Euro2016

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Euro2016

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Hope I'm right otherwise I might burn for eternity eh? I love when christian's gleefully delight in that. I'd rather burn for eternity than have anything to do with an all-powerful being who punishes the people with ever lasting immolation for their unbelief.
Oh I take no glee in it whatsoever Dave.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In a word Mike --No

Simple fact that something can exist without you seeing it and only when you see it do you become aware of its existence .

The wording is quite clever ' God said let there be light '

Not the he created it on the the third day

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:In a word Mike --No

Simple fact that something can exist without you seeing it and only when you see it do you become aware of its existence .

The wording is quite clever ' God said let there be light '

Not the he created it on the the third day

Let there be light, implies in wasn't there.

Please explain how light was not seen?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Hope I'm right otherwise I might burn for eternity eh? I love when christian's gleefully delight in that. I'd rather burn for eternity than have anything to do with an all-powerful being who punishes the people with ever lasting immolation for their unbelief.
You must agree with this level of punishment for unbelief though? God can't be wrong?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:I wonder if Rum was referring to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle which states that at the quantum level, it is possible to measure the position or momentum of something like a photon of light, but not both.

So the act of observing or seeing the light does actually cause collapse of the quantum wave function so the light could then be said to exist from the point of view of the observer.

Or, on the other hand, he could have been talking horlix.
He may well have been Mike............... though I very much doubt it.

The clue is in the name of yer man's "so called" principle. As you and I know, every mentalist worth his/her/it's salt scoffs at such things because they are only theories, just some boyo with a beard with too much time on his hands, tossing thoughts to and fro, when he could manage to take his hand off his dick, wasting his time and education coming up with madcap theories that are not worth a damn compared to talking bushes, guys strolling across the sea, some biy who when the bevy has all gone (that's gone, not went) gets a jug of water lets out a quick expelliamus and Robert's yer nephew, top quality Rioja. :roll:

Of course, things like the big bang can never stand scrutiny beside five thousand people getting a good satisfying nosh of of 2 loaves and a handful of fishes or vice versa, not to mention of course, his sage advice to Gideon that those when drinking lap water as a dog lapeth are the boys to save you in a row, then of course so called Islamic Statelet have nothing on God, who sent fiery serpents in to lay low Israel "and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died", I thought the people of Israel were God's chosen peepil, with friends like Ould Beardie, who needs the Saudis? :roll: Sure better put your faith in some beardie loon from 2000 plus years ago & younger who faithfully & accurately told the whole story despite not having been born never mind present when it happened. They will clearly be more reputable than Einstein with his feckin' wizardry.

Anyway, doubtless that will move things forward to a consensus. :roll:

Anyone see Professor Lovely's piece on light on HMQ's BBC last night, I'm sure Ron'n was glued to it. Wonder did he have to be sedated or did he simply scream "lies" at the TV?

Tell me this Ron'n, if a God says "let there be light" and nobody hears him ...........did he really say it?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
You must agree with this level of punishment for unbelief though? God can't be wrong?
Dave don't let Snipe scare you. >EW Burning for all eternity? Sure a couple of minutes in Roselawn and you are dust. :roll:

Here while I'm at it, transubstantiation, eh? :duh: I hear the Romans are bringing out a new improved waifer with a buttery taste. They plan to call it "I Can't Believe it's not Jesus".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I take a few days break to catch pokemon and this dung is still going
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:I take a few days break to catch pokemon and this dung is still going
Aye and probably still will be in another 2000 years..... though hopefully the human race will have become extinct by then. :roll:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

"Aye and probably still will be in another 2000 years..... though hopefully the human race will have become extinct by then. :roll:"

We're certainly doing our best to make it happen. :roll:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Barring a few of us, the human race is a destructive cantankerous blight on the blue planet. A good nuclear clean out and in a few million years, the planet will renew itself, wait a few dozen million years and - oooops, I was going to say God knows :lol:, but who knows if something better might emerge.

With remarkably few exceptions the human race disgusts me.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Morons

I walk into a room in the morning in pitch dark pull back the curtains and there is light
Same fn principle the dust clouds settle the sky clears and there is light ( on the face of the earth ) where there was no light before .
Having made heaven and earth the light existed .

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Rarely have I trawled through such a lot of more manure than in the last ten pages of this.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Morons

I walk into a room in the morning in pitch dark pull back the curtains and there is light
Same fn principle the dust clouds settle the sky clears and there is light ( on the face of the earth ) where there was no light before .
Having made heaven and earth the light existed .

What dust clouds? I didn't read about them in Genesis?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rocky wrote:Rarely have I trawled through such a lot of more manure than in the last ten pages of this.
+1
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Why is that necessary ? Since what is written is disbelieved . The Spirit moved across the face of the waters ask where the waters came from etc etc etc

Small minds think small