Euro2016

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Euro2016

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:I would say that Genesis 1 - 27 is actually a fairly good summation of creation considering it was written 6000 years ago (orget about the days identified for the understanding of the uneducated) and the order is actually very close to reality.

Nobody actually got much closer to the truth for a few millennium.
Talk me through it Rum'n, you are a flat earth creationist it seems so given the earth is 6000 years old - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh FFS :roll: - and Genesis 1:1-27 was written exactly 6000 years ago, did God make pen and paper first off so it could all be recorded faithfully?

One of us may be confused. :duck:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy some say " Word of God " others say "inspired by God" I would park myself in the latter .

As to the" earth and light "
it depends on where you are which came first .

And that answer is outside the box .

Baggy is not past your sober time

And if you really want to think about the Incomprehensible consider John 1

in the beginning was the Word

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy some say " Word of God " others say "inspired by God" I would park myself in the latter .

You should be committed Rummy. :lol:

And yes Rum'n I have drink taken, FFFS it's Friday night here in lovely Granada and I've eaten well and drank almost as well, however I am still lucid, you sadly are blethering bullshit.

That earth and light hokum is grade A fûcktwaddle from a ruined mind.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Baggy some say " Word of God " others say "inspired by God" I would park myself in the latter .

You should be committed Rummy. Image

And yes Rum'n I have drink taken, FFFS it's Friday night here in lovely Granada and I've eaten well and drank almost as well, however I am still lucid, you sadly are blethering bullshit.

That earth and light hokum is grade A fûcktwaddle from a ruined mind.
If your eyes are closed, there is no light.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Let me explain

When the Earth was formed was the light viewable from Earth

A valid question and a valid view point .

It does not deny the existence of light before the existence of earth But realises the existence of light is only meaningful if the light can can be seen.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:Let me explain

It does not deny the existence of light before the existence of earth But realises the existence of light is only meaningful if the light can can be seen.

The 8 year olds on gogglesprogs talked more sense.

I liked the wan last night who said Prof Brian Cox was talking out of his hoop when he described a Spainish wean perched atop a human tower (only in Espana :shock: ) as "defying gravity". :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. 6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. 9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good. 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day. 14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. 20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day. 24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Actually BR, on the basis that you just couldn't make up that sort of bullshite........... :shock: .... I suppose it must be true :roll: : Wait, I've been out in the sun too long. :scratch:

For a lad with superpowers, he took his bloody time. Clearly didn't fancy the 40 hour working week.

It reads like the start of a book written for children about a make-believe land but to be fair it is not a bad attempt considering it was written a long time ago by folk who would have had severely restricted knowledge compared to what we have today. If it was written today it would only be a story for young children.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
It reads like the start of a book written for children about a make-believe land but to be fair it is not a bad attempt considering it was written a long time ago by folk who would have had severely restricted knowledge compared to what we have today. If it was written today it would only be a story for young children.
When my daughter was 6 she asked me to go in and have a chat with her primary school teacher.
She had just told them the story of Noah's ark.
My daughter said "She really believes it Dad. You should talk to her because she's making herself look really stupid!" :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote:
When my daughter was 6 she asked me to go in and have a chat with her primary school teacher.
She had just told them the story of Noah's ark.
My daughter said "She really believes it Dad. You should talk to her because she's making herself look really stupid!" :lol:

Your daughter always gave me the impression of being a sensible sort when we saw you on the terrace before it was ruined. :thumleft:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Moving just slightly off topic, ain't daughters a wonderment. I've just watched a nervous looking father walk his daughter up the aisle to give her away to some blackguard, in the most beautifully ornate church in Granada. Near brought a tear to me ould mince pies. :D

A lovely thing.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Which ?

The Church

The daughter

Or the idea of a wedding in a Church

WUM WUM

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Even when the earth was space dust it was orbiting around the sun. The sun gives the earth heat and light. The sun is older than the earth.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Even when the earth was space dust it was orbiting around the sun.
Talk me through how that all worked Dave? >EW
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave where did I say otherwise
All I have asked was When the earth was formed was the light of the Sun visible from earth ?

If not -- then at that point in time light did not exist on earth .

Even your closed little mind should be be able to grasp that fact .

Light exists but a blind man does not see it .

Any way the argument is really nothing to do with order or days but the first sentence.

In the beginning was ?

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:

Even when the earth was space dust it was orbiting around the sun. The sun gives the earth heat and light. The sun is older than the earth.
Indeed but probably not that much - anything from a few million to 50 million years. A mere astronomical blink of the eye (if you're not Nelson McCausland).

Interestingly, much of the earth's water is thought to be older than the earth and the sun. I think that may actually fit in better with the Creationist ballix.

My favourite object is a chunk of the Sikhote Alin meteorite which orbited the sun for about 4,500 million years before making it's way to Earth in 1947. I had it made into a pendant for Mrs BM.
Big Neville Southall