:Now if I was to meet up with some members of the FRU at Desano's some people might start talking. Boy I would cut your hand off for one right now.

:shock: :shock:

Talking of Italian icecream shops, there's a great wee one on the Maryhill Road near Firhill - anyone try it when you were across in April? Aye right - not when there was an alcoholic alternative, eh? :drunken:
didnt see it otherwise id have been there all night ... yuumy. Desanos I was at scholl with them An all boys school and at half term etc his sisters used to come down to take him home .......... the inocence of it all.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

They never brought any ice cream back for the rest of us though :( :evil:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

's all right Rooster, you and me can go out for icecream some time! :wink:

Actually, all this chat about icecream is making me hungry, and it's a lovely evening out there. Might just go for a wee dander down the Lisburn Road now and get some before Celebrity X Factor :D
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Tighty and Rooster. On way out of town, Cecil's was on RHS adjacent to Westbourne Pres. Archie's is on LHS just before Albertbridge Rd junction - it is the one still there.
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Go on YM - can I make up a table - promise to be on my best behaviour 8) 8) - you know I will add joy and much merriment :oops:

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

goodaine- you want YM to take you to a chip shop in East Belfast
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Eddie Spence's and Desano's......................childhood memories.

Lived near enough facing Eddie's, in Avoniel street, a two up two down with an outside toilet and a tin bath in front of the fire.

What else...............plastic sandals and snake belts and a lollipop stick to, well you know what i mean.

Have to stop now ................i'm filling up.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

browner how many tickets for you I suspect we could fill the place but will all those memories be too much for you.

I suspect that we might have to explain to some of the younger ones what tin baths were for. Those were the days.
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Excuse me I I am - can't think of word!!!! but fish shop on lisburn road is nice but I DARE YM to take me to awards tomorrow!!!!!!!! hahahaha

Brian Griffin
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Browner, us Bluemen had proper baths - ye know , big white ones with taps and all :lol: :wink:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

browner wrote:Eddie Spence's and Desano's......................childhood memories.
What else...............plastic sandals and snake belts and a lollipop stick to, well you know what i mean.

Have to stop now ................i'm filling up.
Oh dry your eyes ............ most of us been there and on thAT. still trying to be on big brother7 hahahahahahahhaahaa. Maybe you could be on BB7777777777777777777 LOL

Brian Griffin