Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by 222toHounslow »

You’re moving on too quick Setanta
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Dave wrote:The Hond and Brokeknee will be like new signings.
These foreigners coming over here stealing our....... oh all's ok, getting paid to give local lads a chance.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Updated for latest moves:

Prop (8): McCall - Warwick - O'Hagan - Herbst - Moore - Ah You - Kane - van der Merwe (Project)
Hooker (3): Best - Herring - Andrew
Lock (5): Henderson - O'Connor - Treadwell - Browne - Thompson
Back Row (7): Rea - Ross - Henry - Murphy - Reidy - Coetzee (NIQ) - Deysel (NIQ)
Scrum-half (2): Cooney - Shanahan
Out-half (2): Burns - McPhillips
Centre (4): Marshall - McCloskey - Cave - Addison
Wing (4): Gilroy - Stockdale - Lyttle - Busby
Full-back (3): Ludik - Nelson - Owens

Still looks incredibly skinny at 9 - not so bad 10 given Lowry is in the Academy. Unless we're expecting Stewart or Curtis or someone else to bolt - or one of our signings is a 9..
..one more thing
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Wing is a worry, Stockdale's time will be managed by Ireland, Ludik may be needed elsewhere, Lyttle keeps breaking, and Busby and Owens aren't very good.

There's no back three players in the academy as it stands either to come up and fill spots.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Columbo wrote:Updated for latest moves:

Prop (8): McCall - Warwick - O'Hagan - Herbst - Moore - Ah You - Kane - van der Merwe (Project)
Hooker (3): Best - Herring - Andrew
Lock (5): Henderson - O'Connor - Treadwell - Browne - Thompson
Back Row (7): Rea - Ross - Henry - Murphy - Reidy - Coetzee (NIQ) - Deysel (NIQ)
Scrum-half (2): Cooney - Shanahan
Out-half (2): Burns - McPhillips
Centre (4): Marshall - McCloskey - Cave - Addison
Wing (4): Gilroy - Stockdale - Lyttle - Busby
Full-back (3): Ludik - Nelson - Owens

Still looks incredibly skinny at 9 - not so bad 10 given Lowry is in the Academy. Unless we're expecting Stewart or Curtis or someone else to bolt - or one of our signings is a 9..
Nick Timoney is on a senior contract.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I hear we've signed Dee Stitt BSc, hons, RPG, MLA, Tufty Club, RAC, M&S, MOT, WAB. to shore us up at the back and add a bit of stability to next season.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Cornerfleg wrote:I hear we've signed Dee Stitt BSc, hons, RPG, MLA, Tufty Club, RAC, M&S, MOT, WAB. to shore us up at the back and add a bit of stability to next season.
Careful Fleg, it’s Dee Stitt B.Sc. to be precise or he’ll do you for defamt....demfamat....damfamat....he’ll do yer knees in.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:I hear we've signed Dee Stitt BSc, hons, RPG, MLA, Tufty Club, RAC, M&S, MOT, WAB. to shore us up at the back and add a bit of stability to next season.
You see, doing your tufty badge through the open university sounds more appropriate.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Dave wrote:Nick Timoney is on a senior contract.
I'm assuming that will happen, but I don't think it has been announced yet has it?
..one more thing
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

therealspratt wrote:Wing is a worry, Stockdale's time will be managed by Ireland, Ludik may be needed elsewhere, Lyttle keeps breaking, and Busby and Owens aren't very good.

There's no back three players in the academy as it stands either to come up and fill spots.
you say that about Owens, the few times I saw him and Stockdale together at underage level, I was always more impressed by Owens.. It just seems like that knee injury set him back very badly. It's a shame, because he was a class player at underage - who knows maybe he'll get a shot this year..
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Columbo wrote:
Dave wrote:Nick Timoney is on a senior contract.
I'm assuming that will happen, but I don't think it has been announced yet has it?
It was announced in February when Gilroy extended his contract.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Columbo wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Wing is a worry, Stockdale's time will be managed by Ireland, Ludik may be needed elsewhere, Lyttle keeps breaking, and Busby and Owens aren't very good.

you say that about Owens, the few times I saw him and Stockdale together at underage level, I was always more impressed by Owens.. It just seems like that knee injury set him back very badly. It's a shame, because he was a class player at underage - who knows maybe he'll get a shot this year..
And I remember him having a run of shockers for the u20s. I've seen nothing really in him since then that suggests he's going to make it in senior rugby.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

therealspratt wrote:
Columbo wrote:

And I remember him having a run of shockers for the u20s. I've seen nothing really in him since then that suggests he's going to make it in senior rugby.
Owens is a good AIL player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

We've had far too many of good AIL players over the years.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cornerfleg wrote:We've had far too many of good AIL players over the years.
Yip nearly need to question the people who make them academy players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.