Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I'm sure Justins able to take the ribaldry/ stick on here. He doesn't strike me as someone easily triggered
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He'll be back. He's one of us now. A total class act. He forks out a clean fortune to support Ulster home and away. Some people illegally stream the games in their parent's basement. Not even a viaplay sub to their name.

SUFTUM
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Armchair hogging feckers. Justin's too busy getting stuck in on the 42.ie >bud :cheers: :lol:
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Another potential final At Ravenhill squandered. And for a second year in a row it, wouldn’t have been against our nemesis Leinster. What a fcuking bunch of wasters all involved with UR have become.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cormac wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:54 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:26 am I see Dublin born, South Cork raised and schooled, ex Connacht player Frank Murphy is the man in the middle for the Leinster Vs Munster game today.

I wonder what mental gymnastics some will come up with to decide who Frank will go hell bent to ensure a certain team wins.

He might also just do his job, that he's paid for and assessed on by an independent referee panel.

Chris Busby announced as one of the 26 match officials at this years World Cup. Ulster will have at least one representative there.
Brace and Murphy, both Munster Branch refs and both formerly employed by Munster Rugby, between them have reffed 9 of the last 13 games between Leinster and Munster.
How many of these did Munster win? Or is that the point you're making?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

That feeling when you find out Leinster deliberately get beat by Munster just to make me feel even worse. The whole time I've been like it didn't matter cos we wouldn't beat Leinster in Dublin anyway.

Idiots.

:duh: :duh: :banghead: >minigun
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

HammerTime wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:42 pm Another potential final At Ravenhill squandered. And for a second year in a row it, wouldn’t have been against our nemesis Leinster. What a fcuking bunch of wasters all involved with UR have become.
+1 100%
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:34 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:42 pm Another potential final At Ravenhill squandered. And for a second year in a row it, wouldn’t have been against our nemesis Leinster. What a fcuking bunch of wasters all involved with UR have become.
+1 100%
Don't, just don't.

Anyone else have the same train of thought that Stormers are not a great side, yet they've a great shot at being back to back URC champions.

Dobson is getting far more than the sum of the parts there. That 500k on Kitschoff would have been better spent on Dobson. Still only a sticky plaster, if we continue to ignore getting our age grade pathway in shape.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Bad enough it’s denying the fans and themselves a trophy … Dan McF, Petrie, Cunningham, Bell et als incompetence have/are costing the organisation millions here with what was home games right to the final. Not to mention £.75 million through pitchgate (Petries fault) Fcuking up when we had Toulouse on the ropes last year (denying a huge payday in the Aviva). Crumbling v stormers away denying home final. It’s bloody criminal what is going on here and wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else. They’re all to blame but it’s mostly on DM’F for me. Sh!ty boring predictable tactics that any schmuck could work out along with mind boggling selections and falling out with just about everyone. Seriously p!ssed off with this tom kite year after year after year. Glorious opportunity missed once again. Well done Turnips.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

solidarity wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:49 pm
Cormac wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:54 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:26 am I see Dublin born, South Cork raised and schooled, ex Connacht player Frank Murphy is the man in the middle for the Leinster Vs Munster game today.

I wonder what mental gymnastics some will come up with to decide who Frank will go hell bent to ensure a certain team wins.

He might also just do his job, that he's paid for and assessed on by an independent referee panel.

Chris Busby announced as one of the 26 match officials at this years World Cup. Ulster will have at least one representative there.
Brace and Murphy, both Munster Branch refs and both formerly employed by Munster Rugby, between them have reffed 9 of the last 13 games between Leinster and Munster.
How many of these did Munster win? Or is that the point you're making?
It was bound to pay off for them eventually
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:48 pm He'll be back. He's one of us now. A total class act. He forks out a clean fortune to support Ulster home and away. Some people illegally stream the games in their parent's basement. Not even a viaplay sub to their name.

SUFTUM
What have I missed?

Has Justin done a flounce?

Feckin hope not. I don't want to be the only Lionel in this parish
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

HammerTime wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:31 pm Bad enough it’s denying the fans and themselves a trophy … Dan McF, Petrie, Cunningham, Bell et als incompetence have/are costing the organisation millions here with what was home games right to the final. Not to mention £.75 million through pitchgate (Petries fault) Fcuking up when we had Toulouse on the ropes last year (denying a huge payday in the Aviva). Crumbling v stormers away denying home final. It’s bloody criminal what is going on here and wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else. They’re all to blame but it’s mostly on DM’F for me. Sh!ty boring predictable tactics that any schmuck could work out along with mind boggling selections and falling out with just about everyone. Seriously p!ssed off with this tom kite year after year after year. Glorious opportunity missed once again. Well done Turnips.
Took a step back, and thought to myself, it could be worse, I could be a Leinster fan. I know, I know any feckwit wouldn't want to be a Leinster fan, but stay with me.....

How would you feel if you're a Leinster fan this morning. If they lose the European Cup final and go trophyless for a second season in a row, are they the biggest chokers in rugby?

One European Cup in ten seasons, and won't win a league they should have won at a canter for the 2nd season in a row.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

That loss yesterday puts the pressure on them big time v LAR. Still feel they'll come through it.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:27 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:34 pm
+1 100%
Don't, just don't.

Anyone else have the same train of thought that Stormers are not a great side, yet they've a great shot at being back to back URC champions.

Dobson is getting far more than the sum of the parts there. That 500k on Kitschoff would have been better spent on Dobson. Still only a sticky plaster, if we continue to ignore getting our age grade pathway in shape.
Yep, I've been repeatedly saying Stormers are get attable home and away. But They seem to get away with it. Connacht were only put out of sight in the last few minutes. However huge crowds , decent sprinkling of internationals and Dobbo crucially means they make the best of what they've got.
Munster have a real shot if they get their injured quartet back. It would not surprise me- they're on a roll, 2 weeks recovery/ travel and moreover belief.
I never would've thought I would say this, but Turnips currently are where we should be if we had a competent management and leadership team. Rowntree great fit, understands the belligerent bitterness mentality and is fairly ruthless a la Carberry. Their leaders also stand up now :salut:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:48 am
Dave wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:48 pm He'll be back. He's one of us now. A total class act. He forks out a clean fortune to support Ulster home and away. Some people illegally stream the games in their parent's basement. Not even a viaplay sub to their name.

SUFTUM
What have I missed?

Has Justin done a flounce?

Feckin hope not. I don't want to be the only Lionel in this parish
Don’t worry Merv.

I’ve been catching up on a few jobs. Watching Ulster home and away, and chronicling it on here, is quite time consuming.

I’ve also managed to do the rounds, flitting seamlessly from rubbing shoulders with the Belfast glitterati at the Grand Opera House (Mr Hooley himself, Pamela Ballantine and Mike from Mike’s Fancy Cheese) to touching base with my inner culchie at the Balmoral Show.

I imagine both events were available on subscription TV but Lord knows I do love the smell of the greasepaint and the roar of the crowd. I shall ignore the obvious gag for fear of upsetting my in-laws, but I’m now the proud owner of a bottle of gin from County Tyrone, some eels and trout from Lough Neagh and four 100ml cans, ingeniously enough, of malt whiskey from, I think, Newry.

On the basis that I’m even more of a Lionel than you, I have been waiting for a true son of Ulster to deliver the verdict on this season’s denouement and I’m delighted to note that El Baggy Trousers has now obliged on the “End of the road for Dan??” thread. And what a damned wise man he truly is.

Personally, I may also have highlighted the entitled element of the Ulster fanbase, who seem to expect knockout rugby every season and then complain when we get knocked out, and the not dissimilar bunch who’ve failed to notice that the home path to a final is not drawn randomly but, in fact, delivered by the very same coaching staff that they denigrate for not lining our trophy cabinet.

I see some progress has now been made on the forum, in terms of the suggestion that maybe supporting Ulster isn’t quite as bad as it’s made out, in the context of Leinster’s silverware struggles (not to mention, of course, the bulk of the URC we finished above or the Prem teams that fail to pay their players on time or at all).

I shall, of course, be renewing my season ticket, just as I shall for my for Lancastrian football team, who haven’t played in the top flight since 1961, and that I very rarely get to see these days.

It’s the hope that kills you.